The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

53 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The UK one has proved to be no more harmful

Talking of twaddle! The UK variant spread like crazy throughout the Autumn and Winter and caused 1000s of deaths. But it's no more harmful?! Where is this proof of which you speak?

You continually rejected clear leading indicators of cases, then hospitalisations, saying there would be no 2nd wave and ridiculed expert predictions. Turns out you were massively wrong and the experts were right. Who would have thought it?

On 13/04/2021 at 09:02, David said:

Sister had the AZ vaccine, floored her.

Mum had the Pfizer, but of a sore arm but that’s it.

Friend had the Pfizer and absolutely no reaction or aches and pains.

Would be nice to have the choice, can understand why we’re not, just would be nice though.

Youngest had the Pfizer in February and no problems.

@Mrs Conehad the AZ on Saturday and has been ill ever since,feeling sick,not sleeping etc etc.

They won’t let me have one yet which doesn’t fill me with confidence but I shall have it regardless.

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Didn't take long for V2 of the Coronovirus thread to revert back to the same issues as the previous thread.....☹️

Thing is, you can't argue with the figures for people who aren't alive any more. A lot of people died last year compared with the normal.

Why do people think that was? Literally scared to death?

15 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Talking of twaddle! The UK variant spread like crazy throughout the Autumn and Winter and caused 1000s of deaths. But it's no more harmful?! Where is this proof of which you speak?

You continually rejected clear leading indicators of cases, then hospitalisations, saying there would be no 2nd wave and ridiculed expert predictions. Turns out you were massively wrong and the experts were right. Who would have thought it?

If you followed the “experts” simulations we would have all been dead by Christmas also you can make stats for any narrative just like our “experts did” 

Ps Do you want any more evidence on the UK variant or are these ok?

Anyway life’s returning to normal and all this will be a distant memory for those who let it be, if that doesn’t suit some then though poo. 

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Thing is, you can't argue with the figures for people who aren't alive any more. A lot of people died last year compared with the normal.

The point I was making was that the thread has quickly reverted back to "I'm right", "NO, I'm right!" arguments again - it's incredibly tiresome to see the same culprits having yet another pissing contest.....

25 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

As stated loads of times, you can make stats if any narrative. People make a living from it, especially in science. A lot more people died than normal, so what happened in 2003 when the deaths per 100k of the population were higher than 2020 (1019 vs 1016). Maybe Covid had a time machine? Unfortunately the stats can get holes shot in them all day.  

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

As stated loads of times, you can make stats if any narrative. People make a living from it, especially in science. A lot more people died than normal, so what happened in 2003 when the deaths per 100k of the population were higher than 2020 (1019 vs 1016). Maybe Covid had a time machine? Unfortunately the stats can get holes shot in them all day.  

It's possible to believe anything if you refuse to believe any evidence presented. 

29 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The point I was making was that the thread has quickly reverted back to "I'm right", "NO, I'm right!" arguments again - it's incredibly tiresome to see the same culprits having yet another pissing contest.....

But the narrative that none of this is necessary doesn't make sense. Why would the UK government, the Chinese government, the collective European governments etc etc etc lie and cripple all their economies if they didn't believe that there was a serious public health risk? That's what I'm being expected to believe. And that the excess mortality figures around the world aren't real. 

Why? Can anyone give me a reason that doesn't sound completely tinfoil hat territory? 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

But the narrative that none of this is necessary doesn't make sense. Why would the UK government, the Chinese government, the collective European governments etc etc etc lie and cripple all their economies if they didn't believe that there was a serious public health risk? That's what I'm being expected to believe. And that the excess mortality figures around the world aren't real. 

Why? Can anyone give me a reason that doesn't sound completely tinfoil hat territory? 

The problem is that we're all being manipulated by the media and politicians.  

The Guardian article that sparked this conversation was designed for its audience to get clicks, giving it a more balanced approach wouldn't have worked so well - or generated as much income.

The latest Project Veritas sting is a great example of this.  CNN have basically admitted that they were a propaganda wing of the Democrat party and there sole goal was, by hook or by crook, to get rid of Trump.  They also said (and to keep this on point) that after covid fatigue has died down the next thing they are going to go overboard on is the climate because and I quote 'fear sells'.  

