Cardiff v Derby County match day thread init.

Boycie

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Im actually surprised there hasn’t been more rotation. It’s a big ask 2 games every week. Looking forward to seeing what Baningime has to offer.

Absolutely. 3 games last week is Herculean task which drains players physically & mentally. We as fans often forget this. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the logic behind giving some of the players a rest especially Kaz as he's so influential for us. It's a lot of changes though so I hope that doesn't impact us too much. It'll also be interesting to see how some of the loans who haven't appeared much fare. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, fair play to anyone who called that lineup! Absolutely baffled as to how we will set up, can’t for the life of me figure out what formation we’re playing.

Bad news that Marshall is injured, but good to see Baningime get his first start, be interesting to see what he’s capable of. Seems absolutely mental to not play Kazim-Richards unless it’s for fitness reasons, think it’s harsh on Bird as well who was one of our better players against Forest, and is one of few midfielders we have who can actually pass. Think Jozwiak is lucky to keep his place after another ineffective game, and I worry about Buchanan’s lack of experience against a Mick McCarthy side. Similarly, I’m very concerned if Wisdom is at CB considering his weakness to aerial balls.

It’ll take a half or two for that team to gel having never played together before and potentially in a new system/formation.

I’m expecting a rough ride, but hoping it’s a master stroke by the gaffer 

Players like knight really needed a rest he’s had a poor few games probably through physical and mental fatigue. Cardiff have been in great form so I’d be happy with a point if we get that tonight. Although I’d love for us to be the first team to beat micks Cardiff. (I think they haven’t lost yet?) 

Sith Happens
Just now, YouRams said:

It’s a travesty that in 2021 sky are still using SD cameras for red button games, feel like I’ve transported back in time

SD commentary too

Archived