El DerbyCo

roboto

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Thanks, Muespach.

It’s a great month/week to have a birthday....It was my birthday yesterday. 
by any chance are you anton Griezmans offspring...?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/soccer/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4355089/barcas-griezmann-nets-hat-trick-with-third-child-born-on-same-day!%3Fplatform%3Damp

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It’s a great month/week to have a birthday....It was my birthday yesterday. 
by any chance are you anton Griezmans offspring...?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/soccer/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4355089/barcas-griezmann-nets-hat-trick-with-third-child-born-on-same-day!%3Fplatform%3Damp

It was mine yesterday too. I got a new potato peeler. Rock ‘n roll.

6 hours ago, jono said:

Sure, but judging his judgment with hindsight is tacky and unworthy. Then implying you can’t trust him is a bit like saying no one is allowed to make errors .. would that we all lived in your world of unimpeachable faultless club owners that you can pick from any old tree.

Given your moniker and football in general

Who would you trust the most from: you have 10 votes to cast and can give multiple votes to any one candidate 

Mel Morris

Joe Anderson

Sam Rush

Derek Hatton 

Owen Oyston 

Nigel Pearson 

Mike Ashley 

The EFL

Sky Sports

The premier League

Mel gets all 10 from me 

Newcastle whilst poorly run on the pitch has been very well run off it, bar this season Mel Morris tenure has been the opposite. 

Whilst they owe more to Mike Ashley than we do to Mel(144m but we haven't seen the latest accounts), they still own their stadium(which is an asset) and have no loans over the training ground but they are paying interest of 0.1m(duck all)

Meanwhile we apparently have £56m debt to Mel and don't own our stadium, have a loan on our stadium and a loan on our training ground.That doesn't mention the charge owed to a Swiss Turkish businessman who currently is facing trial

If we dont get the right owner in, we can become wigan though Wigan failing means its harder to pass the Fit and Proper test

The sky sports article on Alonso was helpful.

However, I now turn my attention to Rooney.

Rooney is a big name, he might well help attract talent to Derby.

Rooney doesn't have his fa coaching badge.

Rooney while fielding a weak team and not being able to strengthen it effectively has except with loan players, most of whom were probably the best he could get at the time with team facing potential relegation.

Do I trust Rooney to strengthen the team with enough talent to promote the club.

Do I trust Rooney to stop making tactical blunders, because in my opinion he's picked the wrong tactics several times and cost Derby the match.

At present I'm thinking Rooney would make a good assistant manager but he's not the finished article ready to take Derby through a promotion challenge.

He doesn't look to me like someone who can mastermind enough wins.

This season the teams largely been to weak to be a threat at the championship level.

Next season the newly demoted teams with their parachute payments will be in the strongest position to win promotion.

There are a number of more tactically astute managers than Rooney in the championship already.

Derby need a manager who knows how to win promotion to the Premier league.

Can Rooney achieve that.

Its a gamble for Alonso to say he puts his trust in Rooney

I know these things have been said already.

I'm just revoicing the thoughts of others

10 hours ago, Chester40 said:

He wouldn't? He would be aware its  probably a great way to lose money hand over fist... So it's either a vanity project or he plans to asset strip or resell quickly as a reserve plan ? 

Maybe so but, whilst we might respect his honesty none of us would be best pleased if he’d come out and said it’s just a vanity project or,  if the club doesn’t get promoted within a certain period of time I’ll just sell everything I can and bail out.

At the end of the day it’s just words and the test will be how he plans to get us promoted especially given P&S rules. So, I wouldn’t question his business acumen by those few words. That must already be in doubt by the fact he’s planning to buy a championship football club ?

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

At the end of the day it’s just words and the test will be how he plans to get us promoted especially given P&S rules. So, I wouldn’t question his business acumen by those few words. That must already be in doubt by the fact he’s planning to buy a championship football club 

I'm cautiously optimistic, but no idea why.

Being honest, what alternative is there to that assessment? You agree.. the only way to make it profitable is to invest enough to secure promotion and that potentially huge investment guarantees absolutely nothing and it is an incredibly competitive market. 

Or you can sell your assets... or you can run at a loss. 

Struggling to get my head round it. Mel had lots of personal wealth and was a fan...and not sure he would recommend it, so who the hell would.. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

The sky sports article on Alonso was helpful.

However, I now turn my attention to Rooney.

Rooney is a big name, he might well help attract talent to Derby.

Rooney doesn't have his fa coaching badge.

Rooney while fielding a weak team and not being able to strengthen it effectively has except with loan players, most of whom were probably the best he could get at the time with team facing potential relegation.

Do I trust Rooney to strengthen the team with enough talent to promote the club.

Do I trust Rooney to stop making tactical blunders, because in my opinion he's picked the wrong tactics several times and cost Derby the match.

At present I'm thinking Rooney would make a good assistant manager but he's not the finished article ready to take Derby through a promotion challenge.

He doesn't look to me like someone who can mastermind enough wins.

This season the teams largely been to weak to be a threat at the championship level.

