Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

You know what, I usually get some nerves before we play Forest.

But, for the first time in a long while, I think this will be a win.

I just like everything about Rooney’s management at the moment, even when I don’t agree with a decision, I.e., the reluctance to use more subs, he is more often proven right.

So I see a team that is growing in confidence, has good camaraderie and can seemingly adapt to different formations.

Yes, we’re going to win, I genuinely have no doubts ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Difficult to justify much change after that win, and dominant performance:

Marshall

Byrne Edmundson Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Bird Shinnie Knight

Waghorn Kazim-Richards

Only change is to bring Waghorn in, who was excellent off the bench. Nothing against Gregory, but you can’t leave Waghorn out after that second half.

Think it's more likely to be the system we ended up with. 

Marshall

Byrne  Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Knight  Bird  Shinnie

Waghorn Kazim-Richards Jozwiak 

I assume the team will be how we started the second half last night. 

Marshall

Byrne Wis Clarke Buchanan

Knight Bird Shinnie

Waghorn CKR Jozwiak

Harsh on Edmondson who I thought was excellent in the first half. Hopefully this will be as routine as our last few home games. 

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Difficult to justify much change after that win, and dominant performance:

Marshall

Byrne Edmundson Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Bird Shinnie Knight

Waghorn Kazim-Richards

Only change is to bring Waghorn in, who was excellent off the bench. Nothing against Gregory, but you can’t leave Waghorn out after that second half.

Reverting back to the system we started with and didn’t work, forcing Wazza to change things at HT. Bizarre.

352, 343 or 433? A very tough decision for Rooney. 
I imagine he'll go with 433 which he perhaps feels counters Forest's preferred 4231 - Double up on Murray  whilst battling man-for-man on the 5 in midfield and the 2 full backs.

Marshall
Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan
Knight   Bird   Shinnie
Waghorn   Kazim   Jozwiak

Harsh on Edmundson based on last night, but he'll be the victim of Wisdom's and Clarke's good form when playing a back 4.

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Reverting back to the system we started with and didn’t work, forcing Wazza to change things at HT. Bizarre.

Different game though. What didn’t work against Huddersfield may well work against Forest. Though I wouldn’t have a problem with us lining up 4-3-3, I just don’t know what CB to drop. Would be very harsh on Edmundson who was excellent first half yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Different game though. What didn’t work against Huddersfield may well work against Forest. Though I wouldn’t have a problem with us lining up 4-3-3, I just don’t know what CB to drop. Would be very harsh on Edmundson who was excellent first half yesterday.

Stick with the system that worked me thinks.......

Both teams started the season terribly and are now in fantastic form. We have slowly been climbing the table together. Normally for this fixture it seems one of us is playing badly and the other well, and the side playing well ends up getting derailed. Understandably there's an air of confidence on here, just as there is on the gumps board.

Because of our terrible start, every match now feels as if it is "season-defining" and this one even more so. Win and we move above them with a game in hand and, however briefly, move within 10pts of the playoffs. Lose and we are still looking over our shoulders. And we should remember it is now a very long time since we won this match, having had some outrageous calls in the interim. For instance, Joz's first Ram's goal cruelly ruled out as the winner in the last match.

Remarkably, these few weeks in, I now trust in Rooney to set us up with the right team in the right formation. I love that we have options and mostly feel extremely resolute and solid. Derby expects every man to do his duty. Come on you Rams! 

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Can’t help thinking Hughton’s going to park the bus and we’ll have trouble breaking them down. Goes without saying I would love a win but I won’t be too despondent with a draw, 4 points out of 6 isn’t too shabby this week.

Difficult parking the bus against our rather impressive dead ball situations.........Only takes one to go in!

Marshall 

Bryne wisdom Clarke Buchanan   

Knight.     Shinnie 

Sibley 

Waghorn.     Richards. Jozwiak 

I am sure Bird and Gregory would be on about 60 minutes anyway whilst Edmondston would arrive to protect our 2-0 lead late on. 

Archived