Best Songs in Alphabetical Order, with Minefield Rules (Last of the Best Song Threads)

sage

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

40 minutes ago, sage said:

it is 'M' now

Think I need a re-cap!  

H= History of Lovers  -  All good!

I= In The City  -  Still looking good!

J= Less Than Jake?  Really?

K= Kings of Leon - In the wrong order - Disqualified

@Bwash_Ram - Making up own rules - Disqualified!

So, are we accepting Less than Jake for J?  K was disqualified. L has disappeared off the face of the Earth!

So yeah, I guess M was next!  ? 

We've since had M & N, so "to keep things tidy" (He says with raised eyebrows!)...

Oh Boy!

Just now, Monty said:

When we move in to songs containing subjunctive clauses someone please let me know but for now 

Porcelain gods - Paul weller

Oh dear Monty...suspended till A, a P followed by another a minute later is a problem at your age i guess.

Just now, sage said:

Oh dear Monty...suspended till A, a P followed by another a minute later is a problem at your age i guess.

Blimey a bit quick there I edited it within seconds a good song as well 

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

That's not the order they were posted in. 

I didn't mean to imply it was.  

I was discussing in alphabetical order, pointing out that K had been disqualified (for being out of order), questioning whether J was acceptable (which I presume it was, as the boss didn't disqualify it) , and wondering where the hell L had got to, before the "M is next" announcement!

Anyway... it's match night... and I know where my priorities lie this evening

... once I've cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher, that is!  ?

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

While it may be right to hate you, I'd be surprised if you did exactly as @sagesaid as that's not what's appeared on the forum. Start the song playing on YouTube. Then if you're on a computer copy the entire URL (uniform resource locator which is in the address bar at the top and will begin youtube.com/watch? and then a lot more alphanumeric characters) and paste that in here. If you're on a mobile device using a YouTube app then start the vid and then use the "share" option, copying the URL to your clipboard and pasting it in here. Does that help?

Sadly you can't practice now as you're back to A as my Queen snuck in before your Question. Sorry!

Strangely enough, that is precisely what I did - and have just tried again. I copied the entire URL, pasted it in here and what pastes isn't the URL but an interpretation of it. I can only assume that it's something to do with my browser settings, the crappy Lenovo laptop I'm using or a conflict between Windows 10, YouTube, MS Edge, Bing and my Covid-19 Bill Gates nanochip.

I'll see if I can sort it out after dinner.