The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 hours ago, sage said:

If we don't make masks mandatory by the end of the month, we will end up with another lockdown by the end of the year.  

And if we don’t have another lockdown by the end of the year will end up with another lockdown next year??‍♂️
I see there are predictions of 70 k flu deaths this year linked to the supposed non existence of flu last year due to covid measures ,over 70 k deaths in the home not from covid during covid measures, countless deaths going forward from other causes due to covid measures , supposed millions of deaths from climate change stated on here ,

can’t we just pass a law against dieing ??‍♂️

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know the whole B word debate is in the past, but whichever way you voted, the implementation has been dire. The lack of planning is just abysmal.

Starting to consider leaving this country, but not sure where too.

Seeing as we're in the coronavirus thread, how about Australia?

10 hours ago, 1of4 said:

So it's not lack of drivers, that's holding up the supply chains. It's the ports being unable to process the shipping containers from ship to lorry quick enough. Is this due to the inability of the cranes, shunting trucks, ect. to move the containers fast enough or is it like with many businesses, down to the amount of paperwork that has to be completed before anything can happen?

It's the whole process, you could always do with more drivers but you need to use the ones you do have more effectively and not leave them sitting around for hours on end. Some ports have more technology to assist in the processing of containers, London Gateway for example is pretty new. The whole world has a problem with the supply chain and the recovery from Covid. The shipping lines are profiteering and that is pushing costs through the roof. 

The paperwork has not changed when you are importing from Asia and India etc. There is always loads of it but the UK does have one of the most efficient customs systems where everything is electronic bar a few documents that still need to be presented. So no, paperwork, is not the issue. It's volumes and speed. 

Felixstowe, I believe was suffering from 1000s of Gov containers containing PPE that were left quayside. 

The USA is suffering huge delays at places like San Diego and LA as well. 

I was at a glitzy industry awards dinner last night in London. Accepting an award, actually, but one doesn't like to brag?.

Anyway, 400 odd people in a hotel function suite, no social distancing (though there was a decent gap between tables), no masks. It was bloody brilliant to be "normal" again. Made a few good new contacts. So much better face-to-face.

I'll be doing a couple of LFT's over the weekend, just in case.

BTW both of my parents ended up catching it in the last couple of weeks. Last day of isolation is today and apart from a slight lingering cough for my mum, they've both had 3-4 days of relatively mild flu symptoms. Both late 70's & double jabbed.

12 hours ago, sage said:

If we don't make masks mandatory by the end of the month, we will end up with another lockdown by the end of the year.  

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

1 hour ago, sage said:

Cases have just started going up again. Admissions will follow. Then deaths. 

I’m not so sure it will follow the same correlation this time. I can only comment anecdotally but I know far more people now who have contracted Covid than in the 1st and 2nd wave (including myself). Of all those I know have had it, although Ill for a few days not one needed hospitalisation. The majority were double jabbed, so maybe it will do its job and we won’t see so much adverse effects of the virus this time. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I’m not so sure it will follow the same correlation this time. I can only comment anecdotally but I know far more people now who have contracted Covid than in the 1st and 2nd wave (including myself). Of all those I know have had it, although Ill for a few days not one needed hospitalisation. The majority were double jabbed, so maybe it will do its job and we won’t see so much adverse effects of the virus this time. 

I really hope not. The added issue is the amount of NHS staff that are off or isolating. That also puts strain on the NHS. We already have 4 hour waits in A&E. The worst since records began.

What is wrong about wearing masks in shops and on public transport? How does it affect the individual and the economy?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Reasonably flat

image.thumb.png.2699366aa39040152f3b460afa207a7c.png

its gone up around 20% in the last 30 days. 

As we are also potentially looking at a really bad flu season , what is wrong with wearing masks in shops and on public transport?

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I really hope not. The added issue is the amount of NHS staff that are off or isolating. That also puts strain on the NHS. We already have 4 hour waits in A&E. The worst since records began.

What is wrong about wearing masks in shops and on public transport? How does it affect the individual and the economy?

Nothing wrong with it if that’s what people want to do. I personally don’t think it should be mandatory.