Rooney, manager, mid-term report

IslandExile

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

The progress of a Team under a manager is rarely a straight line upwards...it's a 3 steps forward, 2 back, 2 forward, 3 back and so forth. 

er.......hang on.......that’s    +3.  -2.   +2.   -3.......?......um, 

not sure that is progress mate?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post Stoke....

No, no, no.

How many more times are we going to have Rooney tell us that the performance was not acceptable?

How many more times is he going to select a formation and lineup only to change it when it doesn't function as he expects?

How many more times is he going to alienate players? Recently Sibley, this week Waghorn. Presumably it went something like "no CKR is not fit enough to play, but I still prefer him over you".

He's called out Sibley, Marriott, Holmes, Waggy and others - do that behind closed doors. I cannot remember Ferguson, Clough Sr., Cox or Smith ever publicly slamming players. (Clough Jr. was different).

What troubles me most is the tactics. We're setting up very defensively, unable to keep a clean sheet or create any chances.

Yes the squad is poor, poorer than it has been for years. But many on here slammed Cocu and not the playing staff. Now those folks are excusing Rooney and saying it's the squad.

There are others claiming we had a new manager bounce with Rooney's early results; they should remember Bielik and Kazim-Richards were finally fit, coincident with Rooney's appointment - and Rooney the manager hasn't been forced to pick Rooney, the player/passenger.

I was in favour of Rooney's appointment but my confidence has been waning. It's now gone altogether. Even with such a poor squad, I do not like his approach.

I'm sorry, I now want Rooney out.

Not going to happen, until at least the end of the season or until we have new owners.

I don't think we'll get relegated, even now, but I am afraid of Rooney deciding on who stays and who goes. This is a bad, scary time.

Archived