El DerbyCo

roboto

Anyone heard anything?

There's a bit of Twitter noise around that Alonso can't raise the cash and the deal is about to fall through. It all seems to be kids and attention seekers, so normally I'd dismiss it as rubbish...but with our recent record, who knows.

Has the EFL fit and proper test even started yet?

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Anyone heard anything?

There's a bit of Twitter noise around that Alonso can't raise the cash and the deal is about to fall through. It all seems to be kids and attention seekers, so normally I'd dismiss it as rubbish...but with our recent record, who knows.

Has the EFL fit and proper test even started yet?

Cornwall Ram, I don't worry about it myself, knowing that if there is anything bad to report you'll be all over it like a rash. You'll really enjoy telling us all you told us so! 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Cornwall Ram, I don't worry about it myself, knowing that if there is anything bad to report you'll be all over it like a rash. You'll really enjoy telling us all you told us so! 

I’ve a vague hope that the (small) silver-lining of relegation might be that the doom-mongers might move on and we could return to the hardcore of supporters that genuinely want the best for the club - unfortunately I have a feeling they’ll just hang around like a bad smell repeatedly telling us that they told us it would all go wrong.....

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

I can only apologise for not being as good a supporter as you Angie. I will try to remember my place before posting in future.

26 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I’ve a vague hope that the (small) silver-lining of relegation might be that the doom-mongers might move on and we could return to the hardcore of supporters that genuinely want the best for the club - unfortunately I have a feeling they’ll just hang around like a bad smell repeatedly telling us that they told us it would all go wrong.....

What’s your definition of a doom monger? Those fans expressing their concerns who happen to be proved right?

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What’s your definition of a doom monger? Those fans expressing their concerns who happen to be proved right?

No - the small element on here that seem to take a disproportionate delight in things going wrong for the club - whether that’s poor results that backup their view of the management or issues with the takeover that mean they can crow about how insightful they were. I don’t have any issue with people raising concerns, but people that take more pleasure in being proved right than in the overall good of the club are more than welcome to go forth and multiply.....

Just now, Gaspode said:

No - the small element on here that seem to take a disproportionate delight in things going wrong for the club - whether that’s poor results that backup their view of the management or issues with the takeover that mean they can crow about how insightful they were. I don’t have any issue with people raising concerns, but people that take more pleasure in being proved right than in the overall good of the club are more than welcome to go forth and multiply.....

I've found very little to be right about.. 

I badly wanted Cocu with his sophisticated, international pedigree to be a huge success. Wrong. Then we tried to hang on with him too long. Wrong. Thought even so his style of football would be something worth waiting for. Wrong.

Believed no way CKR was a decent striker. Wrong, he led the line valiantly at times. Thought how can Rooney fail as a player with his winning attitude. Wrong. Hated the idea of him as manager, going to be a disaster. Wrong, went on a great run. Thought he was pretty personality-less, wrong. He started to come across well in interviews and after being so anti his appointment I had to say he deserved a chance. 

Mel finally manages to secure investment that I couldn't believe was a total hoax, there seemed no way he could be conned to give a say in decisions to a group of chancers - trick me once shame on you, errr trick me 3 or 4 times then shame ain't the word! 

Rooney then oversees a group of games so terribly dull and insipid that I can't recall ever being so bored by a Derby team. Results go off a cliff. CKR is every bit the 'couldn't hit a barn door' journeyman I thought he would be. 

I'm struggling to get any pleasure from Derby full stop. Terribly frustrating and like a nightmare you can't wake up from.  Relegation may be the reset we need but I fail to see how playing Fleetwood etc is going to get us in the Premier League.

Limping over the finish line, fourth bottom and giving Rooney the job feels equally depressing too...but I've been wrong before!!! 

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Other than Florist trolls, I don't think any true Rams fan that contributes to this forum wants the team to fail. If I am included in your doom monger classification I would counter that I am pragmatic and a realist. I hate the term but the so called 'happy clappers' on here who keep posting along the lines '100% not going down', 'we will be safe with 3 games to play', 'we will win our easy games away at Blackburn and Preston' are just not seeing it as it is......burying their head in the sand......just take a look at the table and the fact we have won one game in eleven.....I take no enjoyment out of that whatsoever. I have followed the Rams since I was four living down in Cornwall, no links to Derby. Travelled home and away in the 80's, had Rams weekenders with my son staying over after away games when he was a lad and now travel 120 mile round trips to home games and invested a lot of time and money in the process. I think that gives me the right to express my views and say what I think, including the grave concerns I have at the moment. The last thing I want is for the Rams to do badly and any fan that says that to me can go forth and multiply..........