Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

Marshall as captain I’ve no problem with at all and they’ll have discussed it in detail I’m sure. But I’d prefer CKR as captain rest of season. The man has smashed all expectations from all Derby fans and when they announced on commentary ‘the noise you can hear is CKRs calling for the ball’ I thought you’ll do for me, I’d wondered what that was about. His inspiration on the pitch we can all see and I hope we can have a couple more years from Chris Martin’s lesser replacement.   And here’s what he’s gonna do to any forest that may get in his way......

captain america lumber GIF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest fans at work trying to big themselves up for this one. Thankfully there’s more Derby fans (and I work in Nottingham) and we are all worryingly confident about this one!! Forest haven’t conceded a lot lately so I’m going 1-0 Derby. 

Living in Notts means I’m surrounded by Reds. They seem to be similar to us - quietly confident after their uptick in form. Krovinovic will be their key man, plays as the number 10. One of our centre Mids will need to snap at him when he gets the ball (or both Knight and Shinnie)! We also need our wide men to ask lots of questions of their fullbacks. Get Buchanan and Byrne up to double team. That is where they appear weakest. Cyrus and Bong stand off their man at times and this should allow us to cause problems. Kazim can also bully their centre backs when the balls in the air. Got to keep it tight and get the ball at the right end. 

17 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Difficult parking the bus against our rather impressive dead ball situations.........Only takes one to go in!

Imagine if we got a team next season who could a) play football and create goals from open play and b) be deadly with corners and other set pieces. Smells like the ingredients you need for promotion, along with some defensive solidity.

Rooney and co might have worked out very quickly what you need in this division. 

I’d much rather have Clarke and Edmunson playing next to eachother than Wisdom and Clarke. I just feel that Andre complicates things and often has a lack on concentration leading to a chance for the opposition. Edmunson is a very good defender, he gets tight, attack’s the ball in the air and doesn’t mind some rough and tumble. I would go with him and Clarke .

Im never confident about these games but if a Cocu side could go there and get a point what can a new lease of life Derby side do under Wayne Rooney. 

Big this for us is to keep it simple, get it wide and play off Kazim. Get crosses in the box and if they lead to corners ones due to go in. They won’t have very long to figure out our set piece routines either and I think them remember being rubbish from set pieces.

9 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I’d much rather have Clarke and Edmunson playing next to eachother than Wisdom and Clarke. I just feel that Andre complicates things and often has a lack on concentration leading to a chance for the opposition. Edmunson is a very good defender, he gets tight, attack’s the ball in the air and doesn’t mind some rough and tumble. I would go with him and Clarke .

Im never confident about these games but if a Cocu side could go there and get a point what can a new lease of life Derby side do under Wayne Rooney. 

Big this for us is to keep it simple, get it wide and play off Kazim. Get crosses in the box and if they lead to corners ones due to go in. They won’t have very long to figure out our set piece routines either and I think them remember being rubbish from set pieces.

I would say that yes Wisdom has some awful moments, particularly when the ball is played over his head. He takes a while to reorient. 

However, the past few weeks have seen some of his best performances in a Derby shirt. He is playing with confidence and his partnership with Clarke is well established. 

Edmundson is undoubtedly a good defender but he must be patient for now. 

I think we'll go 4-3-3 again but key to our success will be how well our wide attackers play. We need to put pressure on the full backs and get the ball in the box. 

The more corners they win, the better. 

Who'd have thought we would be saying that! 

• We've won our last 4 home games.
  • They've won 3 of their last 4 away.
  • Both in very good form
  • Both teams in the bottom 6 for goals scored
  • Both teams in the top 6 (as in lowest number) for goals conceded

Head says nailed on 0-0

Heart hasn't decided yet.

7 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Wisdom hasn’t put a foot wrong in the last few games. How many times have you seen Edmundson play? 

As others have already said, stick with what worked in the 2nd half against Huddersfield.

Marshall
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan
Knight, Bird, Shinnie
Waghorn, Kazim, Jozwiak

Max Bird needs to have a good game to keep Krovinovic quiet. However, if he keeps on playing like he did in the last game he'll be taking attacking mids out of his pocket pretty regularly. Knockaert v Buchanan could be an interesting match up too. Expecting Jozwiak to be catching Cyrus out of position a lot. Looking forward to this one! COYR ?

Just a glimpse back at one of my favourite Derby v Forest games (great assist by Ken Co ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jvi3Q3z3Rs

Archived