eccles the ram

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

sorry I am also not a English genius, i meant to wrote, that since records began in 1889 we have only ever once had our highest gate of the season be over 40,000... so that means in 130 years we have had over 40,000 6 times in total... say with an average of 30 home games a season that would mean an average of 0.15% of our games have been over 40,000...is that right? Whatever it is miniscule and shows why we never need to extend the ground.

The following season they had over 40,000 against wolves in the FA cup and shortly after that the capacity was reduced and then over the next few years capacity was reduced even more when they put more seats in.I think from memory the capacity was down to about 18,000 by the time the ground closed

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, eccles the ram said:

20th September 1969 5 - 0 Against Spurs. Derby's record home attendance. I was there and then saw it on ATV on Sunday with Hugh Johns commentating. What memories! Anyone else there? 

Remembering THE GREAT DAVE MACKAY who sadly passed away 6 years today! Legend!

10 hours ago, Maxwell Baxter said:

This is really spooky, but if you take 41826 and subtract it by the capacity of Pride Park (33597) you get 8229 which must mean that the takeover will be completed on the 8th of February 2029. Unless the Americans buy us then it will be August the 2nd 2029. 

Even more spooky, That figure of 8229 is almost the exact number of fans at the Baseball Ground when only hooligans turned up for a night match v Chelsea in 1983. 

On 02/03/2021 at 11:55, eccles the ram said:

20th September 1969 5 - 0 Against Spurs. Derby's record home attendance. I was there and then saw it on ATV on Sunday with Hugh Johns commentating. What memories! Anyone else there? 

Had to go to a cousins wedding. I’ve never forgiven her.

Archived