The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

All the anti-vax posts should be deemed unacceptable. Again:

The 3 that have died here recently were all double jabbed.  Clinically vulnerable eh, well that's a vague concept right there.  All those who had Covid and died, officially died from Covid, no matter their clinical vulnerability, but the double jabbed one's who died from Covid died because of their clinical vulnerability.  Is anyone seeing through this?

53 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many vaccinated people with serious health conditions died? How many unvaccinated without serious health conditions died ? 
maybe all anti balanced stats should be deemed unacceptable, 

19 minutes ago, Archied said:

How many vaccinated people with serious health conditions died? How many unvaccinated without serious health conditions died ? 
maybe all anti balanced stats should be deemed unacceptable, 

The other stats by health condition are available from the NHS reports. 

68DC2F77-1111-4D58-BE26-FFDBA10D428E.jpeg

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Read the headline. Think of other people before you spout your own nonsense.

Oh yeah forgot , don’t be insensitive, that’s only a one way street , been reading headlines for almost two years now and I reckon I’ve got a handle on headlines and the headline writers 

13 minutes ago, Archied said:

Deaths involving covid ? Is that a new way of saying from any cause within 28 days of a positive test?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021

Deaths involving COVID-19

For this analysis we define a death as involving COVID-19 if either of the ICD-10 codes U07.1 (COVID-19, virus identified) or U07.2 (COVID-19, virus not identified) is mentioned on the death certificate. In contrast to the definition used in the weekly deaths release, deaths where the ICD-10 code U09.9 (post-COVID condition, where the acute COVID-19 had ended before the condition immediately causing death occurred) is mentioned on the death certificate and neither of the other two COVID-19 codes are mentioned are not included, as they are likely to be the result of an infection caught a long time previously, and therefore not linked to the vaccination status of the person at date of death. Deaths involving U10.9 (multisystem inflammatory syndrome associated with COVID-19) where U07.1 or U07.2 are mentioned are also excluded. This is a rare complication affecting children, and there are no such deaths in our dataset for the data released in Deaths involving COVID-19 by vaccination status, England: deaths occurring between 2 January and 2 July 2021. 

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So, basically, COVID is almost 50 times more likely to kill the unvaccinated, as compared to the double-vaccinated.

Wait but the "Other deaths" column shows that you are far more likely to die of something non-covid related if you HAVE been vaccinated

So on that basis I reckon the unvaccinated have got the right idea ?

24 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Wait but the "Other deaths" column shows that you are far more likely to die of something non-covid related if you HAVE been vaccinated

So on that basis I reckon the unvaccinated have got the right idea ?

Given survival rate was 98% plus before vaccines I’m ok for people to make they’re own choice , smugness kills?

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I saw this headline going around the other day - it does take a bit of a liberty though in how its worded...

For example, only approx 8% of the population had been double jabbed by April 6th, 30% by May 16th and still (just) less than 50% by end of June - or the first 6 months of the year.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=GBR

Also, the data has removed clinically vulnerable people that had been included in the death statistics previously.

More accurate official Public Health England data (for the past few weeks at 60%+ double jabbed) can be found here (p. 18-19);

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1016465/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_36.pdf

Whilst is shows that the vaccines are working it does also show us that covid is still effecting the over 80s far worse than the under 80s - with the under 50s and certainly the under 30s whether vaccinated or not getting off very lightly. 

Manipulating the figures to spin the article wasn't very honest, but they are journalists so what its par for the course.

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

Given survival rate was 98% plus before vaccines I’m ok for people to make they’re own choice , smugness kills?

I don't mind that - provided they take precautions not to spray their COVID-infected sputum and snot on others. The easiest way to do that, of course, is to wear a bloody mask.