Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It’s partly this......

30FD033C-D74D-4CD4-9361-64A0272D9AD5.thumb.jpeg.00aef5da0c1f40e8ec918a0519ad87c5.jpeg

bird in particular kept standing where he couldn’t possibly be found 

Great point, I was saying this all first half. He seemed to do it deliberately, he just needed to move into space, one of two steps - but countless times he stood behind people. There was no movement ahead of the back 4.

In many ways a typical Derby .. we were hesitant, didn’t get enough second ball, they were more aggressive. 
We didn’t cherish the ball or go on the front foot nearly enough. Knockheart is quality .

Few good moments but we kept powder dry under pressure and then along comes King Colin - the second of his name rightful king of Chad, Normanton and Allestree, ruler of the South stand, the unshorn father of rams. 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think, at the minute, that is the best place for him. He has more space and opportunity to run at the opposition, his movement and positioning isn't quite there to play as a number 10. He managed it when he first came into the team being a relative unknown, but since his hat trick teams pay him more attention. Let's build up his experience and he will be even better through the middle. 

His best role isn't a number 10. He would be far more effective in an 8. Hughes role let him go box to box

Definitely take that point. We edged the first half but we’re behind, they outplayed us in the second half and we grabbed an equaliser. Overall they were better but payback for when we were robbed earlier in the season.

Too many poor performances tonight. Wisdom shocking, Buchanan poor (always going to have a dip), Byrne not as good as usual. Bird was patchy, some really good play don’t think he was helped by being played into trouble several times. Some important defensive blocks. Think we need to persevere with him. Knight put a shift in again but looks to be rushing things a bit at the moment, not showing the quality he had early in the season. Jozwiak looks a shadow of the player. Shinnie Clarke and Kazim the standouts for us, Kazim feeding off scraps and comes up with that! What a goal. 

We’re a mid table team at best, Forest are a top 6 squad massively under performing. Knockaert Krovinovic Garner Freeman Worrall, Samba, Ameobi and Lolley on the bench. Grabban injured. I honestly don’t know how they can afford those wages in a pandemic. Knockaert showed his £40k per week class tonight. Of the two they’re the ones that look more likely to be contenders next season if they keep their loan players. Think we’re further away, we’re relying on our young players improving. 

We had the opportunity to set the tone, we gave them an easy ride into the game but still should have led, gifted them a goal and were second best from that point. Had we started the game better when they showed no intent in the first 20 mins then it probably would have been a different game. A big positive that we hung on earlier in the season we would’ve gone under.

A useful point ahead of some very difficult games but I’m fed up of them having the BC trophy now.

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Doesn't necessarily have to be a goal threat as long as he is creating chances for others. 

And how do you know he wouldn't be a goal threat, hard to tell when he's always told to play the defensive role. 

I just don't think he has the agility or close control to work an opening around the box, hopefully he can improve defensively.

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

His best role isn't a number 10. He would be far more effective in an 8. Hughes role let him go box to box

Then it's even more important that he learns his defensive duties out wide because he isn't good enough with them currently. (Tonight was a step in the right direction) 

8 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

I haven't seen a more one sided Derby in ages.

Well done...you took your one chance well

That game was  never one sided at 0-0.  Your goal was so lucky , Marshall subbed himself off 😂.  After that you grew a pair, and we had to be careful not to concede again, giving you more freedom to play, which you certainly didn’t have first half.  Even with all that you still can’t beat us. 1-1 was probably a fair result. 

16 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep ,I don’t get the wisdom love in from some , scares the life of me , if you thought keough always had a mistake in him then wizzy is treble that 

I like the bloke and really want him to do well but he’s consistently a liability. Imo he’s not good enough in the air, he’s too slow on the turn, he’s poor in possession. It sounds harsh, I just don’t see any strengths to his game