Is Rooney good for player development ?

kevinhectoring

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What witch hunt would that be? The title of the thread is do people think he's doing a good developing young players? Some people, myself included, don't think he is right now. Doesn't mean I want him gone, as I've stated clearly on several other threads, only that the likes of Sibley could have been handled better. Am I not as entitled to an opinion as you, or do I need your permission to post? It's feckin weird the way some of you lot throw a hissy fit every time someone has the temerity to be critical of the man.  ?‍♂️

wow , calm down pal , no where did i say you couldnt have an opinion

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

The witch hunt comment wasnt aimed at you as such , some posters on here Rooney cant do right from wrong with them , just think he deserves a bit of slack

I think by and large most folk accept that he's done a decent job. There's a few that want him gone, but it's nothing like as vitriolic as things got with Cocu and let's be honest, no matter how well he does, some are still not going to be happy. That's how these forums tend to be.

Is Rooney good for player development ?

Well. Let's see, experience ? He Played Senior football for nearly 20 years

Playing experience League games 569 with 237 goals and International games 120 with 53 goals.

He played under such a variety of managers as David Moyes, Sir Alex Ferguson, Louie Van Gaal, Ronald Koeman,Sven Goran Erikson,Roy Hodgson,Garth Southgate and of course Phillip Cocu.  

In that time he must have seen and interacted with thousands of players,coaches and managers. 

He must have picked up some knowledge of how to develop players from both his own personal experiences and from and being around some of world's renowned coaches for all that time. 

Time will tell, he's only had half a season yet and none of the players are really of his choosing and were hamstrung financially.

So good coaching and player development maybe the only way out our situation.

Archived