Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Barker thinks Clarke's to blame but he hasn't seen a wider angle of the play.

Clarke was trying to play him offside at the last minute but i don't think he would have got to him, he had followed him. Maybe hurried him a bit.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Mick McCathy looking like a sagacious Hellenic since his spell Greek-side.

I had to Google sagacious

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Omg two Derby players actually turned with the ball and it took everyone by surprise so much Bennett has actually injured himself for Cardiff having to turn a different direction.

Looks familiar

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I am mystified as to what we are trying to achieve. The defence are all over the place. I don’t think Edmundson knows where he is meant to be playing and Menghi and Wisdom are all over the shop.

I think we need to play the first team and see how they do. 

I actually think edmundson and beni have looked neat on the ball - we’ve just been too busy trying to play 40 passes between the cbs and Roos. Clarke passes every ball so slowly - I wish someone would tell him to up the tempo so annoying to watch. 

Just now, Rampage said:

They have three men up all the time waiting for a mistake from our interpassing defence. See Cocu for details.

They reverted to this cocu ball against the Trees, wisdom to clarke, clarke to wisdom ... repeat.... same this game just different defenders, fine do it once and then pass forward, get some tempo in the game because we have plenty of potential passing mistakes in our team.

Taking this moment during the break in play to sum up.

Mengi isn’t ready for first team football.

Edmundson is steady as a DM

Baningime is tidy and has provided us with our best forward threats so far.

Jozwiak holds the ball well but is missing the overlap from Byrne.

I’d sub Byrne on for Mengi and keep trying this. Cardiff are passing through the back line because of naive positioning and Byrne can link up wit Jozwiak well.

Just now, LincsRam said:

They reverted to this cocu ball against the Trees, wisdom to clarke, clarke to wisdom ... repeat.... same this game just different defenders, fine do it once and then pass forward, get some tempo in the game because we have plenty of potential passing mistakes in our team.

Cocuball out 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really not impressed with the grief Wisdom is giving Mengi. Bloody Wisdom is an awful Captain and a worse defender!

Let's face it, whatever wisdom does it will not be good enough for you will it ?

How do you know it's grief and not encouragement ?

Archived