Derby v Millwall, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I don't understand this either, Why not say the same about Waghorn who did nothing? The only reason I can think is that he thinks Sibley can do more but there's no point with Waghorn because he knows he can't do more anyway. I'd imagine that would just really annoy Sibley though considering he's hardly getting a chance and keeps getting subbed on in difficult circumstances. SET THE TEAM UP SO OUR ATTACKERS ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE TO DO WELL THEN WAYNE!

This could be Wayne's very own "Tommi Cywka" moment

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not happy about this at all. Singles out one of the few bright sparks who also happens to be a kid who's had barely any football recently. WTF!?!

How about the senior pros who are terrified to pass the ball forward and spend 90 minutes playing with their backs to goal? Were they part of the reason we got beat, or was it all Louie's fault? What happened to the 'we win and lose as a team' chat you were rolling out every week not so long ago?

He did do something . He had a shot that hit the crossbar. An improvement on the rest who were like Stevie Wonder on ketamine.

28 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Camara is looking like Ronaldinho and Josefzoon like Ronaldo at the moment. I am old enough to remember us scoring a goal but I really feel for the young ones. 

Grim isn't it. If I had half a brain I'd just go do something enjoyable but I'm stupid and stubborn in equal measures so I'll just keep stumping up to watch garbage week in, week out. GF keeps asking why I don't just pick another team ?

43 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

unfortunately that's probably true.

I've been thinking for a while now as well that Jozwiak is probably really regretting the move. He was sold the idea of attacking, possession based football and just look what we've become now. 

Perhaps we were sold the idea that he could help provide it?

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He did do something . He had a shot that hit the crossbar. An improvement on the rest who were like Stevie Wonder on ketamine.

Now struggling to get the image of a K-holed Stevie Wonder falling off his piano seat out of my head ?

1 minute ago, angieram said:

When I saw Stevie Wonder at the NEC back in the day he was stood on his piano seat dancing! 

Yeah, doubt that was ketamine related ?

Joking aside, the man's a legend. One of the all-time great funksters. Also my mum's favourite artist too. 

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yeah, doubt that was ketamine related ?

Joking aside, the man's a legend. One of the all-time great funksters. Also my mum's favourite artist too. 

He's also probably more likely to score a goal for us than our current forward line. Sign him up!

1 hour ago, minesahartington said:

Perhaps we were sold the idea that he could help provide it?

I really don't understand all the criticism towards Jozwiak. Any winger/attacker playing in this team will struggle. Jozwiak has actually proven and shown what he can do when playing for Poland, so it's not like he isn't capable. Perhaps it's got something to do with the poor tactics and huge lack of support he gets in a Derby shirt. Every single one of our attacking players are struggling because of the tactics not because their no good. You don't just become bad players overnight.

Here's a perfect example. Look at Burnley's attackers, Vydra. Had a great season for us, scored lots of goals, went to play in a defensive Burnley team and now looks poo. Chris Wood, scored tons of goals for Leeds, went to Burnley to play defensive football and now gets what 7/8 goals a season. Jay Rodriguez. Looked fantastic at Southampton, did really well at West Brom, then went to play defensive style at Burnley and now never scores. 

IT'S THE TACTICS !!!!

16 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I really don't understand all the criticism towards Jozwiak. Any winger/attacker playing in this team will struggle. Jozwiak has actually proven and shown what he can do when playing for Poland, so it's not like he isn't capable. Perhaps it's got something to do with the poor tactics and huge lack of support he gets in a Derby shirt. Every single one of our attacking players are struggling because of the tactics not because their no good. You don't just become bad players overnight.

Here's a perfect example. Look at Burnley's attackers, Vydra. Had a great season for us, scored lots of goals, went to play in a defensive Burnley team and now looks poo. Chris Wood, scored tons of goals for Leeds, went to Burnley to play defensive football and now gets what 7/8 goals a season. Jay Rodriguez. Looked fantastic at Southampton, did really well at West Brom, then went to play defensive style at Burnley and now never scores. 

IT'S THE TACTICS !!!!

Yes I agree, the tactics in todays game were totally wrong. Rowett ball is all about counter attacking football, let the opponents have possession and rely on mistakes on set pieces. watching today, I felt Knight was too deep, we should have gone with 4 at the back with an holding midfielder (not Knight). Waghorn did nothing again to warrent a start in the team. Kazim-Richards had a bad game, due to Rowett making sure he had no space/time on the ball being closely marked with sometimes 2 players on him. Roll on Tuesday when we have the likes of Lawrence back in the mix.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Yes I agree, the tactics in todays game were totally wrong. Rowett ball is all about counter attacking football, let the opponents have possession and rely on mistakes on set pieces. watching today, I felt Knight was too deep, we should have gone with 4 at the back with an holding midfielder (not Knight). Waghorn did nothing again to warrent a start in the team. Kazim-Richards had a bad game, due to Rowett making sure he had no space/time on the ball being closely marked with sometimes 2 players on him. Roll on Tuesday when we have the likes of Lawrence back in the mix.

actually thought we looked worse when Rooney changed to a back 4 today

13 hours ago, DCFClks said:

I don't understand this either, Why not say the same about Waghorn who did nothing? The only reason I can think is that he thinks Sibley can do more but there's no point with Waghorn because he knows he can't do more anyway. I'd imagine that would just really annoy Sibley though considering he's hardly getting a chance and keeps getting subbed on in difficult circumstances. SET THE TEAM UP SO OUR ATTACKERS ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE TO DO WELL THEN WAYNE!

Maybe Rooney has washed his hands of Waghorn et al number of weeks ago and is only playing then under duress and considers them a lost cause.

You can't blame him for that especially with Waghorn given the outputs he's realised which have been absolutely pathetic.

Although Jozwiak isn't far behind him but gets cut a little more slack due to a variety of allegedly mitigating circumstances. 

A few observations after having watched the full 90

Millwall sat back and allowed us possession. Our passing game in those circumstances was much better but our three central defenders meant we were outnumbered  higher up the pitch. With that system, two centre backs end up as full backs, and the full backs end up as wingers. The problem is that Clarke isn’t a great full back and Fozzy isn’t a great winger.

the goal was millwall’s only attempt. Were we missing someone on the near post?

The second half was more of the same. I don’t personally see the logic of bringing roberts on on the right and moving Jozwiak to the left. From then on the wingers came infield and were ineffective as observed by Eric Steele. Watson was bright but Shinnie faded. Sibley was a bit unlucky with the shot that hit the bar but any criticism that he didn’t do enough seems strange as we were constantly going right with Roberts. In the end we just ran out of ideas and legs. 

evans and Pearce played well enough but I’m glad we haven’t got rowett. Millwall came for a draw and got a lucky win.

Archived