Champions League Reforms and The Super League

Van der MoodHoover

Greedy bar stewards the lot of them. 

As for red Nev, i got a few issues, a) he's united b) with his rich mates he's blown every team in non league and L2 out of the water c)Employed by Sky who got a lot to loose unless they can get the rights for European football and at that point watch them change their tune d) he really is United

The only soul left in football is grassroots, the rest is rotten to the core sadly.

Football is truly gone if this goes through. I don’t think it will.

Players banned from their countries, playing only twenty games a season, they won’t want it.

The diluted effect on what the rest of it would look like is vital though.

PSG and German teams not joining from the beginning is a vital ingredient in trying to push it away.

If enough people are prepared to pay to watch this circus then it will happen.

The advertising campaign for people to sign up will be phenomenal, millions and millions will be spent on huge, glossy, advertising with famous players and managers fronting it.

I don't care personally because I will not be subscribing to it, unfortunately, millions of others will.

Will enough Man United, Man City or Liverpool fans rebel? I would love to think so but seeing how we have given in to the greed is good brigade in all other aspects of our lives I'm not holding my breath.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The advertising campaign for people to sign up will be phenomenal, millions and millions will be spent on huge, glossy, advertising with famous players and managers fronting it.

I don't care personally because I will not be subscribing to it, unfortunately, millions of others will.

Will enough Man United, Man City or Liverpool fans rebel? I would love to think so but seeing how we have given in to the greed is good brigade in all other aspects of our lives I'm not holding my breath.

It may be cool to begin with but after time, it’ll lose its appeal.

I actually think the FA, UEFA and FIFA hold more power than you think.

Banning players from world cups and so on will be significant.

Kicking these teams out before the PL starts as well would be huge.

Basically, time to call their bluff and follow it through.

Do the players of these 6 disgraceful and morally bankrupt clubs have their contracts registered with the said ?? clubs because both players and their employers are currently affiliated to UEFA, FIFA, FA etc?
If so does this mean due to the actions of these elitist mugs are the clubs in question no longer affiliated to the aforementioned organisations and in turn the contracts players currently have with their current employers are now defunct?
Therefore when they all decide to move to implement this mutiny, can players terminate their contracts?

If they wish to represent their Countries of birth and compete in the FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championships and The Premier League, Champions League FA Cup etc etc there must be grounds to allow players to walk away from these clubs and contracts as they are no longer affiliated to the world governing bodies etc. 

11 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Do the players of these 6 disgraceful and morally bankrupt clubs have their contracts registered with the said ?? clubs because both players and their employers are currently affiliated to UEFA, FIFA, FA etc?
If so does this mean due to the actions of these elitist mugs are the clubs in question no longer affiliated to the aforementioned organisations and in turn the contracts players currently have with their current employers are now defunct?
Therefore when they all decide to move to implement this mutiny, can players terminate their contracts?

If they wish to represent their Countries of birth and compete in the FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championships and The Premier League, Champions League FA Cup etc etc there must be grounds to allow players to walk away from these clubs and contracts as they are no longer affiliated to the world governing bodies etc. 

Reading the Arsenal statement, it's being billed as a midweek competition. 

So basically, no FA Cup, League Cup or Champions League. 

But they still intend on playing in the Premier League. 

I think if that's the case, the neutrals will turn off. We only watch the knock-out stages. Who wants to watch Tottenham vs Inter Milan for the battle of 9th place? 

Massive mistake all round. 

Edited by Norman

13 minutes ago, Norman said:

Reading the Arsenal statement, it's being billed as a midweek competition. 

So basically, no FA Cup, League Cup or Champions League. 

But they must still intend on playing in the Premier League. 

I think if that's the case, the neutrals will turn off. We only watch the knock-out stages. Who wants to watch Tottenham vs Inter Milan for the battle of 11th place? 

Massive mistake all round. 

Just read that the group stage will be 2 groups of 6, playing home and away, with the top 3 going to quarter finals and the 4th and 5th teams playing off for the remaining 2 QF places.

Have the morons organising this got any idea of how to organise a tournament that anyone will watch?

It's game week 9 and Real arrive in Liverpool for this huge game. Real currently sit 7 points ahead of 4th placed Inter, so are already through. Lpool are rock bottom, but could still make it to the 5th place play off, as long as Barc lose tonight vs Arsenal. Which could well happen as Arsenal are also already through and are playing their reserve team, as they have that crucial Premier League relegation 6 pointer game on Saturday vs a resurgent Brentford. Thank goodness they can't get relegated from this league Clive!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/18/five-english-clubs-sign-up-to-european-super-league-report-says

All the Spanish clubs involvement in a European Super League would be presumably depend on the membership approving it, as those clubs are owned by the fans/members and are not privately owned.  If the fans of those clubs were against joining the league then that could damage the entire lamentable project. 

43 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yep, people act like victims but don't realise they've been driving this poo for years. 

You don't HAVE to pay that ticket price.

You don't HAVE to pay Sky. 

If you do then you are supporting it. I don't think it hurts them that you sit moaning about it while the direct debit goes through. 

The idea the 'founding members' (many of whom aren't even that good) can't be relegated is absolutely nonsensical and utterly antithetical to the principles of competitive football. Almost as awful are the new regulations for the champions league giving a firewall to 'historic' clubs which is essentially a watered down version of this. If clubs aren't good enough to reach a competition then that's tough luck, that's what drives clubs to do better, to innovate and allow for less traditional clubs to kick on and become big over time. Liverpool, Man Utd. etc. were not always historically successful or big hitters they've developed that tradition over time. 

This idea needs to be shut down quickly before it can begin to sanitise itself. There will I think be a massive backlash from the actual fans of those clubs, I could see boycotts, refusal to buy tickets and protests post covid. I imagine the owners are going to be completely reliant upon non-domestic audiences to make this work which is an issue if your actual home grown fan base now loathes you.

It's clear the ruling authorities need to hit these clubs with massive fines, points deductions, any future involvement in this or other schemes sees the club dissolved and  a ban on playing internationally for players if they take part in this nightmare. That should also just be for starters. If I were them I'd also be looking to retroactively bring in ownership and stronger ffp rules and see if the owners can be forced out or put through such turmoil they simply give in and sell up. Alongside this, create a new salary cap structure and financial limitations updated every 5 years to limit teams financial muscle that will be introduced by 2030.