Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Assuming that this team was picked to rest people up for the Coventry game we had better hope we actually win that match. This one is done, we barely ever salvage losing situations and Cardiff are a lot better than Forest. 

I think you are right. This is a game we are unlikely to get a decent result. If we are going to rest players, tonight is the obvious game to do so.

4 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I admire Rooney for not being afraid to mix things up but our defense didn't have a clue what shape they should be in there.

He will end up changing the formation at half time and admit he got it wrong again

Selection resembles Lampards debacle at Villa

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Assuming that this team was picked to rest people up for the Coventry game we had better hope we actually win that match. This one is done, we barely ever salvage losing situations and Cardiff are a lot better than Forest. 

Yes, it feels like we are treating this as an experiment to see if we can nick something by catching them off guard. It isn't working.

I would much rather we go toe to toe with every team rather than pick and choose who we would like to take 3 points from.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In that area of the box it should be the RCB snuffing out danger. Mengi was gently jogging back

I wouldn’t blame Mengi, clearly an offside issue with either Clarke or Buchanan. Mengi had gone tight with their Cf who was then out the game. Rest should shift in. Poor goal. Although not been overly impressed with Mengi so far. 

Archived