Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Although I'm still processing my grief concerning the loss of the 'Abu Derby County' thread, I'm encouraged by the 'El DerbyCo' thread thus far. 

We've had far right Spanish politics, unsubstantiated Twitter rumours, smiling Indonesian businessmen, a debate on Ryan Conway's reliability and mention of Jeremy Corbyn.

The old thread was often completely random and off-topic, and this one is keeping on the tradition. Love it!

d062d6f70ddbebd07dc1234c2f57ee7b.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Looks like he’s done an interview with a Spanish newspaper regarding the takeover.

Says the deal could be even be closed as early as tomorrow:

https://www.football24.news/premier-league/209300/erik-alonso-the-spanish-boxer-exiled-in-indonesia-who-has-bought-Derby-county-2.html

Only words yes but sounds promising in 1 days he’s been more vocal than the fake Sheikh let’s just hope there’s no dramas with this let’s just hope if it’s going to happen it actually happens and before the summer because that is massive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Although I'm still processing my grief concerning the loss of the 'Abu Derby County' thread, I'm encouraged by the 'El DerbyCo' thread thus far. 

We've had far right Spanish politics, unsubstantiated Twitter rumours, smiling Indonesian businessmen, a debate on Ryan Conway's reliability and mention of Jeremy Corbyn.

The old thread was often completely random and off-topic, and this one is keeping on the tradition. Love it!

d062d6f70ddbebd07dc1234c2f57ee7b.gif

You didn't enjoy my contribution??

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

In brief - 

Judge him by his work not his words

Will have help from someone who has worked at Real Madrid and is a big name in football

Firstly we need to stay in the league but manager and players have his full support

Message to all Derby fans, appreciate all words from fans and good times will return

Wants to be confirmed as soon as possible

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

If the bloke really is dubious I imagine he will be boiled alive by the Media and Social Media, and I would HOPE the EFL tests would flag him up.

The Fake Sheikh wasn't. I can't remember any media source pointing to him being a tyre kicker. They were just as silent as that Newcastle fan said they would be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

In brief - 

Judge him by his work not his words

Will have help from someone who has worked at Real Madrid and is a big name in football

Firstly we need to stay in the league but manager and players have his full support

Message to all Derby fans, appreciate all words from fans and good times will return

Wants to be confirmed as soon as possible

That was a very strange and slightly uncomfortable interview. As intriguing as it is worrying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

In brief - 

Judge him by his work not his words

Will have help from someone who has worked at Real Madrid and is a big name in football

Firstly we need to stay in the league but manager and players have his full support

Message to all Derby fans, appreciate all words from fans and good times will return

Wants to be confirmed as soon as possible

Oh lord... Is Clement coming back.... 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rad1919 said:

That was a very strange and slightly uncomfortable interview. As intriguing as it is worrying.

I suppose he can’t say too much and the interview was at very short notice, I’d prefer to be cautiously positive and say kudos to him for speaking out when he could easily of refused. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

In brief - 

Judge him by his work not his words

Will have help from someone who has worked at Real Madrid and is a big name in football

Firstly we need to stay in the league but manager and players have his full support

Message to all Derby fans, appreciate all words from fans and good times will return

Wants to be confirmed as soon as possible

Interesting interview. He didn’t have to do it.

Clearly aware that “we need BIG investment” I am happy to wait and see if “Good times will return” no reason to doubt his intentions. 
 

I did notice he stuttered a wee bit when Rooney was brought up, that might be interesting 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.