Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Sith Happens

Wayne typing up his team sheet

jimcarrey.gif

Only joking...sure he knows what hes doing.

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Roos

Mengi/Wiz     Mr Ed     Clarke 

Mengi/Wiz                                     Buchanan

Shinnie   Baningime

Sibbo            Joz

Gregory

????????????

Good effort! 🤷‍♂️😲

Looks like we're saving the big man for Coventry. I'm slightly surprised if that is the thinking because Cardiff are not that special and there for the taking. I've not seen Mengi before although from what I gather he wasn't great at Wycombe. 

Not going to get too stressed out tonight, hoping Sibley can have a second coming of age and that Baningime can put in an impressive debut.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

If it works then hats off to Mr.Rooney, but that line up really doesn't give me much confidence

It does me though.

Wazza is either a genius or a naive fool...depending on the result. And one of us is a blinkered devotee or a dumass or a wise owl...which one are we? 😲

I'm thinking it's this. I'm not sure how Cardiff play but it looks like Rooney is worried about losing the midfield battle. We know he likes his wingbacks to play as basically wingers, so they'll be that high up.  I think he's played Sibley and Joz as two "10s" (similar to Gerrards Rangers) running into spaces left by Gregory runs to stretch their defenders.

3 defenders to stay back and take no risks and to manage the high long balls.

image.thumb.png.66a6cf542dd0e14dc3c009fa317aaf8d.png

Hope the team put out prove a lot of you lot wrong tonight. We need to use the squad as the fixtures are relentless.

Perhaps the guys coming in have done really well in training this week and deserve their spot? If the game is getting away from us then we can bring on the players we normally expect to start and finish strongly.