The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 minute ago, sage said:

ooooh Bit defensive aren't we? 

Perhaps it's an indication we could have done something different. Perhaps shown some of the caution many on here wanted.

Perhaps stuck with masks on public transport. Maybe not sent kids back to school for 1 day in January, relaxed school rules 1 week before the 6 week hols. offered teens vaccines 3 weeks before school returned not 3 weeks after. Just little things.

There is plenty of scope between lockdown and the poo show we have now.  

So what's your point? 

You want more restrictions now? 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

So what's your point? 

You want more restrictions now? 

You seem a little prickly still. just quoted some salient facts.  

It is obvious that we have cocked this up. A public inquiry next year would be good. Hold people to account, learn from mistakes,

In the meantime, compulsory mask wearing on public transport would be a start. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

You seem a little prickly still. just quoted some salient facts.  

It is obvious that we have cocked this up. A public inquiry next year would be good. Hold people to account, learn from mistakes,

In the meantime, compulsory mask wearing on public transport would be a start. 

Direct questions get direct answers. 

Nothing wrong with your suggestion or venting about decisions made 10 months a go. Just wondered what your point was. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Direct questions get direct answers. 

Nothing wrong with your suggestion or venting about decisions made 10 months a go. Just wondered what your point was. 

do you disagree on masks or that those decisions were mistakes? 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

do you disagree on masks or that those decisions were mistakes? 

No. I think people should wear masks on public transport. Disagree for it to be mandatory. 

Do I disagree those decisions were mistakes? No. 

Edited by Norman

Just now, Norman said:

No. I think people should wear masks on public transport. Disagree for it to be mandatory. 

Do I disagree those decisions were mistakes? Yes. 

When it was mandatory, people wore them, now its not, the majority don't. 

55 minutes ago, sage said:

ooooh Bit defensive aren't we? 

Perhaps it's an indication we could have done something different. Perhaps shown some of the caution many on here wanted.

Perhaps stuck with masks on public transport. Maybe not sent kids back to school for 1 day in January, relaxed school rules 1 week before the 6 week hols. offered teens vaccines 3 weeks before school returned not 3 weeks after. Just little things.

There is plenty of scope between lockdown and the poo show we have now.  

The poo show we have now???? Deaths and hospitalisation at a tiny tiny fraction whilst positive tests are supposedly high meaning we are either

A, over testing

B , tests not very accurate 

C , building up natural immunity in vast vast numbers whilst deaths and hospitalisation s are on a par with flu , is covid even in the top ten of killers ??‍♂️

yeah real poo show , let’s get those draconian measures back and destroy more lives

Edited by Archied

On 04/10/2021 at 10:38, maxjam said:

The problem with this argument is that is doesn't take into account that people have their jabs at different times. 

Covid is still rampant in the community and just as you entering your 10 week golden period others are coming out of it and 10 weeks of some people being less infectious than others doesn't really achieve anything other than kicking the problem down the road a bit - which is what Australia and New Zealand are experiencing now.

Sooner or later everyone will be 12 weeks passed their second jab, covid will still be around and any suppression will have only been temporary. 

Am I right in assuming that you are not vaccinated?

53 minutes ago, sage said:

When it was mandatory, people wore them, now its not, the majority don't. 

Went to Morrisons yesterday. We saw two other people wearing masks. Both elderly, as the Memsahib and I are.

Is it the case that younger people are stupid, irresponsible or both?

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Went to Morrisons yesterday. We saw two other people wearing masks. Both elderly, as the Memsahib and I are.

I take it that was in Derby. In Beloer its still 60% wearing them. Mainly young adults who aren't.

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

27 minutes ago, sage said:

I take it that was in Derby. In Beloer its still 60% wearing them. Mainly young adults who aren't.

I think when you're allowed to go into nightclubs without restrictions you kind of forget that face masks even exist.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

38 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes, Derby. It's dropped off drastically over the last couple of weeks from 80% wearing to 80% not wearing, at a guess. On Sunday, we were the only mask-wearers on the bus to Derby and the subsequent bus to Ashbourne.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

If you want to bring personal experience into it, I'd say the older generation are the more reluctant mask wearers from my experience.

Is it the case older people are stupid, irresponsible or both?

Not one older person on the bus from the Tap on Saturday or Wednesday were wearing a mask, while their grandkids and kids mostly were.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

If you want to bring personal experience into it, I'd say the older generation are the more reluctant mask wearers from my experience.

Is it the case older people are stupid, irresponsible or both?

Not one older person on the bus from the Tap on Saturday or Wednesday were wearing a mask, while their grandkids and kids mostly were.

I take it you weren't wearing a mask then old chap

I have been to two indoor gigs in the last couple of weeks. Relatively small venues, 200-300 attendees at both. Nobody wearing masks including myself. I recognise it a risk, but taken the view that I am vaccinated and that life is for the living. Of all things in these COVID times live music is what I have missed most. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

What has my vaccination status got to do with having opinions on a forum?

If the opinions being aired are on the effectiveness of the vaccination, then I'd have thought the vaccination status of a poster is very relevant

Me I've no qualms about people knowing I've had two doses of the vaccine. For what it matters I've already had this year's annual flu jab and will have the covid booster jab as soon as I'm eligible to get it.

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Or perhaps scapegoats to be bashed