NFL 2021 Season

David

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Nice little OT win for my newly adopted Bengals against some outfit whose name escapes me.... 

Given the preseason results and gameday 1 I'm going to stick my neck out and predict we won't win many and those wins won't be by many points ?

?

17 penalties from us, I've literally never seen any team have that many, we were horrendous 1st half. Played well from 21-7 down, and it was never a fumble by Cook in Over Time, so we should have been kicking a field goal for the win. Can't expect to play like we did 1st half and get away with it though.

Bengals offense of Burrow/Mixon/Chase/Higgins/Boyd could be really good, just needs a good o line to go with it....we need one of those as well.

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

?

17 penalties from us, I've literally never seen any team have that many, we were horrendous 1st half. Played well from 21-7 down, and it was never a fumble by Cook in Over Time, so we should have been kicking a field goal for the win. Can't expect to play like we did 1st half and get away with it though.

Bengals offense of Burrow/Mixon/Chase/Higgins/Boyd could be really good, just needs a good o line to go with it....we need one of those as well.

Indeed, both o lines gave up lots of sacks. 

Happy enough with burrow given he's still feeling his way back from serious injury. 

Looked like a game between 2 not in contention sides to me. 

And yes, the final interception was not clear to say the least. 

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Indeed, both o lines gave up lots of sacks. 

Happy enough with burrow given he's still feeling his way back from serious injury. 

Looked like a game between 2 not in contention sides to me. 

And yes, the final interception was not clear to say the least. 

If we’re not in contention this season, everyone’s getting fired....so it was a good start ?

20 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

?

17 penalties from us, I've literally never seen any team have that many

It is a lot and I wasn't sure if I could remember more so I looked up what the most ever is by one team.

It's actually 23 and stunningly the Raiders took that record in 2016 and gave up 200 yards. The Packers, Bears and 9ers have all had 22.

But the Titans record is pretty special.

They gave up 212 yards in one game back in 1999 against the Ravens. That's half a season of rushing for Detroit. 

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

It is a lot and I wasn't sure if I could remember more so I looked up what the most ever is by one team.

It's actually 23 and stunningly the Raiders took that record in 2016 and gave up 200 yards. The Packers, Bears and 9ers have all had 22.

But the Titans record is pretty special.

They gave up 212 yards in one game back in 1999 against the Ravens. That's half a season of rushing for Detroit. 

Think we was on 15 at half time, thankfully we sorted things out 2nd half and avoided getting in that 20 club ? 

Solid enough start from my Niners, albeit slacking off in the 4th.  Not convinced swapping between Jimmy G & Lance is going to work though.  Whiffs of Shannahan trying to be the Pep of the NFL.

Anyone noticed something weird when teams score a TD?  A steadycam shot will show a close up of the players celebrating but the crowd or in soft focus.  Makes it look like a Madden cut scene, looks wrong...

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Anyone noticed something weird when teams score a TD?  A steadycam shot will show a close up of the players celebrating but the crowd or in soft focus.  Makes it look like a Madden cut scene, looks wrong...

Think it's the continuation of 8k camera End Zone shots they started last season. Bit of a wow moment when they first started it but haven't noticed it so far this year. 

On 16/09/2021 at 16:15, Van der MoodHoover said:

He seems to be bigger (and slower) than a lot of linemen.... 

He's the only NFL player that would come last in the egg and spoon race at parents sports day, but he's our loser so we have to defend him!

Look at @Mr Tibbswith Dak, he knows the Cowboys would be better off with someone like Trubisky or Cousins but he will defend Dak like he's his son.

5 minutes ago, David said:

He's the only NFL player that would come last in the egg and spoon race at parents sports day, but he's our loser so we have to defend him!

Look at @Mr Tibbswith Dak, he knows the Cowboys would be better off with someone like Trubisky or Cousins but he will defend Dak like he's his son.

All this love for big Ben..... The loser.... 

Any left over for JuJu? No? ?

51 minutes ago, David said:

Well, obviously. I'd do a trade if they threw in a couple of first rounders though.