The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Don't be so down, of cause we've learned something during the pandemic. We've learned if you donate to the tory party, you'll be given millions of pounds of taxpayers money in return.

Joking aside, I honestly can't help it bud. It's depressing AF.

13 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

The wife had to leave her ward to walk over and get her flub jab today. She said there were 20 ambulances in line to drop patients off with Covid and paramedics were having to deal with some.

I'm not sure how she knew and she's not home yet to ask, but she's no BSer, she leaves that to me.

This hasn't gone away.

No, it certainly hasn't.   Heard from another mate last night that his son,who is at the same school as my daughter, but different year, has just tested positive.  I seem to have a cough this morning (been niggling for a few days though) but taking a LFT this morning, it says I'm negative. 

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ah, but back then it was 'politicising the pandemic' and anyone guilty of this heinous crime was quite rightly derided ?

It's a genuine tragedy that it's taken 100 thousand deaths for us all to arrive at at something vaguely akin to a consensus, but in broader terms, nothing has really changed. Climate change is the next hill on which we'll die and in our millions too, because we've learned nothing from this pandemic, nothing at all.

We are already dying in our millions because of climate change.

Just not here.

Yet.

On 12/10/2021 at 13:38, ariotofmyown said:

For the next crisis, is it too much to ask that we have people in charge like former CEOs of large companies? Or people who have led major organisations, either public or private? Our once enviable democracy doesn't really seem fit for purpose at the moment. 

I propose the former CEO's of HBOS and Carillion.

On 13/10/2021 at 08:02, BucksRam said:

No, it certainly hasn't.   Heard from another mate last night that his son,who is at the same school as my daughter, but different year, has just tested positive.  I seem to have a cough this morning (been niggling for a few days though) but taking a LFT this morning, it says I'm negative

Ok scratch that.  Still have a cough. Test done this morning and it's now positive ?  As is my wife and other daughter, so we are officially a plague house.  Just been and had a drive-in PCR test.  Fortunately my wife and I have both been double jabbed so fingers crossed the symptoms we have, which are essentially cough (for me only), a stuffy head, stiff necks and some breathlessness (for my asthmatic wife) are manageable.  If this is the worst we get having been jabbed, then I'll take that (remembering how ill we both were in Jan '20 before COVID was a thing, with my wife ending up in hospital).  Saddest thing is my wife had a booster jab booked in for Saturday which she'll now need to cancel. 

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Ok scratch that.  Still have a cough. Test done this morning and it's now positive ?  As is my wife and other daughter, so we are officially a plague house.  Just been and had a drive-in PCR test.  Fortunately my wife and I have both been double jabbed so fingers crossed the symptoms we have, which are essentially cough (for me only), a stuffy head, stiff necks and some breathlessness (for my asthmatic wife) are manageable.  If this is the worst we get having been jabbed, then I'll take that (remembering how ill we both were in Jan '20 before COVID was a thing, with my wife ending up in hospital).  Saddest thing is my wife had a booster jab booked in for Saturday which she'll now need to cancel. 

Hope you two buck up soon ?

3 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Hope you're all feeling better soon mate 

17 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Good News story for a change ?

Always pleasing to hear good news during these turbulent times. Just hope that his along with all those other new companies are still flourishing this time next year. Or it may have been better if he'd spent his money on training as a HGV driver. I hear companies are prepared to pay drivers up to £70,000.

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Always pleasing to hear good news during these turbulent times. Just hope that his along with all those other new companies are still flourishing this time next year. Or it may have been better if he'd spent his money on training as a HGV driver. I hear companies are prepared to pay drivers up to £70,000.

Given the training of hgv drivers was halted, the massive backlog in processing licience mainly due to the stay home brigade , I’m not so sure he may have?‍♂️

59 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We’ve got plenty of HGV drivers but they spend most of their day sat doing nothing either waiting to load or unload. It’s taking 6 to 8 hours to get a container off the docks.. And that’s just to pull the bloody thing.

My wife's firm has £120k of lockers awaiting unloading, already months late.

Moored up outside the port, awaiting a slot to dock and unload, and have been for weeks.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Nothing is more poorly run than a British port.. Felixstowe is so out of date.

So it's not lack of drivers, that's holding up the supply chains. It's the ports being unable to process the shipping containers from ship to lorry quick enough. Is this due to the inability of the cranes, shunting trucks, ect. to move the containers fast enough or is it like with many businesses, down to the amount of paperwork that has to be completed before anything can happen?

45 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So it's not lack of drivers, that's holding up the supply chains. It's the ports being unable to process the shipping containers from ship to lorry quick enough. Is this due to the inability of the cranes, shunting trucks, ect. to move the containers fast enough or is it like with many businesses, down to the amount of paperwork that has to be completed before anything can happen?

I know the whole B word debate is in the past, but whichever way you voted, the implementation has been dire. The lack of planning is just abysmal.

Starting to consider leaving this country, but not sure where too.

55 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know the whole B word debate is in the past, but whichever way you voted, the implementation has been dire. The lack of planning is just abysmal.

Starting to consider leaving this country, but not sure where too.

I saw on the news last night that America are having exactly the same problems as us, have they left the EU too?

I would have thought the pandemic was the more likely link?