Creative midfielder

Curtains

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Knight and Shinnie are runners. There's no point in having both.

I've not made any secret of my feelings towards Shinnie's ability, so he's the one I'd drop. Bird is a better passer than Shinnie. Knight is a better runner.

Shinnie is there primarily to win the ball back and he's better at that than either Bird or Knight

52 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Liked the look of Watson in the U23’s, he’s something we don’t have in the first team squad, that “creative midfielder”, I was glad he got a decent chunk of time last night, hopefully he gets plenty more.

he played very well when he came on as well, hopefully he gets a chance on Saturday.

49 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Shinnie is there primarily to win the ball back and he's better at that than either Bird or Knight

27 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You're right but that's all he does. 'Primarily' is fine but for him it's 'only'. It's not enough. It's the bare minimum. 

Shinnie does more than just win the ball back.

v Cardiff he made several runs into the box and looked like our most likely goal scorer.

He is also a great leader on the pitch, if you listen carefully he is always helping Buchanan, talking to him through the game.  

Also has a very good set piece delivery which has led to several goals this season. 

It was only a few weeks ago he was MoM most games, how quickly people can turn on him is shocking.

I really could not believe the lack of movement and sideways and back passes Cocu style last night. 2-0 down  we have a corner, its headed out and a Derby player has it 10 feet outside the box, it can be chipped back into the mix. What happens, a pass back to the half way line, then another pass back to the keeper! Pressure lost, Cardiff move up quickly, I think the third goal came not long after this.

These constant sideways passes across the back four has to stop! Movement, quick passes involving the midfield and urgency please!

Worst Derby performance of the season in my view. Dire!

Christ, the lad has only made a few sub appearances, there’s no way we can tell if he’s any good yet. Obviously we’re missing Bielik massively, but he’s probably the best player I’ve ever seen at this level. He’s irreplaceable. Let’s not put pressure on a 19 year old, in his first season at senior level, to fill the void left by him. It’s an impossible task.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ, the lad has only made a few sub appearances, there’s no way we can tell if he’s any good yet. Obviously we’re missing Bielik massively, but he’s probably the best player I’ve ever seen at this level. He’s irreplaceable. Let’s not put pressure on a 19 year old, in his first season at senior level, to fill the void left by him. It’s an impossible task.

You think we are no good anyway don’t you 

Quite pathetic really that given all the money we've spunked up the wall on players to read the recurring threads on next season a striker, attacking midfielder, winger, central defender yada yada are the priorities for the team. 

Law of diminishing returns proven? Or is it more akin to some perpetual motion machine where we spend money just to qualify to get back to square 1 again, rinse and repeat.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

We are in 18th place, of course we’re not very good. Just have to hope we’re better than at least three other teams! Would almost feel bad throwing a young lad in at this stage.

He’s quality mate 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I hope you’re right, but I’d find it very difficult to judge on about 25 minutes of senior football.

I’ve watched him in U23s and he is the best of the bunch. 

It’s not a risk IMO 

We don’t have many creative options 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I’ve watched him in U23s and he is the best of the bunch. 

It’s not a risk IMO 

We don’t have many creative options 

Agree he’s worth giving a game to on Saturday FWIW. No one else deserves the space in the team based on the last couple of games. Hopefully he impresses, but let’s not put too much pressure on the lad at his age.

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I've not made any secret of my feelings towards Shinnie's ability, so he's the one I'd drop. Bird is a better passer than Shinnie. Knight is a better runner.

I think the two runners are required but we need a CDM who can take the ball on a half turn and pass forwards. Bird always receives the ball square and passes backwards or sideways. Bielik was the key unfortunately, he could pass forwards and turn people and runners like Knight and Shinnie worked. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Agree he’s worth giving a game to on Saturday FWIW. No one else deserves the space in the team based on the last couple of games. Hopefully he impresses, but let’s not put too much pressure on the lad at his age.

Definitely not .

The first half performance against Cardiff wasn’t very inspiring.

We have a problem with inconsistency .

Hope the team performance against Coventry is better .

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Shinnie is the better tackler and will shoot on target when the chance comes. They all have strengths, but you can't play all 3 at the same time.

Archived