Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

19 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

who else is there though?  Tom Lawrence? 

Lawrence, Sibley, Roberts. I don't think any attacking players can flourish in the style we're playing at the moment, not that I'm complaining but it's just the way it is. Just have to get through this season by any means. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nottingram said:

2 goals and 2 assists this season and they all love him. Lee Gregory was half way to that half an hour into his debut.

Bizarre football club.

Sure the narrative around him being a top championship player will fade one day. Maybe when he’s 50 and Chris Hughton has just signed him for the 42nd time at this level.

Im a little drunk so please forgive me but here’s a hot take.

Sky are obsessed with talking about individuals rather than a club because they think that’s where the story is. Since Hughton took over they have few interest stories behind Knockaert and Worrell so they take up most of the story. So Knockaert takes up more space than what’s probably deserved.

As I said earlier he was probably the best footballer on the pitch tonight, but you also saw why he’s not made it to the next level 

16 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

I cant believe how poor you were. I was honestly worried before the game

But WOW

Aren't you poor with the ball. 

Sideways

The arrogance  , judging us off one game, but conveniently forgetting we were the better side at your ground ?

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Im a little drunk so please forgive me but here’s a hot take.

Sky are obsessed with talking about individuals rather than a club because they think that’s where the story is. Since Hughton took over they have few interest stories behind Knockaert and Worrell so they take up most of the story. So Knockaert takes up more space than what’s probably deserved.

As I said earlier he was probably the best footballer on the pitch tonight, but you also saw why he’s not made it to the next level 

The best footballer on the pitch volleyed one in from 22 yards.

7 minutes ago, cstand said:

No idea why we are so poor against bad teams been like it all season.

We always struggle against bottom sides, get dragged down to their level. Wonder if the Gumps will get caught by FPP having so many buys and not getting promoted so nowhere to hide. Won’t be able to sell their ‘ground’ they are tenants,

20 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I think the stream you were watching down there in Tejas might have been dodgy, we nowhere near deserved to win, a point was generous. Bird was out best player, he actually looked after the ball and gave It to our own player and tried winning It back when he didn’t have It. Gregory should have won It for us, that was a simple chance. 
you are right about Jozwiak though, he is rubbish. 

Point was generous but we had a simple chance to win it ? Bird I thought was one of the few that passed with any intent, he just didn't do it very well. Jozwiak based on tonight wasn't very good, hopefully it's just tiredness of so many games kicking in....

19 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

By all means have a go if you feel the need but he has done very well recently. Why not praise in equal measure?

Cant knock the fact wizzy has some good bits in games ??‍♂️,, but he really does have at least a minimum one bad mistake per half , think he’s got lucky not to have a lot of those punished lately , I like the bloke but I don’t see the player some rave about

39 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Just been banned from the forest forum forever?All I said was rhe first goal was soft and hughton parked the bus. No profanity and ended up saying that 1-1 was pretty fair / nob heads!!?

Yeah. A surprising amount of ball bags on there tonight who get very aggro quickly it seems.  I was a bit surprised.  Personal experience  tells me their normally alright as a group of fans if a bit easily bruised  but thought they were a bit better than blatant aggression. Obviously not.

23 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

I cant believe how poor you were. I was honestly worried before the game

But WOW

Aren't you poor with the ball. 

Sideways

You scored a soft goal, you know that affects the way we will play and the way you will park the bus.  Don’t embarrass yourself.  You know how championship football works. 

Definitely a point gained tonight as we were below par on the whole tonight.

First half we had much of the ball but would disagree with Rooney's assessment of the first 30 mins as 'excellent'. Forest like to sit back as pick teams off & so it stood to reason we'd have a lot of possession. Unfortunately we played right into their hands by moving it slowly & sideways - lost count of the amount of times a reasonably straightforward forward pass was turned down just to roll it backwards. 

On the rare occasion we did play through the lines, we looked OK. We broke on them once with Knight messing up a routine ball to Byrne (with 3 players waiting in the box) & of course Knight missed an absolute sitter later on from 6 yards. We then concede a really soft goal - not just Marshall's fault but Byrne (not closing down Garner) & Buchanan (beaten in the air) also culpable. Absolute gift against a counter attacking side like Forest.

Second half we looked a mixture of ponderous on the ball & chaotic in defence - Forest really should have scored a second & cut down our flanks time & time again. Knockaert was in the mood & Buchanan had another torrid Friday night on the telly. We did look better in fairness once Sibley & Gregory came on - Kazim had very little assistance until they turned up & started bringing some energy to the attacking effort. 

Absolute peach from Kazim of course & credit to him for keeping going with minimal service. The only other 2 chances he had, one was an excellent attempt from wide & a later chance was deflected over (whilst on target).

We'd have lost that game earlier this season & it also stops the sequence of losing when we go behind (14 straight games before tonight) so positives to be taken. We're also a point closer to safety. A tough night at the office but good teams get results when playing poorly - dust ourselves off & go again. COYR

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

First point we've won all season having gone behind, so there's that. 

Not a game to live long in the memory tho..... 

and good to be grabbing a few points in the last few minutes, goes a little way to compensating for the many points squandered in the last 10 mins earlier in the season.

Archived