Kazim-Richards new contract till 2022

Andicis

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Curtains said:

Cocu signed him don’t forget 

He wasn’t fit when he arrived due to lack of football. 

Not that we are well endowed with pace. But seriously wondering whether anyone in the squad is quicker than CKR over 20 yards. Every once in a while he puts the turbocharge on (eg first Swansea goal) and he is seriously fast for a 34 year old 

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, that was the point of the exclamation marks!

Sorry Roy, I've somehow become the type of poster I dislike, been too damn literal and missed the subtlety of your post.

It's not as if I don't know better either, time for a break.

Great news, and fully deserved. Must admit I thought it was a bizzare signing at the time, but he’s proven himself to be still a good player at this level. His ability to win balls in the air is something we’ve lacked upfront for a long time, and for a 34 year old he’s still pretty mobile, and makes good runs in behind. Seems like a proper leader too, don’t have a bad word to say about the man.

I’d hope we have someone better (and maybe younger) lined up to come in as first choice next season, but Kazim-Richards is still a good option to have on your bench in the short term, and perhaps more importantly he’s a great man to have in your squad. Seems to have real influence, so I’m delighted he’s staying for another season.

Archived