Britain's Funniest Person

sage

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea, I don't subscribe to the idea that any one person is funnier than another.

All I can say is that if I had to describe my outlook on life as a combination of the personalities of 3 current television comedians (if you had to limit it to that) it's probably, maybe, a combination of Jon Richardson, Ed Gamble & Joel Dommett.... and many others, not because they're funny but because they're relatable. I don't bloody know, I could name 3 completely different people tomorrow.

I like a lot of deceased comedians, but I can't say I relate to any of them.

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I was going to start a thread called "Britains Least Funny Comedian" and start out with Nish Kumar - but then I realised it was pointless as no-one could possibly come up with a better suggestion.....

He really is a pillock of the grand order.

He was on a comedy Zoom event for a sick children’s charity we support and I thought fair play, I’ll give him a chance, but he used the opportunity to do a rant against the Tory party and in particular Boris Johnson which was not remotely funny or interesting regardless of political opinion.

He so badly misjudged the event. People just started wandering away from their screens.

Back on subject I do like silly puns, so Ken Dodd and Tim Vine would be a good pairing.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

He really is a pillock of the grand order.

He was on a comedy Zoom event for a sick children’s charity we support and I thought fair play, I’ll give him a chance, but he used the opportunity to do a rant against the Tory party and in particular Boris Johnson which was not remotely funny or interesting regardless of political opinion.

He so badly misjudged the event. People just started wandering away from their screens.

Back on subject I do like silly puns, so Ken Dodd and Tim Vine would be a good pairing.

Why book Nish Kumar for that? It's like booking Bernie Clifton and complaining all he did was ride around on a fake ostrich.

Again, can't see any point in complaining someone isn't funny. Comedy is so subjective. You just mean it's not your kind of humour. 

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

...It's like booking Bernie Clifton and complaining all he did was ride around on a fake ostrich...

Whoa!  Hang on one cockamamie god damn minute, buddy.

Just exactly what the hell are you trying to say, here?     ? ?‍♂️

26 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Why book Nish Kumar for that? It's like booking Bernie Clifton and complaining all he did was ride around on a fake ostrich.

Again, can't see any point in complaining someone isn't funny. Comedy is so subjective. You just mean it's not your kind of humour. 

The point was it wasn’t really comedy. Going on and on about how he wanted to see BJ in proper prison is personal and political, not comedy. 

In your analogy it was closer to booking Greta Thunberg and then saying ‘well she wasn’t very funny!’

If he was lampooning him for his obvious deficiencies in a humorous fashion that would be comedy.

Donald Trump is funny.

not sure whether he is dead or alive but he is very funny.

whats even funnier is that people think he’s serious.

I’m pretty sure when he takes off that outrageous wig and all the orange face paint, he just cracks up laughing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived