Derby v Millwall, Match Day Thread

ram59

How does joz and waggy continually get picked. CKR had a very poor game. Watson has to start and Lawrence will walk back into this team.

Switching off has cost us again. Millwall offered absolutely zero threat really. So frustrating because of that fact. Sad times

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Unfortunately Rooneys time is up. Problem is we haven’t got the money to get rid. Wilder would be absolutely IDEAL right now. He would have us so fired up. We don’t look bothered 

I’m been saying mick McCarthy for blinking ages 

but cos he’s not fashionable enough 

yet knows this level inside out and at this level is a cracking manager 

That’s a shocker of a result. There’s not many games left where we have a realistic chance of winning, but that was one of them. To take nothing from that game could well go some way to sealing our relegation, which seems almost inevitable the way we’re playing at the moment.

I mean, let’s be fair, we probably didn’t deserve to lose that game. We controlled it throughout and they scored probably their only chance. But that’s the problem, you can have all the possession and nice passing that you want, but if you don’t create anything, then you won’t win football matches. Especially if you can’t defend a basic set piece either.

But the biggest problem is we’re just not looking like scoring a goal any time soon. And that’s why we’re going down...

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know we havent got any points today and we didnt look like scoring but at the end of the day we are no closer to the bottom 4 points wise than before the game. I see it as 1 more game crossed off for teams to gain points on us.

SW, Cov and Rotherham didn’t play today, so we could be closer to relegation  when they do play

I'm not bothered what anyone says this pathetic garbage is heading for League 1. It hurts me to say that but it's the truth, I think Rooney is out of his depth as a manager. The whole state of the club that Mel Morris as put us in with not been interested no more and not been able to sell it to anyone proves that we will become like Sunderland. 

13 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Unfortunately Rooneys time is up. Problem is we haven’t got the money to get rid. Wilder would be absolutely IDEAL right now. He would have us so fired up. We don’t look bothered 

Wilder? And then if we get relegated then what? No way should a manager's life span be that short. The players aren't good enough. Under Cocu, same with Rooney. Shame about  Bielik, big loss but no to Wilder, no to changing manager. Let's change some of these players this summer. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

We were much worse after Rooney switched the formation and lost all our threat when he subbed off Jozwiak. CKR was very poor today, offered no movement whatsoever, it was so easy for Millwall to defend against him. Jozwiak the only player that offers any movement off the ball (and maybe Waghorn). I just don't understand why do we always play so slowly as well! 

Pity he doesn’t offer much on the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I don't think fozzy did a lot wrong today. He missed a couple of chances that were not clear cut, but still did better in the box than those who's job it actually is to score. 

He did OK to get in those positions in the first half but none of his headers troubled the keeper. What concerns me more is that he offers virtually no supply. Byrne put in plenty of decent crosses today but from the left we had a complete dearth. Fozzy has been a good servant to the club but sadly I think his best days are behind him. 

Wow,well we do you start after that performance,having gained a really good point in midweek i really thought this would be one of our chances to get three points and end fears of relegation,how wrong was i.

We are creating nothing from open play its another game were we could play all night and not score

Thankfully Birmingham are worse than us and i think games will catch up with Rotherham as the season will not be extended just for them,that about sums us up hoping other teams do us a favour

2 points from the last 15 with Brentford at home and Stoke away next up,worrying times

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s a shocker of a result. There’s not many games left where we have a realistic chance of winning, but that was one of them. To take nothing from that game could well go some way to sealing our relegation, which seems almost inevitable the way we’re playing at the moment.

I mean, let’s be fair, we probably didn’t deserve to lose that game. We controlled it throughout and they scored probably their only chance. But that’s the problem, you can have all the possession and nice passing that you want, but if you don’t create anything, then you won’t win football matches. Especially if you can’t defend a basic set piece either.

But the biggest problem is we’re just not looking like scoring a goal any time soon. And that’s why we’re going down...

Agree, we are on a downward slide and lacking any momentum Only getting the odd  draw here and there isn’t good enough to avoid the drop.

Even Wycombe won today

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

SW, Cov and Rotherham didn’t play today, so we could be closer to reservation when they do play

Even if Sheff W won tomorrow we still stay 4pts ahead of the bottom 4. Im not even looking at Rotherham & Cov, Birmingham are the team we need to stay above. They need to gain 5pts on us with 10 games left, which their next 4 look really difficult

Archived