Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

We've been pretty shocking ever since the Wycombe game so the signs have been coming for a while that we were hitting a bad patch of form and WR's tactical and personnel decisions have been getting weirder and more disjointed with each game. This is where the difference is between a rookie manager who literally hasn't finished his managerial training and bringing in a manager who has years of experience at this level and I have no confidence in him turning this around quite frankly. Why anyone thought this was a good idea is beyond me, quite frankly it smacked of arrogance and stupidity thinking we could pick a complete rookie to manage us during the most difficult season in a decade. 

 I don't think Wednesday are definitely dead and buried yet as they are a victim of a 6 point deduction and Moore has a good record at West Brom and Doncaster so I'd expect them to improve a little. If you look at our fixtures they are nasty and I cannot see us getting much out of them quite honestly. Maybe draws against stoke, preston, Millwall and blackburn and maybe wins against luton and wednesday giving us 48 points if I am being optimistic.  I think the Birmingham game will be the big one, if we don't win that it'll be time to pack our bags and get ready for 3rd division football. 

Yes, we didn't play well v Wycombe. Including that game our last 6 games have given us 7 points (2 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses).

We've 12 games left. Same form gives us 14 points. 52 points in total. Job done. We'll be sound.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Yes, we didn't play well v Wycombe. Including that game our last 6 games have given us 7 points (2 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses).

We've 12 games left. Same form gives us 14 points. 52 points in total. Job done. We'll be sound.

If you actually look at our fixtures I'm struggling to be as optimistic as you in terms of points collected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If you actually look at our fixtures I'm struggling to be as optimistic as you in terms of points collected.

I know what you mean. On paper it's looks pretty grim. But everyone is beating everyone.

And glancing back at our December fixtures it's pretty much a repeat of the same fixtures we have got coming up. We'll be alright.

results.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Very brave comments. Wycombe are probably just about dead considering the quality of their squad, but there’s still a long way to go. Wednesday certainly aren’t down yet, let’s not forget they’ve been better than their points tally shows because of the 6 point deduction. I’m sure they’ll get a new manager bounce soon too. 

Talking about winning our game in hand is pure fantasy, there’s more chance of Sheikh Khaled completing his takeover than there is of us beating Barnsley on Wednesday. It’s going to be a fight to the bitter end if we’re going to survive, believe me - we’re not good enough without Bielik to pull to safety. We just have to hope there’s 3 teams worse than us, but the way we’re playing right now, I don’t think there are.

Wednesday aren't a whole lot better than their points tally. They'd still be in the bottom 3. They're a poor poor side. You say they'll get a new manager bounce soon but that simply doesn't exist and definitely not in this case. When a new manager comes in, its usually because the team have been playing bad and the previous manager has been sacked. The 'new manager bounce' is simply the team reverting to type. In Wednesday's case, this is the 4th manager this season and none of them have been able to get anything out of the players. That tells you that they simply aren't good enough. If you think we're bad, then watch them. I'll be amazed if they survive now. 

To be honest, I find some of the comments on here extremely reactionary yet again. When we lost our second game in a row at home to Rotherham in January, the same thing happened. I was told that I was 'a deluded fool' for still believing we'd stay up. It was only a few games ago that everyone was praising the players for their fight and character in these games. We've had a couple of really poor performances and all of sudden we're going down again. Yes it isn't good enough but this is the situation we're in. We've just got to get back to what we were doing before, getting the ball forward to CKR quickly and building from there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Wednesday aren't a whole lot better than their points tally. They'd still be in the bottom 3. They're a poor poor side. You say they'll get a new manager bounce soon but that simply doesn't exist and definitely not in this case. When a new manager comes in, its usually because the team have been playing bad and the previous manager has been sacked. The 'new manager bounce' is simply the team reverting to type. In Wednesday's case, this is the 4th manager this season and none of them have been able to get anything out of the players. That tells you that they simply aren't good enough. If you think we're bad, then watch them. I'll be amazed if they survive now. 

To be honest, I find some of the comments on here extremely reactionary yet again. When we lost our second game in a row at home to Rotherham in January, the same thing happened. I was told that I was 'a deluded fool' for still believing we'd stay up. It was only a few games ago that everyone was praising the players for their fight and character in these games. We've had a couple of really poor performances and all of sudden we're going down again. Yes it isn't good enough but this is the situation we're in. We've just got to get back to what we were doing before, getting the ball forward to CKR quickly and building from there.

Bang on. A couple of bad defeats and performance use whatever stat suits to make the point that we’re doomed! 12 games to go and we may as well not bother.

21 games since Rooney took charge, average 1.52 points per game Good performances, bad performances, drubbings, unlucky defeats all in there. It’s the most balanced way to look at it. But that doesn’t fit the narrative for some. 
 

6 points from the first 13 games meant it was always likely we would be in a scrap. We’ve done well to get into this position where we remain 6 points clear of the drop. There will be twists and turns but we should be ok. It certainly isn’t doom and gloom panic stations yet, although this has been a very bad week - no question.

Edited by BramcoteRam84
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bang on. A couple of bad defeats and performance use whatever stat suits to make the point that we’re doomed! 12 games to go and we may as well not bother.

