Polish Darren Wrack

3 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

If you thought Joz was that bad today, what did you make of Waghorn's performance?

Horrific. But Iv never rated him and it should be a forgone conclusion that we release him in the summer.

Hope Jozwiak proves me royally wrong in the future though.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's in horrible form, seems to not have his confidence and he's playing in a team that's pretty miserable.

Ultimatly, as long as we limp over the line with three teams below us, i'll clean slate every player who is still at the club. There are plenty of them who we have seen play better before or have potential to be better than they are now. At the moment it's turd, but he's at least putting effort in.

If it gets to november next season and he's still not producing then perhaps I'll be more questioning, but we're in a turd patch in a turd season where the only thing that actually matters is three teams being worse after 46 games.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He's in horrible form, seems to not have his confidence and he's playing in a team that's pretty miserable.

Ultimatly, as long as we limp over the line with three teams below us, i'll clean slate every player who is still at the club. There are plenty of them who we have seen play better before or have potential to be better than they are now. At the moment it's turd, but he's at least putting effort in.

If it gets to november next season and he's still not producing then perhaps I'll be more questioning, but we're in a turd patch in a turd season where the only thing that actually matters is three teams being worse after 46 games.

I'll just copy what I put on another thread again...

Can you seriously tell me what he could have done differently today? The build up play was so slow, when he got the ball he was already crowded out by 3 of there defenders with no support from anyone. Millwall were so deep he had no room to run into, which is one of his strengths. No one making runs to draw defenders away to create space. Most of the passes to him long balls where he was expected to win a header near the half way line.

I remember watching him when he last played for Poland against The Netherlands, where they set up to play on the counter attack, and he had a brilliant game and scored. Completely wasted in this team, just like Lawrence and Marriott have been, or most attacking players we've had in recent seasons. People are blaming the players when it's the tactics. I have no doubt if Jozwiak or Lawrence played in a team like Brentford for example, they'd flourish.

5 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I'll just copy what I put on another thread again...

Can you seriously tell me what he could have done differently today? The build up play was so slow, when he got the ball he was already crowded out by 3 of there defenders with no support from anyone. Millwall were so deep he had no room to run into, which is one of his strengths. No one making runs to draw defenders away to create space. Most of the passes to him long balls where he was expected to win a header near the half way line.

I remember watching him when he last played for Poland against The Netherlands, where they set up to play on the counter attack, and he had a brilliant game and scored. Completely wasted in this team, just like Lawrence and Marriott have been, or most attacking players we've had in recent seasons. People are blaming the players when it's the tactics. I have no doubt if Jozwiak or Lawrence played in a team like Brentford for example, they'd flourish.

I'll copy & paste my response from the other thread again,

every single word of this.

I can hardly believe how folk have changed their tune.

when we were about to sign him, most folk were acting as if it was the coming of the messiah. 

i was a lone voice when I said that I couldn’t understand why everyone was getting so excited and there was nothing in the highlights video to suggest he was going to be great. In fact I think I even said he was a bit poo @ Luton away and got slated. Maybe his limitations have become more apparent.

I actually like him more than I did. I like the fact he can hold the ball. I like the fact that he keeps on trying. But so far it’s hard to know where he would best fit in. Right wing? No10? Now that we have signed him we have to get behind him. 

10 hours ago, Diego said:

I don’t like witch hunting but that was one of the worst displays from a player in a Rams shirt Iv seen since probably last week.

How many more chances does he get?! Looks absolutely out his depth.

Try focusing on Martyn Waghorn, mate.

I think he'll come good next season. Probably come here unable to speak the lingo. A few games ago could hear byrne shouting "push on and kamil do you understand"

Probably why he plays better with Poland and bielik. Also he gets the ball back off bielik straight away & they play nice little 1-2s and one touch football between each other. Anyone else isn't willing or able to play such football. I don't think he's that bad but his team mates make him look poor 

14 hours ago, Diego said:

Just want to gauge the opinion. One goal return. 

Just imagine the uproar if Lawrence was putting in these “performances”. 

So what ? I’d play him over Lawrence every time , in fact , I’d rather play Mick Brolly over TL , funnily enough I still don’t want TL representing Derby County in any shape or form. 

5 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Try focusing on Martyn Waghorn, mate.

What’s the point? He’s woeful, we know that. Top of the release list, but we’ll no doubt give him 3 more years.

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Why would we polish Darren Wrack? 

Darren Wrack: 26 games, 1 goal (remember it well at the BBG).

Kamil Jozwiak: 22 games, 1 goal....

He’s got 4 games to bag until we rename this thread the Polish Eddie Lewis.

Another winger we have bought who cuts inside all of the time. 

I see no evidence to date that his performances will improve remarkably next season. Some of the comments about his crap teammates dragging his standard of play down are quite laughable and the number of mitigating excuses have been very charitable. 

I might trawl through his YouTube clips for a laugh later if I need cheering up. 

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

So what ? I’d play him over Lawrence every time , in fact , I’d rather play Mick Brolly over TL , funnily enough I still don’t want TL representing Derby County in any shape or form. 

TL is the best winger at the club, I’m afraid. 

Archived