Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

Just now, Ramos said:

I actually think edmundson and beni have looked neat on the ball - we’ve just been too busy trying to play 40 passes between the cbs and Roos. Clarke passes every ball so slowly - I wish someone would tell him to up the tempo so annoying to watch. 

Clarke doesn't even consider a forward pass. I wouldn't mind if he committed Cardiff to a run before he passed but they can leave him alone in the certainty he will pass back. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get why people are calling for substitutions, we aren't looking good. However,  if we bring on the players we are resting this early, they won't get much of a rest! 

Even if they had all started, this would have been a tough ask.

Hope that Bennett is alright. Hate to see it when someone goes down like that.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Taking this moment during the break in play to sum up.

Mengi isn’t ready for first team football.

Edmundson is steady as a DM

Baningime is tidy and has provided us with our best forward threats so far.

Jozwiak holds the ball well but is missing the overlap from Byrne.

I’d sub Byrne on for Mengi and keep trying this. Cardiff are passing through the back line because of naive positioning and Byrne can link up wit Jozwiak well.

The one moment he held onto the ball wasn't his fault jozwiak had it looked and theirs nothing on going forward and had to go back ti wisdom. For years i have never known a Derby side to be so toothless at going forward. We rely on set pieces or a moment of brilliance to score lately. 

2 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

They reverted to this cocu ball against the Trees, wisdom to clarke, clarke to wisdom ... repeat.... same this game just different defenders, fine do it once and then pass forward, get some tempo in the game because we have plenty of potential passing mistakes in our team.

Chuckle Brother interpassing.

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

We seem to have five at the back when we have the ball and 1 at the back when they have it.

I was scratching my head over this. 

We've broke 2 or 3 times now and our players have not supported the counter yet one long ball over from Cardiff and they're in acres of space carving out goalscoring opportunities. Not sure whats going on. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I get why people are calling for substitutions, we aren't looking good. However,  if we bring on the players we are resting this early, they won't get much of a rest! 

Even if they had all started, this would have been a tough ask.

Hope that Bennett is alright. Hate to see it when someone goes down like that.

I suspect knee ligament. 

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

Let's face it, whatever wisdom does it will not be good enough for you will it ?

How do you know it's grief and not encouragement ?

Lol. Can you not see the body language between them. The last bit of kick about was interesting, Clarke and Mengi not involving Wisdom.

Wisdom is a poor CB and a worse RWB and a not very good captain. So NO not good enough.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Rooney giving a teamtalk on the sideline during the injury stoppage

I can lip read,  he said 'so who wants pepperoni,  who wants margherita,  who wants Hawaiian, anyone want fries ?'

Archived