Champions League Reforms and The Super League

Van der MoodHoover

what is going to happen in 5 years time when Barca and United get bored of beating Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal every week, are they going to form a new "European Mega League" with just the top 6 teams from across Europe..? and then in a few more years they will get bored of that and form a new "European Crazy Amazing League" where just Man United play Barca every week forever and ever..?

Are clapped out 'Big Six' footballers going to be eligible to apply cap in hand to mere mortal clubs to play for them in their declining years?

Will these rejects also be considered for their national team again?

This oligopolism (!) spells the death of everything that has made football at all levels such a surreal experience for so many.

Think, for instance, of the legendary triple career of Dave Mackay, not to mention his international and philatelic exploits.

Roy of the Rovers would die of the boredom engendered by Melchester Rovers swimming in ever decreasing circles before disppearing up their own vortex!

The beautiful game is set to become an incestuous quagmire.

NB.... should anyone be in any doubt, I think this is the worst thing ever to happen in the history of football and makes the bribery scandals of the early 60s seem like swiping a lollipop out of Woolworth's!

Edited by Brammie Steve

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/12279732/european-super-league-plans-live-updates

19:20

Sky Sports News' Kaveh Solhekol:

"Chelsea withdrawing from Super League because of overwhelming negative global reaction. They only decided to join at last minute. Not one of the ringleaders. English clubs who wanted it most - Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal. 

"Two other clubs holding internal talks about quitting. Chelsea leaving makes it much more likely that they will leave as well."

19:24

MAN CITY TO WITHDRAW FROM SUPER LEAGUE

Manchester City have told organisers that they do not wish to be part of the Super League.

Going well so far ? 

Reminds me of the time i had a tantrum and got bollocked by my dad, stormed upstairs, packed my massive Head holdall, walked downstairs and declared i was running away. I got to the top of Stockbrook Street (100yds), and thought the bag was heavy. 

my dad made me knock on the door embarrassed for about ten minutes before answering.