Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Realistically we were going to lose this game. 

Our reserves lost it and many key players were rested.

Our rivals have.not taken advantage but only HT at Florist. 

Could be a lot worse in the night. Maybe all for the best if we beat Coventry.

4 nil Vaulks. Long rocket shot.

Good night.

Florist losing with ten to go.

An abysmal team selection from a management group believing all their own nonsense about varying it for every game.

centre half at right back, centre half in midfield, And a rookie marking keiffer moore?

thats the worst mess of a line up since we ended up with bird in central defence v Middlesbrough 
we actually struggled to get to the half way line in the first half.

Hopefully that’s a big wake up call.

We certainly looked better late on with Watson in midfield when we finally started to pass it properly. 

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely pathetic result. Rooney surrendered the game from the first minute with his team selection, absolutely shameful management. No team in this league is unbeatable, we should be going into this game thinking we can at least get a point. Instead we seemed to give up as soon as Cardiff had their first shot. There was no reaction at all to going behind, we just carried on as we were and allowed them to hammer us. Rooney has to take full blame here for his team selection and lack of game management. Proper amateur hour. Glad there wasn’t any paying fans in there because they’d deserve a refund for that shower of poo.

I mean, what was he thinking with that set up?! Sibley on the wing, Edmundson in midfield, Baningime as an advanced midfielder... any idiot could see that’s a total mess which would never work. And Christ, that game emphasised how bad our squad is and how far we have to go before we reach Cardiff’s level. Some of those players wouldn’t get a game in League One with some of the passing on show. But also, what are we working on in training? These sorts of games have been a problem all season, so why haven’t we got any better at beating a press? Why is there still no intelligent movement up front? Why haven’t we moved on from the Cocuball passing it sideways with no game plan of how to score a goal? 

Cardiff probably couldn’t believe their luck with some of our “defending”, easiest game they’ll have all season with our disorganisation at the back and toothlessness up front. I know Cardiff are good, but the way we just rolled over tonight was pathetic. Hang your head in shame Mr Rooney. We’d better win on Saturday after this.

Cocu2 The Return

So the view from my sofa,

Wisdom was our best centre half even when at right back.

Sibley was twice the player that Jozwiak was.

Mengi was out of position, out of his depth. I have no idea why Rooney couldn’t see why his passing so slowly was hurting us.

Roos is not to blame. Whatever your agenda.

Jourdan not Jordan.

Anyone who says Bird can not pass forwards should be forced to watch the first half on loop for eternity.

Edmundson in midfield? In this game? Christ on a bike.

Just now, StarterForTen said:

Perhaps he thought that no team he could put out were capable of competing. 

That just smacks of total defeatism though surely?

And not something you'd expect from a person meant to be motivating a group of players. If that is the case naturally. 

Well that was quite the miscalculation from Rooney, but it could be a blessing in disguise actually.

If we had lost 1-0 or 2-1 as expected, we probably would have taken it on the chin and moved on without much fuss and that might have led to there being worse to come.

But this kind of result and performance, I feel it could refocus everyone and remind everyone that we can’t get complacent and we can’t afford to experiment as we still have work to do.

We can’t get too comfortable, which is what those wholesale changes suggested to me. To be fair, much of what Rooney has tried in recent weeks has come off, even when it instinctively looks wrong, so I can’t blame him for being confident in his ideas.

Tonight it didn’t work. We have to hope we learn from it and come back with a response on Saturday.

Hopefully it’s a wake up call to the group that we have to maintain our standards or we will get punished, because performances are beginning to dip and at the worst time possible. The upcoming games don’t get any easier.

As close to throwing a game as you can get. Maybe rest 3, but 6 against the in form team in the division. Be very interesting to hear what Wazza has to say. He has put a lot of pressure on himself now for Saturday. Fortunately the other results went our way tonight for the majority anyway.

16 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Don't know if you are being overly negative or positive....but I thought we had been doing much better and that Forest was poor and then tonight was really really terrible on all levels. 

I'm wobbling around a mean. Didn't really buy into the "stellar-ness" of the level of improvement under Rooney, so just recently I don't think we've fallen that far. 

I'm still sticking with my season prediction of 17th to 18th. And I didn't see the loanees as game changers. 

this was worse than anything cocu cocked up,its getting unbearable to watch.the last time we played decent football was the 1-0 defeat at wednesday,since then its been the sideways/ backwards,fanny about in our own half rubbish.we had a few corners tonight where we managed to get players up into the box,each one ended back with roos,who was our mom tonight,not with his keeping,simply because he had the most touches of the ball.gregory offers less than waghorn,which seems impossible,but without ckr we have no attack.rooney needs to stop this cocu tinkering and get us back to the quick tempo passing game we had before christmas and stop the obsession with the opposition before we lose all confidence and get dragged back into the mire

I’m not even drunk yet - give me time, it’s a Tuesday after all.

But I have never played to any level. Shropshire FA First Division in the early nineties was my peak. So what the 20th rung on the football ladder? If that.

Tell you what though, that team never hid and shirked like Derby did tonight.

I watched one player (who I won’t name) lose the ball and the jog around half-arsed for the next two minutes pretending to get into shape. Fraud.

Archived