Next season the newly demoted teams with their parachute payments will be in the strongest position to win promotion.

There are a number of more tactically astute managers than Rooney in the championship already.

Derby need a manager who knows how to win promotion to the Premier league.

Can Rooney achieve that.

Its a gamble for Alonso to say he puts his trust in Rooney

I know these things have been said already.

I'm just revoicing the thoughts of others

I don't think he'll rock the boat this season, so he was always going to say he puts his trust in him but I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll now go at the end of the season.

12 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's no more ridiculous of your comparison of a failed marriage. If Alonso is so great and obviously telling the truth how come the sheffield wednesday fans aren't lining up to tell us how great this guy is? Instead they're all saying they've missed a bullet. Maybe because his companies are basically shells, he's pals with one of the chaps responsible for the nightmare at Charlton and he's got no track record (outside of being fired) except for his own claim of being a director of an Indonesian club when he wasn't even on the website. 

He's suing Vox for allegedly using his likeness and name isn't he? not the allegations that he's held dodgy political views.  I'm sure I have seen screen grabs of him liking and posting stuff on social media (now cleansed) that looks very dodgy. 

That doesn't answer my question about his dad. Wasn't Calderon forced out of Madrid after allegedly rigging a vote? He also appears to be the family lawyer not his personal one. 

You've obviously made your mind up already - Based on twitter speculation, someone else's feud and a bit of random speculation - So it's a bit pointless debating it with you

I'm as cynical as they come - I pull apart everything people say/do to try and see all angles - And I have no great love for this guy because he's just some random with access to some money - But I'm at least willing to examine all sides of the thing - You seem to be using the most tenuous of threads to support your dislike of the dude from square one rather than examining the sources you use for evidence and giving the guy a fair crack of the whip

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

No, just the facts, are we better off at the end of his reign?

someone else could have been better or worse, that's just guesswork

No, that’s not really an argument. You can only judge on the facts, what has happened and not what might have happened. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, that’s not really an argument. You can only judge on the facts, what has happened and not what might have happened. 

eh that's what I have said!!!!!!

it is you that raised the issue as to whether it would have been different with anybody else at the 'helm'

so judging by the facts we are worse off than we were at the start of his involvement are we not?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12269676/Derby-takeover-ex-real-madrid-president-ramon-calderon-helped-advise-erik-alonso?fbclid=IwAR37goCr7uYlQeFQUqzeSouhMEosY_wE9Ipsmfv4EdscQCdhzhm9UFXmt1U

I personally like the notion of increasing to our foreign scouting network. Our scouting network has been pretty poor even when we had money at the start of Mel's reign the majority went on overhyped, over paid Championship players.

Let's not forgot the wealth of foreign talent in the squad in the late 90s to name a few Stimac, Poom, Baiano Carbonari, Wanchope, Asanović and Eranio and it was this era that brought us our most recent successes and for people younger than 40 (like me) our only successful period.

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

eh that's what I have said!!!!!!

it is you that raised the issue as to whether it would have been different with anybody else at the 'helm'

so judging by the facts we are worse off than we were at the start of his involvement are we not?

No, bit of confusion I think, I am agreeing with you ?

8 hours ago, Ash_SJ said:

Newcastle whilst poorly run on the pitch has been very well run off it, bar this season Mel Morris tenure has been the opposite. 

Whilst they owe more to Mike Ashley than we do to Mel(144m but we haven't seen the latest accounts), they still own their stadium(which is an asset) and have no loans over the training ground but they are paying interest of 0.1m(duck all)

Meanwhile we apparently have £56m debt to Mel and don't own our stadium, have a loan on our stadium and a loan on our training ground.That doesn't mention the charge owed to a Swiss Turkish businessman who currently is facing trial

If we dont get the right owner in, we can become wigan though Wigan failing means its harder to pass the Fit and Proper test

image.thumb.png.c1871b69b325c6ef1f6e1710b1161468.png

4 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12269676/Derby-takeover-ex-real-madrid-president-ramon-calderon-helped-advise-erik-alonso?fbclid=IwAR37goCr7uYlQeFQUqzeSouhMEosY_wE9Ipsmfv4EdscQCdhzhm9UFXmt1U

I personally like the notion of increasing to our foreign scouting network. Our scouting network has been pretty poor even when we had money at the start of Mel's reign the majority went on overhyped, over paid Championship players.

Let's not forgot the wealth of foreign talent in the squad in the late 90s to name a few Stimac, Poom, Baiano Carbonari, Wanchope, Asanović and Eranio and it was this era that brought us our most recent successes and for people younger than 40 (like me) our only successful period.

Not sure many of those were down to scouting. Wanchope came as a result of a video sent to Jim Smith by an agent. Ernie was an established international, as was Stimac and Asanovich. Smith already knew Poom as he had played at Portsmouth.

Surely a scouting network picks up a gem from Senegal or Scotland, a player no one has hardly heard of. AKA Brentford or Leicester with Vardy? Signing internationals hardly needs a scouting network, you need a TV.