Kazim-Richards new contract till 2022

Andicis

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, David said:

Martin was very good, but that was a few years ago now, hasn't been near that for a while despite what some members say on this forum. Really should have let him join Fulham, the way his decline was dragged out and the blindness to it, started to grind me down. Same with Bryson, we don't seem to be able to say goodbye even when it's the best for both player and club.

I was open about this on the Zoom call that time, I'll take all the stick that comes my way for it and whilst it was a little cheeky my post today, I do hold those opinions and I haven't seen anything from him at Bristol City to suggest I was/am wrong. 

Wouldn't say they were that similar either, Martin was an intelligent player but moved very little, you could argue that he didn't need to due to his intelligence to drift into areas for the little cheeky lay offs. He was a joy to watch with Bryson making the runs past him, maybe Sibley/Knight could have been that player for him had he stayed, who knows.

He was also pretty poor in the air for how strong he looked, didn't take much to end up on his arse and whilst I would never complain, it was a little embarrassing at times. 

Kazim on the other hand will cover a lot and I mean A LOT more ground, not in a headless chicken mode, but to give us an outlet and will give piggy backs to those who dare challenge him as he holds the ball up. He's not just some brute runner either, but he can spot a pass just as good as Martin, see his assist for Waghorn the other day. 

13/14 Martin is miles ahead of 20/21 Kazim, but as I say, that was years ago now and Kazim is a better fit for us now, don't feel Martin would be anywhere near as effective. Wish him a speedy recovery and to prove me wrong though.

Pretty fair analysis. Martin hasn’t been at it since 2016. I hoped he properly mugged Bristol with his contract.

Pleased CKR has been rewarded with the year extension. A proper centre forward.

53 minutes ago, David said:

Martin was very good, but that was a few years ago now, hasn't been near that for a while despite what some members say on this forum. Really should have let him join Fulham, the way his decline was dragged out and the blindness to it, started to grind me down. Same with Bryson, we don't seem to be able to say goodbye even when it's the best for both player and club.

I was open about this on the Zoom call that time, I'll take all the stick that comes my way for it and whilst it was a little cheeky my post today, I do hold those opinions and I haven't seen anything from him at Bristol City to suggest I was/am wrong. 

Wouldn't say they were that similar either, Martin was an intelligent player but moved very little, you could argue that he didn't need to due to his intelligence to drift into areas for the little cheeky lay offs. He was a joy to watch with Bryson making the runs past him, maybe Sibley/Knight could have been that player for him had he stayed, who knows.

He was also pretty poor in the air for how strong he looked, didn't take much to end up on his arse and whilst I would never complain, it was a little embarrassing at times. 

Kazim on the other hand will cover a lot and I mean A LOT more ground, not in a headless chicken mode, but to give us an outlet and will give piggy backs to those who dare challenge him as he holds the ball up. He's not just some brute runner either, but he can spot a pass just as good as Martin, see his assist for Waghorn the other day. 

13/14 Martin is miles ahead of 20/21 Kazim, but as I say, that was years ago now and Kazim is a better fit for us now, don't feel Martin would be anywhere near as effective. Wish him a speedy recovery and to prove me wrong though.

Fair enough although I see more similarities between them which is why Kaz is my favourite current Derby player by a country mile and is a fine replacement for the departed Martin.He is a bloody brilliant centre forward.

Don't forget though that Martin scored 12 last year despite missing the first part of the season and plenty more assists....I doubt that kazim is going to get anywhere near those numbers.

I'm happy to have either of them here this year,both play the kind of intelligent hold up play I've always admired in a number 9.

I'm chuffed that ckr has another year with us but we are back to that ongoing,never ending search for a similar younger player to replace him,after all it took six years to get ckr in after we first needed a Martin replacement!

I would never have believed at the outset that I would be happy at this news. Didn't rate him and thought he would only get worse. 

If his finishing was a bit better he would an absolute revelation, but otherwise he ticks a lot of boxes. Works hard, runs the line, wins free kicks, motivates the team, has got a great touch, lovely hold up play and clever passing. Hope he can keep fit. 

I really hope we’re all back at Pride Park next season to watch him live, he deserves to play with us all there so we can show him our total appreciation of his contribution to this season, he’s been a shining light and put a smile on my face on several occasions watching him play. Can’t wait, love him! 

29 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm chuffed that ckr has another year with us but we are back to that ongoing,never ending search for a similar younger player to replace him,after all it took six years to get ckr in after we first needed a Martin replacement!

I still wonder about that Kienan Davis kid (well, he's 23 now) should Villa ever actually let him go out and play regularly. He has lots of the the physical attributes we've seen from CKR, and you never know, he could turn around his poor goalscoring stats if given a proper chance. He wouldn't be the first young striker to make a slow start.

2 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

He must 'one' of the 'best ever' value for money signings both as individual player and a team motivator both on and off the pitch we've had in years. 

He richly deserves he's new contract and all the praise and plaudits he's getting. 

Come on Kaz top it off tonight with the winner  against the red dogs

Proper Rams player is Kaz.

22 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I still wonder about that Kienan Davis kid (well, he's 23 now) should Villa ever actually let him go out and play regularly. He has lots of the the physical attributes we've seen from CKR, and you never know, he could turn around his poor goalscoring stats if given a proper chance. He wouldn't be the first young striker to make a slow start.

He may just need the right team/gaffer to flower in.

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Don't forget though that Martin scored 12 last year despite missing the first part of the season and plenty more assists....I doubt that kazim is going to get anywhere near those numbers.

It's already forgotten, some didn't want to see it. ? The comments from the BC fans early doors tell us he's still got it. Unfortunately the manager hadn't. ? Still I bet Pearson can't wait for CM to get fit!!!

Edit: some Derby fans talk about Chrissy the way other fans (myself included) talked about CKR!!! ?

#GoCKR #COYR

Archived