Kazim-Richards new contract till 2022

Andicis

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS why have we given this aging journeyman a contract extension ?

SAID NO ONE!

What a guy, don't wanna put too much pressure on him but he's playing with real confidence* at the moment and if feels like he could do something iconic tonight against the red dogs.

*just see the attempted free kick blast and 40 yard lob in the last game for signs of confidence. Love it.

Great news, CKR has been a revelation, certainly on the pitch, and by all accounts in the dressing room and on the training ground. Definitely got at least another season in him. Why did Cocu hardly use him? I would offer another contract to Wiz, and possibly to Waggy for 1 more year.

8 minutes ago, Iniestagram said:

Great news, CKR has been a revelation, certainly on the pitch, and by all accounts in the dressing room and on the training ground. Definitely got at least another season in him. Why did Cocu hardly use him? I would offer another contract to Wiz, and possibly to Waggy for 1 more year.

Cocu signed him don’t forget 

He wasn’t fit when he arrived due to lack of football. 

Roomey has benefited from him and has him playing really well 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiyr4qHwYfvAhVUu3EKHVj2COsQFjABegQIAhAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F54560699&usg=AOvVaw1GhhB5BwnshWHBERetOPdM

22 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Almost correct. I'll forgive you though. You've obviously started drinking early on your birthday. Have a good un. ??

44d1a5c577bc07011374fecf36ce9df8.gif.c0201954ca80395a6dc501e22b01cb16.gif

Despite kazim and Martin being very,very similar players,david has a weird bias/blindness against Martin,despite his achievements.

I think there is some kind of man crush being denied.

Let it out David,you are amongst friends here mate!

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Cocu signed him don’t forget 

He wasn’t fit when he arrived due to lack of football. 

Roomey has benefited from him and has him playing really well 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiyr4qHwYfvAhVUu3EKHVj2COsQFjABegQIAhAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F54560699&usg=AOvVaw1GhhB5BwnshWHBERetOPdM

Yeah, it's easy to forget but in his first games playing for us under Rooney/Rosenior, CKR couldn't manage a whole 90 mins, especially two games in a row. 

This is great news, he's been incredible on and off the pitch and seems to have added a much needed character and grit into the team. You can tell the other players love and respect him.

36 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Despite kazim and Martin being very,very similar players,david has a weird bias/blindness against Martin,despite his achievements.

I think there is some kind of man crush being denied.

Let it out David,you are amongst friends here mate!

Martin was very good, but that was a few years ago now, hasn't been near that for a while despite what some members say on this forum. Really should have let him join Fulham, the way his decline was dragged out and the blindness to it, started to grind me down. Same with Bryson, we don't seem to be able to say goodbye even when it's the best for both player and club.

I was open about this on the Zoom call that time, I'll take all the stick that comes my way for it and whilst it was a little cheeky my post today, I do hold those opinions and I haven't seen anything from him at Bristol City to suggest I was/am wrong. 

Wouldn't say they were that similar either, Martin was an intelligent player but moved very little, you could argue that he didn't need to due to his intelligence to drift into areas for the little cheeky lay offs. He was a joy to watch with Bryson making the runs past him, maybe Sibley/Knight could have been that player for him had he stayed, who knows.

He was also pretty poor in the air for how strong he looked, didn't take much to end up on his arse and whilst I would never complain, it was a little embarrassing at times. 

Kazim on the other hand will cover a lot and I mean A LOT more ground, not in a headless chicken mode, but to give us an outlet and will give piggy backs to those who dare challenge him as he holds the ball up. He's not just some brute runner either, but he can spot a pass just as good as Martin, see his assist for Waghorn the other day. 

13/14 Martin is miles ahead of 20/21 Kazim, but as I say, that was years ago now and Kazim is a better fit for us now, don't feel Martin would be anywhere near as effective. Wish him a speedy recovery and to prove me wrong though.

55 minutes ago, Iniestagram said:

Why did Cocu hardly use him?

Possibly for the same reason Rooney dropped him out of the squad altogether in his first game in charge. He wasn't training to the required standard.

CKR's performances as a sub weren't always the best, or a sign of what was to come.

One game in particular - Barnsley - he looked massively off it. He had a couple of really poor touches and seemed to struggle to control the ball, and went down surprisingly weakly (given what we've seen of him since) when the ball was played towards him in the box.

Rooney gave him a kick up the arse.

Archived