There are very few balanced articles these days, we are all being shepherded camps and made to despise the opposition for profit and power. 

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It's possible to believe anything if you refuse to believe any evidence presented. 

I just did present evidence and you swerved it completely.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

The problem is that we're all being manipulated by the media and politicians.  

The Guardian article that sparked this conversation was designed for its audience to get clicks, giving it a more balanced approach wouldn't have worked so well - or generated as much income.

The latest Project Veritas sting is a great example of this.  CNN have basically admitted that they were a propaganda wing of the Democrat party and there sole goal was, by hook or by crook, to get rid of Trump.  They also said (and to keep this on point) that after covid fatigue has died down the next thing they are going to go overboard on is the climate because and I quote 'fear sells'.  

There are very few balanced articles these days, we are all being shepherded camps and made to despise the opposition for profit and power. 

I don't disagree with you. But none of that answers why world governments have tanked their economies, or why excess mortality is through the roof since q2 last year. 

There's an issue with sensationalism in the media, but it long predates covid. I don't know about US media politics, but is CNN just the flip side of Fox Media? 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Depends what you call evidence. I've not seen any regarding excess deaths other than a dismissal of official statistics without any reason. 

The excess deaths per population are less than in 2003. I don’t remember being locked in my house in 2002/2003 due to a deadly virus. So we’re the deaths really excessive ? Statistics don’t show they were when you compare past non pandemic years. And before you say yeah “that’s just one year” so is 2020, so explain to me what 2003 was higher? 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

The excess deaths per population are less than in 2003. I don’t remember being locked in my house in 2002/2003 due to a deadly virus. So we’re the deaths really excessive ? Statistics don’t show they were when you compare past non pandemic years. And before you say yeah “that’s just one year” so is 2020, so explain to me what 2003 was higher? 

Fair enough, it's a point of view I guess. Need to understand 2003 to compare. 

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Doesn’t really matter, still less deaths than us and had their freedom throughout, you’d have taken that would you? I would of

ps no lockdown, no mask, no social distancing Texas is doing ok, still no explanations from the ITK cult of Covid army. 

I just don't get your point Texas, never will I suppose.  Covid kills, if you are content with so be it but you must be a cold hearted....

Masks and controls reduce infections allowing hospitals to concentrate on helping people recover.  If the number of people ending up in hospital is spread over a longer period of time then those that are in trouble get better care.

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't disagree with you. But none of that answers why world governments have tanked their economies, or why excess mortality is through the roof since q2 last year. 

There's an issue with sensationalism in the media, but it long predates covid. I don't know about US media politics, but is CNN just the flip side of Fox Media? 

It’s a vicious circle the politicians are beaten by the scaremongering MSM for not doing enough so they go over the top. And Covid is the king of all over reactions, the likes I hope we never see again. However I think so many have been scared and brainwashed it will most definitely happen again. 

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I just don't get your point Texas, never will I suppose.  Covid kills, if you are content with so be it but you must be a cold hearted....

Masks and controls reduce infections allowing hospitals to concentrate on helping people recover.  If the number of people ending up in hospital is spread over a longer period of time then those that are in trouble get better care.

Of course I’m not content, however  a poster called me out saying Sweden is not doing well. I just responded saying they have done better than us without the restrictions we’ve lived with. 

Are you saying you wouldn’t want less people dying and still be able to live to fairly normal way of life like in Sweden? If so thats a bit odd? 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Of course I’m not content, however  a poster called me out saying Sweden is not doing well. I just responded saying they have done better than us without the restrictions we’ve lived with. 

Are you saying you wouldn’t want less people dying and still be able to live to fairly normal way of life like in Sweden? If so thats a bit odd? 

this is my view I am not getting into the tennis that was played in the first version.  

I read that Sweden changed direction after the first wave because they recognised it was wrong

I read that brazil are in a terrible position because the leader is a denier.

I believe that wearing masks and applying other controls has saved many lives of those who required hospital treatment.