21 games since Rooney took charge, average 1.52 points per game Good performances, bad performances, drubbings, unlucky defeats all in there. It’s the most balanced way to look at it. But that doesn’t fit the narrative for some. 
 

6 points from the first 13 games meant it was always likely we would be in a scrap. We’ve done well to get into this position where we remain 6 points clear of the drop. There will be twists and turns but we should be ok. It certainly isn’t doom and gloom panic stations yet, although this has been a very bad week - no question.

 It isn't the last 2 defeats as such of late that has caused concern, I would say we have only turned up properly once since Middlesbrough and before that was the shambles of Rotherham.

It is all a very poor watch and at the critical point of the season, we have decided to put in our worst performances of the season.

I still don't think we will go down, it just raises concerns long term.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Wednesday aren't a whole lot better than their points tally. They'd still be in the bottom 3. They're a poor poor side. You say they'll get a new manager bounce soon but that simply doesn't exist and definitely not in this case. When a new manager comes in, its usually because the team have been playing bad and the previous manager has been sacked. The 'new manager bounce' is simply the team reverting to type. In Wednesday's case, this is the 4th manager this season and none of them have been able to get anything out of the players. That tells you that they simply aren't good enough. If you think we're bad, then watch them. I'll be amazed if they survive now. 

To be honest, I find some of the comments on here extremely reactionary yet again. When we lost our second game in a row at home to Rotherham in January, the same thing happened. I was told that I was 'a deluded fool' for still believing we'd stay up. It was only a few games ago that everyone was praising the players for their fight and character in these games. We've had a couple of really poor performances and all of sudden we're going down again. Yes it isn't good enough but this is the situation we're in. We've just got to get back to what we were doing before, getting the ball forward to CKR quickly and building from there.

Not a whole lot better no, but still pretty similar to most teams around them, including us. You’d be foolish to write them off just yet. The new manager bounce certainly does exist, we’ve seen it so many times before - I’d even argue our previous upturn in results was down to exactly that with Rooney taking charge, and we’re now reverting to type.

I’m certainly not being reactionary by the way. I’ve thought since early season that we were going down this year, and nothing has changed my mind yet, even that run of good form we had previously. We just don’t score enough goals, it’s as simple as that. Anyone who thinks we’re safe is a fool imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Touch and go if we stay up or not - I dont think we can rely on ourselves to get enough points to stay up, so I think it all hinges on other clubs failures.  I hope we'll be safe, but I cant see us getting any better next season with out significant investment and/or new owners. 😥

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not a whole lot better no, but still pretty similar to most teams around them, including us. You’d be foolish to write them off just yet.

You won't write them off yet you write us off? Strange.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

And glancing back at our December fixtures it's pretty much a repeat of the same fixtures we have got coming up. We'll be alright.

 

You're missing a massive factor in all this. We had Bielik for those games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

You're missing a massive factor in all this. We had Bielik for those games.

Well aware of it but the stats say otherwise.

Since Bielik got injured only 30mins into beating Bristol and including that game we've:

Played 9, Won 4, Drew 1, Lost 4 and got 13 points.

Same form for the rest of the season puts us finishing on 55 points. More than enough.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

When we lost our second game in a row at home to Rotherham in January, the same thing happened. I was told that I was 'a deluded fool' for still believing we'd stay up. It was only a few games ago that everyone was praising the players for their fight and character in these games. We've had a couple of really poor performances and all of sudden we're going down again. Yes it isn't good enough but this is the situation we're in. We've just got to get back to what we were doing before, getting the ball forward to CKR quickly and building from there.

I don't remember making that comment now but hey the memory isn't what it used to be 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Well aware of it but the stats say otherwise.

Since Bielik got injured only 30mins into beating Bristol and including that game we've:

Played 9, Won 4, Drew 1, Lost 4 and got 13 points.

Same form for the rest of the season puts us finishing on 55 points. More than enough.

Yes but if you look into it a bit more...

We have 1.62 ppg with Bielik on the pitch, 74.52 points, which gets you on average around 6th or 7th place. In the 13 games he's started this season, we've conceded 5 goals. Also looking at how we've actually played in the games he's missed, have we even played well? Rotherham we played shockingly bad, Boro we played okay, Wycombe we were awful and got an undeserved last minute winner, rubbish vs Watford, Hudds we played okay (I think it was more Hudds being incredibly poor), Forest poor, Cardiff atrocious and Cov rubbish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Yes but if you look into it a bit more...

We have 1.62 ppg with Bielik on the pitch, 74.52 points, which gets you on average around 6th or 7th place. In the 13 games he's started this season, we've conceded 5 goals. Also looking at how we've actually played in the games he's missed, have we even played well? Rotherham we played shockingly bad, Boro we played okay, Wycombe we were awful and got an undeserved last minute winner, rubbish vs Watford, Hudds we played okay (I think it was more Hudds being incredibly poor), Forest poor, Cardiff atrocious and Cov rubbish. 

Either way, in or out, we'll stay up this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

You won't write them off yet you write us off? Strange.

Where have I written us off? I said I think we will go down. It’s by no means a certainty, we can still stay up if we get our act together, but it won’t be easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.