Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was always going to happen as soon as the team was released. Why oh why keep playing around the back when we aren’t good enough to do it. Without Bielik it is a car crash waiting to happen. Unfortunately we aren’t in a position to let other clubs youngsters learn their trade. You could say that none of the 5 signings in January have improved us. 

Disappointing but hey ho onto the next. 

42 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

This game has a similar feel to the Lampard wholesale changes against Villa which resulted in the 4-0 loss. Difference being Frank did it to prove a point on the back of a poor performance, Wayne actually thought about it to come up with a tactical plan.

Both cases it was embarrassing, both cases the managers had to learn from their mistakes.

Hope Rooney doesn’t sulk about it, accepts he got it wrong and galvanises us more effectively against Coventry.

I’m just going to add to this comment same score and same schooling lesson for Rookie Manager.

Hold your hand up and learn from it Wayne, so you don’t make the same mistake again please. Was always going to be tough but didn’t need to be embarrassing. Let’s play with largely your best 11 in a league game, maybe the odd tweak and move on.

Please don’t hang Sibley. End of, bad night at the office. 

Absolutely pathetic result. Rooney surrendered the game from the first minute with his team selection, absolutely shameful management. No team in this league is unbeatable, we should be going into this game thinking we can at least get a point. Instead we seemed to give up as soon as Cardiff had their first shot. There was no reaction at all to going behind, we just carried on as we were and allowed them to hammer us. Rooney has to take full blame here for his team selection and lack of game management. Proper amateur hour. Glad there wasn’t any paying fans in there because they’d deserve a refund for that shower of poo.

I mean, what was he thinking with that set up?! Sibley on the wing, Edmundson in midfield, Baningime as an advanced midfielder... any idiot could see that’s a total mess which would never work. And Christ, that game emphasised how bad our squad is and how far we have to go before we reach Cardiff’s level. Some of those players wouldn’t get a game in League One with some of the passing on show. But also, what are we working on in training? These sorts of games have been a problem all season, so why haven’t we got any better at beating a press? Why is there still no intelligent movement up front? Why haven’t we moved on from the Cocuball passing it sideways with no game plan of how to score a goal? 

Cardiff probably couldn’t believe their luck with some of our “defending”, easiest game they’ll have all season with our disorganisation at the back and toothlessness up front. I know Cardiff are good, but the way we just rolled over tonight was pathetic. Hang your head in shame Mr Rooney. We’d better win on Saturday after this.

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So rest them more gradually not wholesale like that. How many looked at the team tonight then formation and seriously thought we would get even a precious point. 

I didn't say he should rest 6, just that you do have to rest players this season.

As I stated earlier, we effectively threw the game, the proof of whether that was the right decision will be over the next 3 games, not tonight. 

I normally catch up on the forum view of the world after watching the game.

Not tonight. And sorry if it’s been said. But that was shocking and it’s down to Rooney.

Woodgate’esque managerial performance. 

I will never accept us throwing a game. No effort, bewildering formation, no effort, no proactive change to the formation from Rooney, no effort, subs 20 mins too late, and no effort.

Appalling rubbish. As a happy clapper I’ve struggled with Jordan for  couple of years at least. But whatever he says tonight is bang on.

Just wondering how many of the squad will be here next year if Rooney has his way, not that many I wouldn’t think, very poor performance tonight, unlike some thought Beni did ok in the midfield, Menghi looks like a rabbit in headlights atm, thing yet again we see why Sibbo doesn’t start. It’s all about getting through until the end of the season now and surviving and reshaping our squad next season. Cardiff are a typical experienced championship side, hard and physical.

7 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

So what? You think having them in our team we would have won 5-4?

The vast majority on this forum thought they were a complete waste of time...we ship em out to Millwall and they get the 3 points.. playing for a team who are much better and higher in the league than us.

Just now, sage said:

I didn't say he should rest 6, just that you do have to rest players this season.

As I stated earlier, we effectively threw the game, the proof of whether that was the right decision will be over the next 3 games, not tonight. 

Resting players make sense, even possibly resting 6 but you can at least go out with a resemblance of a plan that make senses.

Why play Mengi at centre back and shove Wisdom to right back ?

Why play a midfield 3 consisting of a centre back and two defensive midielders ?

There's some extreme reactions folks. 

Our decent-ish run was not that brilliant, we have been conceding goals again recently (bar Huddersfield). 

The loanees were OK but not brilliant and haven't really been integrated into the first team. 

So today was a bit poor, but lots of factors and it's really not as if a purring rolls royce suddenly became a mini metro. Let's chill our beans. 

Archived