Best Songs in Alphabetical Order, with Minefield Rules (Last of the Best Song Threads)

sage

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

A song from a great album that was withdrawn from record stores 5 weeks after it's release, ruining precious lives in the process.  There is a special place for "men" such as Stanley Polley.

The correct title is Know One Knows

Edited by ramit
typo

14 hours ago, Rev said:

I had her, Louise Werner and Sarah Cracknell in my bedroom, all at once.

Poster form only, sadly.

Had an interesting couple of hours with her at The Leadmill in Sheffield in about 93.  Probably more fun than the poster.  Really nice girl.  The two she was with from the group Shampoo were not.

14 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had an interesting couple of hours with her at The Leadmill in Sheffield in about 93.  Probably more fun than the poster.  Really nice girl.  The two she was with from the group Shampoo were not.

Well, when you were blessed with the musical genius that God afforded Shampoo you can understand why mingling with mere mortals might be something hard for them to lower themself to.

While I will heartily admit that UB40 as a cover band are awful - the Status Quo of reggae, as Don Letts describes them - their first couple of albums were amongst the most politically astute and biting of their time. Even their name cries out to their origins and what they originally stood for. But, a bit like Brian Clough himself, I can forgive them so much of their errant later lives for the sheer joy that they brought in those first few years.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I had a friend who was the original drummer on Mansun; they kicked him out just as they were signing their first record deal, which was a total kick in the teeth for him. He had been friends with the bass player (Chad) for years, going back to when they were at university together, and had played with him in a previous band. He didn't have a high opinion of them after that, unsurprisingly.

2 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

I had a friend who was the original drummer on Mansun; they kicked him out just as they were signing their first record deal, which was a total kick in the teeth for him. He had been friends with the bass player (Chad) for years, going back to when they were at university together, and had played with him in a previous band. He didn't have a high opinion of them after that, unsurprisingly.

Oh that's terrible. Stupidly I'd never twigged they were Brits till finding that video just now. I always thought they were probably from somewhere stateside. Drummers are always in huge demand but rarely get a writing credit, so you're stuffed if they get rid of you. Hate band politics. Everyone seems to do everyone else over.