Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

First time ever I am seriously considering just watching a film. 

Really really poor. 

Or even MCFC v Wolves

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

Terrible selection, poor at the back, 3 defensive midfielders, no threat in attack is a recipe for disaster.

Dare I say it, granted we’ve been awful, but I’d love us to play like a Mick McCarthy Cardiff next year. Strong, physical, quick, with a smattering of quality. He’s doing a good job there.

At least Rooney's reductive tactics made us hard to beat even if it did kill what little creativity was left from our central midfield and wingers, but ducking hell if he's going to start pissing around with the defence then we'll lose a lot more games in this manner.

..and still we haven't changed anything?

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

This game has a similar feel to the Lampard wholesale changes against Villa which resulted in the 4-0 loss. Difference being Frank did it to prove a point on the back of a poor performance, Wayne actually thought about it to come up with a tactical plan.

Both cases it was embarrassing, both cases the managers had to learn from their mistakes.

Hope Rooney doesn’t sulk about it, accepts he got it wrong and galvanises us more effectively against Coventry.

I'm worried he's believed his own hype after being praised for some recent changes during games....and unfortunately exhibited his managerial naivety at the same time.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We're playing it out from the back - he's there. But where was he for the goal and some of their chances? He's giving the young lad poo for what reason? He reminds me of Keogh there - point and shout lots at other people when you've screwed up.

The team as a whole are crap, no point picking on just Wisdom...

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm worried he's believed his own hype after being praised for some recent changes during games....and unfortunately exhibited his managerial naivety at the same time.

He got this one completely wrong...

Play your best team, try to win every game.

Archived