Polish Darren Wrack

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Our club doesn't understand the concept of wingers though, Byrne who plays in defense is probably our best winger or Lord Lucanesque Ibe who I think still plays for us but can't be entirely sure anymore...

Get off your negative bandwagon mate 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Our club doesn't understand the concept of wingers though, Byrne who plays in defense is probably our best winger or Lord Lucanesque Ibe who I think still plays for us but can't be entirely sure anymore...

You make a good point re Byrne. Tempted to shove him up there, with Roberts on the other wing, Macdonald at RB. Something like:

Roos

Macdonald  Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Byrne Shinnie Knight/Beni B Roberts

CKR & Gregory.

Sorry to go all Mike Bassett but nothing else is working. 

19 hours ago, TexasRam said:

There is a player there somewhere. Just wish he’d be more intelligent with the ball, not take the extra touch or pass it seconds earlier than he does and please Joz try and stay on your feet and also have a shot now and again. 

Thought he actually had his head up more in this game. Did manage a couple of passes early which is an improvement on his “puppy with a ball” antics previously 

20 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lets cut the lad a bit of slack, no way is that one of the worst performances in a Derby shirt you have seen & if it is I assume you have only been watching us since McClaren took us over amd even then I would say there has been many worse. The lad wasnt even our worst player today.

Take into considerstion he is only 22, moved to a new league which many players struggle to adapt to even if they are English, he has moved during a global pandemic where it is public knowledge he hasnt gotten to see his family & girlfriend for a long time. His best mate over here in Bielik is out for the season so he doesnt have that familiar face around and all of that whilst playing in a struggling team where he has no movement off him.

You dont get into the Poland national team at his age if you are a poor player.

Stop talking sense. No place for it here.

We spent a bit of money on a young polish international, and he’s not single handily tearing the league apart, despite the whole team being absolutely dreadful.....booooooooo the poo bar steward, send him back to Poland ?‍♂️

5 hours ago, Diego said:

Darren Wrack: 26 games, 1 goal (remember it well at the BBG).

Kamil Jozwiak: 22 games, 1 goal....

He’s got 4 games to bag until we rename this thread the Polish Eddie Lewis.

SO what you're saying is that Dareen never got a polish and Kamil's heading the same way? Gutted for the lad to be honest ?

31 minutes ago, rammieib said:

How many goals /assists did Roberts get then in that 29 mins?

None you say? So no he didn’t do more.

Completed more passes/ dribbles so on that basis I’d say he did more. Far better player, give Roberts a fair run and he’ll show a lot more. 

12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I think he'll come good next season. Probably come here unable to speak the lingo. A few games ago could hear byrne shouting "push on and kamil do you understand"

Probably why he plays better with Poland

I don't really think this is that important. All our international players play better for there county. Jozwiak, Lawrence, even Marshall. We've just regressed as a footballing side in recent seasons (minus Lampard's). We're just not a good club to join if you want to improve as a player unfortunately, especially if your an attacker.

In fact, in recent seasons, I can't think of any non academy player who has actually improved as a player since they signed for us (not including Lampard's season). Maybe Clarke, but has he improved? he seems to have just been consistently good since he signed. You could even argue the academy players would have improved even more at another club.

11 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

So what ? I’d play him over Lawrence every time , in fact , I’d rather play Mick Brolly over TL , funnily enough I still don’t want TL representing Derby County in any shape or form. 

So you'd rather us get relegated than play TL? (not that I'm saying he's our saviour or anything, but he's still better to have as an option than not). For what reason? Morality? Like there's any morality left in football at all anyway

On 13/03/2021 at 17:05, DCFClks said:

I'll just copy what I already put in another thread.

I don't agree with the Jozwiak criticism. What is he, or any winger we have meant to do in this system we're playing? No space to operate in, no supporting runs, no movement, no one to cross to. 

Totally agree he’s one of the few players we have who are trying to take a man on and create something,in the past he has linked up well with Lawrence but at the moment he’s got nobody to link with or feed off.

49 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I don't really think this is that important. All our international players play better for there county. Jozwiak, Lawrence, even Marshall. We've just regressed as a footballing side in recent seasons (minus Lampard's). We're just not a good club to join if you want to improve as a player unfortunately, especially if your an attacker.

In fact, in recent seasons, I can't think of any non academy player who has actually improved as a player since they signed for us (not including Lampard's season). Maybe Clarke, but has he improved? he seems to have just been consistently good since he signed. You could even argue the academy players would have improved even more at another club.

I wasn't aware international players played for county's. 

52 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Only one i can think of who has improved since we signed him is probably Roos.

Not sure your point is right though as it seems to depend which manager we have. As you said, under Lampard everyone looked better. Would also say the same about Mac. Both these managers played attacking style football. We have also had Cocu & Rowett too but they both played defensively and nobody really looked as good. So i would say it all depends on the managers style. 

4 hours ago, Diego said:

Completed more passes/ dribbles so on that basis I’d say he did more. Far better player, give Roberts a fair run and he’ll show a lot more. 

I would actually put him in. Sibley behind CKR, Roberts on the right, Joz on the left. Knight and Shinnie with Knight given permission to break through.

We are painful to watch at the moment, I’m just trying to get excited at creating an opportunity to score, let alone actually score!

3 hours ago, DCFClks said:

So you'd rather us get relegated than play TL? (not that I'm saying he's our saviour or anything, but he's still better to have as an option than not). For what reason? Morality? Like there's any morality left in football at all anyway

I suppose I would 

Archived