The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

?

is that a place called “Secret Garden”, or is it a Garden in Notts that you wish to keep secret?! 

Trinity Square, Nottm. Moved onto Pitcher and Piano now, it's lovely and warm out too!

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Is that the old church? Why you drinking over the dark side? You going to Hooters? 

It's 2 minutes walk from Belgo, where you can get decent Belgian beer (or you used to be able to in the beforetimes).

Edit: They've gone bust. I was doing my bit, but it was not enough.

Edited by Eddie

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

What’s with people booking days off after their jabs?

Surely half of the problem is thinking you’re going to get symptoms.

I had my AZ on the Sunday back at work next day.

Weirdly, though due to other health issues i have to inject on a regular basis(no dodgy comments please) so i am used to injections both self administered and the big ones at the Docs but the  AZ vax floored me for two days, fortunately i am working from home at present so no days off BOO. 

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

What’s with people booking days off after their jabs?

Surely half of the problem is thinking you’re going to get symptoms.

I had my AZ on the Sunday back at work next day.

Some at our place have booked a day off in case they have a reaction. They are taking Holiday instead of risking being ill and not getting paid for it. Sick pay only kicks in after 3 days absence.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Some at our place have booked a day off in case they have a reaction. They are taking Holiday instead of risking being ill and not getting paid for it. Sick pay only kicks in after 3 days absence.

They take the bloody biscuit mate.

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Is that the old church? Why you drinking over the dark side? You going to Hooters? 

Yes it's the old church.

Hooters is the most overrated bar in Nottingham absolutely awful. The name is the only semi decent thing about the whole joint.

With many businesses reopening today. I found it strange that people started queuing in the early hours of the morning outside the likes of Primark.

I can understand the urge to have a pint or get a haircut, at the first opportunity. But why the urgent need to buy some clothes?

On 09/04/2021 at 20:24, TexasRam said:

It is very variable, all my mates living in Derby the same age as me (43) have had theirs. Me residing on the dark side of the Trent (well on the border) am still waiting, I’ve tired booking online but it’s still over 50’s. 

I know 3 people in there twenties who had the jab in Leicester last week .  Open house for booking at the hospital as the turn up for Pfizer shots was so low and future booking was so low. 

5 hours ago, I DONT MIND said:

Weirdly, though due to other health issues i have to inject on a regular basis(no dodgy comments please) so i am used to injections both self administered and the big ones at the Docs but the  AZ vax floored me for two days, fortunately i am working from home at present so no days off BOO. 

I had brainache for 3 days. I'm told that the second dose is usually without reaction - 2 weeks to go for me.

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

With many businesses reopening today. I found it strange that people started queuing in the early hours of the morning outside the likes of Primark.

I can understand the urge to have a pint or get a haircut, at the first opportunity. But why the urgent need to buy some clothes?

Even sillier, queues for TKMaxx.

There's clothes - and then there's wrong way round baseball caps.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's interesting,  I was expecting it to feel worse. Hope they're right! 

I heard, if you've had Covid, the first vaccination is enough to spike a reaction because of the volume of antibodies in your system, and the second won't make much difference. If you haven't had Covid, the first isn't really that much but the second pushes it up and you're more likely to have a bit of a reaction. Dunno if it's true or not.

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I heard, if you've had Covid, the first vaccination is enough to spike a reaction because of the volume of antibodies in your system, and the second won't make much difference. If you haven't had Covid, the first isn't really that much but the second pushes it up and you're more likely to have a bit of a reaction. Dunno if it's true or not.

I like @Eddie's theory better!