The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Genuinely surprised by the survey results here in the UK.

Especially the fact that support seems to be coming more strongly from Tories and old people

image.thumb.png.78e647e15bf87797d53125aca578b03c.png

Out of interest who was polled and by whom?  Checked my emails and I don't seem to have been asked ?

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Genuinely surprised by the survey results here in the UK.

Especially the fact that support seems to be coming more strongly from Tories and old people

image.thumb.png.78e647e15bf87797d53125aca578b03c.png

It’s only 63 Tory v 60 labour so not exactly significant. I also suspect (can’t remember the latest stats) that a higher proportion of older people have been vaccinated and you’d therefore expect them to be more likely to support such measures.

The headline is a. Little misleading as those said to support Austria style restrictions include “tend to support” which isn’t a ringing endorsement. 

Could someone please confirm the rules about going abroad on holiday in the EU please if you've been double jabbed am totally scoobied.

A guy at work who just came back from Tenerife said he paid for a test to be done meaning if it was clear he could go back to work after 5 days or there's another test which isn't so expensive apparently but the wait is longer?

He said he passed this test but because he got pinged on the NHS app as apparently someone on the flight back tested positive for Covid then he had to isolate for ten days and had people knocking on his door to check.

Am totally lost. 

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Could someone please confirm the rules about going abroad on holiday in the EU please if you've been double jabbed am totally scoobied.

A guy at work who just came back from Tenerife said he paid for a test to be done meaning if it was clear he could go back to work after 5 days or there's another test which isn't so expensive apparently but the wait is longer?

He said he passed this test but because he got pinged on the NHS app as apparently someone on the flight back tested positive for Covid then he had to isolate for ten days and had people knocking on his door to check.

Am totally lost. 

My experience - I'd recommend you check as they change the rules - was:

You'll need to book a "fit to fly" test before you travel
You'll need to book a day 2 test for when you return
You'll need to download your vaccine pass barcode (download the NHS app).
You'll need to remember your passenger locator form 48 hours before returning

This is dependent on you being double jabbed, and your last jab must be more than 14 days from your travel date. Your passenger locator forms will ask for the order number of your day 2 test, so you can't just take any old test. Has to be one of the private tests, but can be done at home. Be aware these are so backlogged they'll take forever to arrive - I'm still waiting for my tests that I ordered for my travel in September, so expect that to be a formality and a waste of £60-£70, but without the order number you'll not be able to travel.

Don't forget your passenger locator form coming back - I did, had to buy another flight.

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

My experience - I'd recommend you check as they change the rules - was:

You'll need to book a "fit to fly" test before you travel
You'll need to book a day 2 test for when you return
You'll need to download your vaccine pass barcode (download the NHS app).
You'll need to remember your passenger locator form 48 hours before returning

This is dependent on you being double jabbed, and your last jab must be more than 14 days from your travel date. Your passenger locator forms will ask for the order number of your day 2 test, so you can't just take any old test. Has to be one of the private tests, but can be done at home. Be aware these are so backlogged they'll take forever to arrive - I'm still waiting for my tests that I ordered for my travel in September, so expect that to be a formality and a waste of £60-£70, but without the order number you'll not be able to travel.

Don't forget your passenger locator form coming back - I did, had to buy another flight.

Thankyou.

Do you have to self isolate for ten days regardless of the above after you come back from holiday? This is the bit I couldn't get my head around either.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thankyou.

Do you have to self isolate for ten days regardless of the above after you come back from holiday? This is the bit I couldn't get my head around either.

No isolation required if you're double jabbed.

Also, forgot to add, you'll need to organise a fit-to-fly test in the country you're going to within 48 hours of your departure time.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fit to fly test not for all countries.

Self-isolate if you're double-jabbed not sure.

Day 2 test can be an LFT - about £15.

Fit to fly is for amber countries I believe, which most of the EU is. It's more about the colour the country is banded in than anything.

Edit: self-isolation rules apply for amber countries. Red would be different.

Edited by GboroRam
added last line

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

No isolation required if you're double jabbed.

Also, forgot to add, you'll need to organise a fit-to-fly test in the country you're going to within 48 hours of your departure time.

Thankyou. Would mean then the guy at work who just came back whom is in his twenties isn't double jabbed then.

43 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Re-read this.

Coming back from Spain - no test to fly out - fully vaccinated need a Day 2 test to confirm negative status. Can be a (cheaper) LFT or PCR.

If pinged then fully vaccinated do not need to isolate, so can only assume your mate wasn't and Day 5 test was for early release from 10 day isolation?

Anyway:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae#exemptions-from-self-isolation-for-contacts

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Re-read this.

Coming back from Spain - no test to fly out - fully vaccinated need a Day 2 test to confirm negative status. Can be a (cheaper) LFT or PCR.

If pinged then fully vaccinated do not need to isolate, so can only assume your mate wasn't and Day 5 test was for early release from 10 day isolation?

Anyway:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae#exemptions-from-self-isolation-for-contacts

Which means the rules have changed since September, which I'm not surprised by.

The rules change so much you might find you're travelling under different rules than they were when you started planning your trip. Throw a 6 to start.

20 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Fit to fly is for amber countries I believe, which most of the EU is. It's more about the colour the country is banded in than anything.

Edit: self-isolation rules apply for amber countries. Red would be different.

Fit to fly - you are wrong (edit:for fully vaccinated that is). There are NO amber countries any more. There are red list countries and different rules for non-fully vaccinated.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Edited by RoyMac5

@Tyler DurdenI get to travel quite a bit with work, I’ve been to Germany and Poland in the past few weeks. No fit to fly needed anymore either prior to leaving the UK or prior to coming back. You just your day 2 test which is now a lateral flow not a PCR.  You need to book the day two test prior to going as you need the reference for you PLF on return to the UK.

The big change I found (dependant on whom you fly with) is even though you can still check in on line you have to go to the desk so they can check all your docs (vaccinated status, PLF for your country of destination etc) also some countries like Germany require a paper copy of Vaccine status as well as the app!!!.

I would advise anyone travelling sign up for an account for the UK PLF, filling this in takes a while so any info you can get in up front is worth while. 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

@GboroRamducking difficult to follow what's what. But I was answering as for a fully vaccinated person. We're off to Lanzarote in a couple of weeks, so have been reading up! ?

Yes, I was thinking of my experience from a few weeks ago, and the rules have changed (yet haven't changed really much at all). The amber and red lists have changed into just a red list, effectively merging green and amber, if I recall. The rules pretty much match the amber rules as they were, I think.

Best to just read and read and read until you have it sorted. Then read it again. And again the day before you fly.

44 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Yes, I was thinking of my experience from a few weeks ago, and the rules have changed (yet haven't changed really much at all). The amber and red lists have changed into just a red list, effectively merging green and amber, if I recall. The rules pretty much match the amber rules as they were, I think.

Best to just read and read and read until you have it sorted. Then read it again. And again the day before you fly.

duck knows what you did if you were red/green colourblind?!!! ?