Well good point tonight

Well that performance hard fighting team knew not back down to these lot they had to play a little bit direct football try turn them and get ball outside and got some joy joswick played well when a player next to him when he could give and go.

Shinnie was really unlucky not to score tonight but we was passing ball towards which helped opened Barnsley up at the back. 

But on the whole takes us 7 points of bottom three which gives us breathing space.

Kell roos was fanstic tonight caught every single ball and command his area but also got to give mangi a shout out was not overall impressed by him but I think he gave him some coaching.

Craig Forsyth a rock in defence but made some brilliant runs in the team.

Working on the basis we are 4 points clear of the bottom 3. Rotherham averaging a point a game so you'd fancy them to get at least 3 from 9. Possibly more. I reckon Brum may be the team we're pegging against and we're 4 ahead. Still too close for comfort.

47 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Working on the basis we are 4 points clear of the bottom 3. Rotherham averaging a point a game so you'd fancy them to get at least 3 from 9. Possibly more. I reckon Brum may be the team we're pegging against and we're 4 ahead. Still too close for comfort.

Its not all about what we get in points from now till the end of the season. Its about the other teams as well. Wycombe are doomed, Sheff Wed have lost their last 5 games and Rotherham have only won one of their last five games, losing the other 4. Birmingham are 4 points behind us, Coventry and Huddersfield just the one point behind, Forest just one point above us have Reading, Norwich, Brentford and Cardiff to play in their next 4 games. Currently 4 teams below us would all have to pick up more points than us in the remaining games. I feel thats a tall order for all 4 teams to climb above us with 11 games to go. Before any one quotes Rotherham have 3 games in hand over us, yes but to go above us they would have to win 2 and draw the other (on their current form its not going to happen). We've  had 11 clean sheets so far this season compared to Rotherham 6 (2 of them against us).

20 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think mostly better against teams who are above us. And coped against a team who plays different type of football and a team would have lost against a few months ago.

I think you're right @B4ev6is. A good fighting performance against an in form team in very difficult conditions.

I just hope we build on it and when it's not blowing a gale on a pitch that's cutting up, we try and play a bit more football.

Yep, a very good and well earned point against one of the divisions in form sides. Would have snapped your hand off for that before kickoff. Obviously an absolutely atrocious match of football, which would have made terrible viewing if any neutrals were watching, but as a Derby fan I couldn’t really give a damn so long as we get the points on the board to keep us in the Championship. 

When you show the level of fight, desire and energy that we did last night, you always give yourselves a chance at a decent result. That’s been lacking the previous couple of games, and really should be the minimum expectation every match. We know we lack any sort of quality within the side, which obviously needs addressing, but in the meantime we need to focus on getting the basics right and putting 100% in every game. It’s our only chance at survival.

20 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Its not all about what we get in points from now till the end of the season. Its about the other teams as well. Wycombe are doomed, Sheff Wed have lost their last 5 games and Rotherham have only won one of their last five games, losing the other 4. Birmingham are 4 points behind us, Coventry and Huddersfield just the one point behind, Forest just one point above us have Reading, Norwich, Brentford and Cardiff to play in their next 4 games. Currently 4 teams below us would all have to pick up more points than us in the remaining games. I feel thats a tall order for all 4 teams to climb above us with 11 games to go. Before any one quotes Rotherham have 3 games in hand over us, yes but to go above us they would have to win 2 and draw the other (on their current form its not going to happen). We've  had 11 clean sheets so far this season compared to Rotherham 6 (2 of them against us).

TBH not even looking at Wycombe or Wednesday. Form less of a comfort for me in a relegation scrap, particularly when a 4 point gap can be cut to a 1 point gap in 90 minutes worth of current form. FWIW I think we will survive, partly because as you say, we are only need 1 team in and around us to go on more of a stinker than we'd be on to be alright. We're right at that juncture where a win and we wonder what the fuss is about, a loss and we again begin to wonder what league we're in next year.