U23 v Spurs 7.00pm

Rambalin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed the game but it's tremendous to reach 30 points (in a 13-team league so 24 games in total). We've 5 games left. We can't win the league (Man city are 10 points ahead with a game in hand). But there's no chance at all now that we can be relegated.

This buys the Academy total flexibility for how to deal with the rest of the season and who might follow Stretton out to the National League and who might move on and who should be promoted now to take a look at them and see how they do in the older age group. Those without a future with us can be allowed to leave for other clubs if that helps them. Triallists can be given game time. Really great achievement. Leicester are flirting with relegation and in terms of East Midlands football it would be excellent if they slide into the second division making us the highest placed local academy in terms of attracting new talent.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Etete's a real handful

I'd love him at Derby. He's a Derby lad, knows all the academy guys quite well, goes on holidays with them all. At 6ft 6 he's a real handful. He went to Chellaston School and played against a few of my mates in a School House game and apparently absolutely ripped them all to shreds and he wasn't even caring that much.

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Cynical foul by Spurs to finish but 3rd place after that, which is good. No disgrace to be behind Man City, but why are Blackburn so good at this level?

Blackburn typically have older teams than others in this division.

I think they opt for 'effective football' which yields results against sides which opt for technical football at this level

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Missed the game but it's tremendous to reach 30 points (in a 13-team league so 24 games in total). We've 5 games left. We can't win the league (Man city are 10 points ahead with a game in hand). But there's no chance at all now that we can be relegated.

This buys the Academy total flexibility for how to deal with the rest of the season and who might follow Stretton out to the National League and who might move on and who should be promoted now to take a look at them and see how they do in the older age group. Those without a future with us can be allowed to leave for other clubs if that helps them. Triallists can be given game time. Really great achievement. Leicester are flirting with relegation and in terms of East Midlands football it would be excellent if they slide into the second division making us the highest placed local academy in terms of attracting new talent.

Exactly this. We can now prepare for next season. We can afford to give the older lads an opportunity to get 10 games in the National League, whilst giving the U18s a chance to get used to the step up in quality. We've already seen the start of that with Williams (still a first year scholar) getting a handful of opportunities.

It also gives the U16s more opportunities at U18 level - not that they haven't had a lot of game time already.

As you say, it's got to be good for recruitment when we're progressing youths through earlier than most and we're playing at the highest level out of all clubs in the region.

5 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Looking forward to watching Shonibare.

He always reminds me of Billy Connolly when he used to talk about drunken Glaswegians looking for a party back in the day.

When they walked along the tenement flats, giving it....... "Oh Shonibare"......

I can't find the exact clip, but this is Bill warbling, but I'm sure I've heard him say......" Oh Shonibare" on other shows when telling the story, unless I was drunk when I watched it!........time for another beer!

Help me out here @RadioactiveWaste& @Elgin_Ram

The Lonach games were great. Billy was the Laird. Robin Williams used to do the mountain run. Lots of Billy’s famous friends used to attend. Did you ever go there Inverurie. You would have been the most famous of the lot, obviously.

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Got a tough battle with McDonald to be Byrne's backup

I see Ebosele as a more versatile defender who can play RB or LB. I think he may also do well as a DM with his close control and passing range.

McDonald is a bit quicker and is more suited to right side only. I think he can also play as RM/RW too.

Either way it's great to see competition for places throughout the levels of the club.

9 hours ago, Elgin_Ram said:

The Lonach games were great. Billy was the Laird. Robin Williams used to do the mountain run. Lots of Billy’s famous friends used to attend. Did you ever go there Inverurie. You would have been the most famous of the lot, obviously.

I bet he knows the words to more songs than all of them put together.

19 hours ago, Elgin_Ram said:

I might have done, I was dragged along to a few in the late 80's, early 90's but I think they were at Ballater, Braemar etc and I was usually rather drunk and I've just missed Gregory scoring against Brentford typing this!.....no replays on the Sky Red Button!......I need a drink!

48 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I might have done, I was dragged along to a few in the late 80's, early 90's but I think they were at Ballater, Braemar etc and I was usually rather drunk and I've just missed Gregory scoring against Brentford typing this!.....no replays on the Sky Red Button!......I need a drink!

Hope you caught the second one ok.

Archived