Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 04/05/2021 at 18:24, jimbo jones said:

The Aaron Rodgers wheel of fortune.

He obviously needs a year somewhere poo like Houston, before coming to Minnesota and leading us to within a whisper of the Super Bowl, only for it to end in crushing defeat.

A1A17DD2-DD6C-4D5A-B2EB-6745CFFC8C2F.jpeg

Not sure why we are on here now we have Stafford? Sure we can’t afford to pay Stafford, Goff AND Rodgers? I’d have him though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Not sure why we are on here now we have Stafford? Sure we can’t afford to pay Stafford, Goff AND Rodgers? I’d have him though!

Also think there's zero chance Green Bay trades him to anyone in the NFC, so yeah an odd team to include all round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Also think there's zero chance Green Bay trades him to anyone in the NFC, so yeah an odd team to include all round.

I think there’s zero chance Green Bay grade him at all. I get why he’s pissed though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that whilst it’s really entertaining as a fan, it must be mentally brutal on players who don’t get picked.

I can’t imagine what it must feel like to be projected as a pick in the top three rounds, such as Wilson or Moses, only to end up being undrafted.

I’d imagine Fields, who was generally built up as the second best QB a couple of months ago and probably wouldn’t get past the top 5, but dropped to 11th, will end up with a chip on his shoulder as a result.

Listening to Jalen Mayfield for the Falcons going on about how pissed off he was at dropping to 68, as he was better than people being picked above him, didn’t come across well...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I have to say that whilst it’s really entertaining as a fan, it must be mentally brutal on players who don’t get picked.

I can’t imagine what it must feel like to be projected as a pick in the top three rounds, such as Wilson or Moses, only to end up being undrafted.

I’d imagine Fields, who was generally built up as the second best QB a couple of months ago and probably wouldn’t get past the top 5, but dropped to 11th, will end up with a chip on his shoulder as a result.

Listening to Jalen Mayfield for the Falcons going on about how pissed off he was at dropping to 68, as he was better than people being picked above him, didn’t come across well...

Players who drop in the draft do seem to get an extra edge, see Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Moses and Wilson we're the most notable surprises to go undrafted. There were a few other as well like Olaijah Griffin, Cade Johnson and Ar’Darius Washington. I was hoping we’d take Washington in the 4th round, and he still doesn't have a team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not mentioned it before as I'm really bad at self-promotion, but I got myself a “job” as a writer for a football website. As it's the hot topic of the moment, last night an article on the Aaron Rodgers saga.

Would appreciate anyone who takes the time to check it out 👍

https://franchisetagged.com/where-can-aaron-rodgers-win-another-super-bowl/

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I've not mentioned it before as I'm really bad at self-promotion, but I got myself a “job” as a writer for a football website. As it's the hot topic of the moment, last night an article on the Aaron Rodgers saga.

Would appreciate anyone who takes the time to check it out 👍

https://franchisetagged.com/where-can-aaron-rodgers-win-another-super-bowl/

Good stuff mate. Congratulations on the new gig, hope it bears some fruit for you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2021 at 20:35, jimbo jones said:

I've not mentioned it before as I'm really bad at self-promotion, but I got myself a “job” as a writer for a football website. As it's the hot topic of the moment, last night an article on the Aaron Rodgers saga.

Would appreciate anyone who takes the time to check it out 👍

https://franchisetagged.com/where-can-aaron-rodgers-win-another-super-bowl/

Enjoyed it... Nice read. Just a nitpick typo - you have a "sage" in a sentence which I think is meant to be "saga". 

At least that's what it looked like from the context. 

But the content was very good..nice balance of depth and detail for readers like me with a bit, but not huge amount, of knowledge. 

Keep going bud. 👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Enjoyed it... Nice read. Just a nitpick typo - you have a "sage" in a sentence which I think is meant to be "saga". 

At least that's what it looked like from the context. 

But the content was very good..nice balance of depth and detail for readers like me with a bit, but not huge amount, of knowledge. 

Keep going bud. 👏

Cheers mate, bloody sage 🤦‍♂️ fixed it, thanks for pointing it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 1 games are out. Browns/Chiefs looks the best game on paper.

Nice trip to Cincinnati first up for us, as long as we win. I’ve seen a leaked version of our full schedule, which officially gets released tonight. Was a reminder how brutal our schedule is this year, with the 2 divisions we play being the AFC north and the NFC West 😬

5F5E847E-639D-4812-ABDD-9516DE11D5D7.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Week 1 games are out. Browns/Chiefs looks the best game on paper.

Nice trip to Cincinnati first up for us, as long as we win. I’ve seen a leaked version of our full schedule, which officially gets released tonight. Was a reminder how brutal our schedule is this year, with the 2 divisions we play being the AFC north and the NFC West 😬

5F5E847E-639D-4812-ABDD-9516DE11D5D7.jpeg

Oooh a nice spicy bit of early season rivalry Jimbo.

Better watch out - even though we didn't draft that Penis guy (as had been forecast) in round 1, we've got some useful sounding additions.

And new uniforms - including numbers with sharp design edges to mimic the effect of a Bengals claw.....

Meeowww 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oooh a nice spicy bit of early season rivalry Jimbo.

Better watch out - even though we didn't draft that Penis guy (as had been forecast) in round 1, we've got some useful sounding additions.

And new uniforms - including numbers with sharp design edges to mimic the effect of a Bengals claw.....

Meeowww 🤣

Ooh la la 😆

a game the Vikings would always expect to win, but the way some of our fans are going about saying it’s a certain 1-0 start, makes me uneasy 😬 bound to go wrong 😆

Bengals offense looks dangerous, if the O line can give Burrow the time to make throws.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Ooh la la 😆

a game the Vikings would always expect to win, but the way some of our fans are going about saying it’s a certain 1-0 start, makes me uneasy 😬 bound to go wrong 😆

Bengals offense looks dangerous, if the O line can give Burrow the time to make throws.

It'll be his first game back. In fact, the club say little more than "he's on track" so I wouldn't at this stage be 100% on burrow. 

I suspect too many changes to gel early season and we were spectacularly bad last season so you'll be favourites at this stage...but season is a little way off 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It'll be his first game back. In fact, the club say little more than "he's on track" so I wouldn't at this stage be 100% on burrow. 

I suspect too many changes to gel early season and we were spectacularly bad last season so you'll be favourites at this stage...but season is a little way off 🤣

Brandon Allen at QB sounds good to me 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few tasty games.

Dak return against the Buccs, see if he’s even worse than before.

Steelers Bills, for obvious reasons.

Packers Saints, will Rodgers be there and should hopefully be the season of the decline for Saints. 

Jets Panthers, Darnold facing his old team in week 1, ooof.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.