Best Songs in Alphabetical Order, with Minefield Rules (Last of the Best Song Threads)

sage

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I was working at ITV and met up with some mates in the bar there one Saturday night, when it turned out to be the filming of the final show of Reborn in the USA (a show where 80s bands toured America and one was thrown out every week). At the bar I was standing next to Imagination's Leee John so I told him the story of Imagination playing a gig at my college, and before Just an Illusion he threw a single rose out into the audience and I caught it and gave it to my bird. 

The rap party for the show was in some Soho club and I was invited to join the "talent" and the production team. I was chatting with Tony Hadley (!) when there was a tap on my shoulder. It was Leee. The club had just put on Just an Illusion and he wanted me to dance with him to the song! When I first saw it on Top of the Pops, I really did not expect that to ever happen!

Edited by Carl Sagan

Right, I've been waiting for three days for someone to post the next one as I said to myself I wanted to offer this one up as my final contribution to this thread. But I know what will happen, someone will post one and then @Rev or someone will come along and post Kennedy by The Wedding Present or Kill The Poor by The Dead Kennedys.

So I am going, unilaterally and with no pre-ordained authority, give @Carl Sagan both I and J for the above contribution (based on the fact it was all wrapped inside a lovely little personal anecdote). 

And with that I give you this, Kate Bush - The Ninth Wave. A true majesty of music, all seven tracks that sit inside it. Take half an hour out, pour yourself a nice single malt over ice, and listen.

Thank you - this thread was fun.