The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm not sure why that and posts about NI contributions is ALL you can see. I can see lots more. Are people blocking you? ?

Can't block me, I'm unblockable mwhahaha

Similarly, I'm not sure why you're bothered about a bunch of adults discussing Covid or even politics. I genuinely cannot remember reporting a post in this thread (maybe I have and I just forgot) and for the most part I'm not sure why others do.

Why? Because it's the topic that requires the most moderation on the forum with petty squabbles. Not something I saw coming when creating a Derby County forum.

Anyway, that's just a badgers opinion and I hope you got the donation I sent you on Monday. I never had a receipt or even a message saying thanks, so I wasn't sure.

I'm not sure, as it doesn't get processed through he forum itself, I only get an email to say I've received funds and a note if left. 

You should have received an email from PayPal if it went through, but I will thank you now if one of them was you, very much appreciated

5 hours ago, David said:

Can't block me, I'm unblockable mwhahaha

Why? Because it's the topic that requires the most moderation on the forum with petty squabbles. Not something I saw coming when creating a Derby County forum.

I'm not sure, as it doesn't get processed through he forum itself, I only get an email to say I've received funds and a note if left. 

You should have received an email from PayPal if it went through, but I will thank you now if one of them was you, very much appreciated

I definitely get the moderation malarkey. A shame some threads can't just be enter at your peril and unless somebody gets out and out abusive you let people get on with it.

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

The problem with this thread and pandemic in general is that it affects people differently, you can't just post your opinion else you get torn to shreds so you have to post stats, studies, articles etc to back your opinions up - we can then argue over the merits of those than each other.

Whilst we've known about a lot of these things for months we can still argue against them.  We are probably all entrenched in our views but that doesn't stop us speaking up when new data arises that confirms our point of view - new evidence against child vaccination or news that the vaccinated can transmit covid at similar rates to the unvaccinated nullifying the passport argument for example. 

The Govt has flip-flopped enough during the past couple of years that nothing is ever really finished and if you believe strongly enough about something when new info or talking points arise this thread will continue to rumble on.

I think we're a lot better behaved in general than we were in the old politics thread and respect each others opinions, you'll even find people such as @Stive Pesley and I agreeing at times ? but sometimes you have to dig your heals in and stand up for what you personally believe is right which occasionally leads to rubbing people up the wrong way. 

Personally, I'm not going to apologise for being against passports and vaccinating under 18s.  I'll agree to differ with a lot of things but these are my battle lines!  I'll be respectful and polite whilst we're arguing but you're gonna have to have a very, very good argument to get me to back down.

For me the conspiracy theorist ,anti vaxer slurs are what spoils things ,you just aren’t allowed to be of the opinion that there’s a virus but not agree with the handling of it ,same with vaccines , you either have to be fully on board or your full on anti vaxer ,for me it’s clear the vaccines have pros and cons dependant on who needs to be vaccinated and the governments handling of getting as many people comfortable and on board with having the jab ,

I also enjoyed the politics topic but some as on here at times feel it’s ok to just be full on offensive so impossible to have the topic I suppose??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I definitely get the moderation malarkey. A shame some threads can't just be enter at your peril and unless somebody gets out and out abusive you let people get on with it.

You do realise this is a public forum, don't you? The same rules apply here as they do across wider society. 

Anyway, what some people find acceptable others find offensive. I've seen some of your posts in the joke thread. ??‍♀️

21 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

So the threads get 'ruled' by bullies who can shout loudest.

I prefer with moderation, and you can always ask why of the mods if one of your posts disappears. If it's not off topic then learn to express your opinion differently?

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

You do realise this is a public forum, don't you? The same rules apply here as they do across wider society. 

Anyway, what some people find acceptable others find offensive. I've seen some of your posts in the joke thread. ??‍♀️

I thought it was a members forum.

I see public forums as ones where there's no need to register.

I run a bunch of Facebook groups and they're all private.

Anybody can apply to join, but people are quickly ejected or denied entry if they're clearly looking to market to the members.

I'm on an LA Rams board with several thousand members that short of death threats, nothing gets deleted and it's surprisingly civilised.

Itwas just a thought and as I said before, getting offended is a choice and not a very smart one to make when it's just some faceless person on the internet spouting off like me.

Anyway, we have football to watch!

schitts creek no GIF by CBC

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So the threads get 'ruled' by bullies who can shout loudest.

I prefer with moderation, and you can always ask why of the mods if one of your posts disappears. If it's not off topic then learn to express your opinion differently?

I rarely notice of one of my posts gets deleted and I don't think I've ever messaged a moderator since I got warned a couple of years ago.

There's an ignore option and there is the option to  just scroll past.

People/bullies will soon get bored if nobody is engaging with them.

They feed off winding people up and the only way they know they do that is for people to express their offence.

I seem to have dragged this thread off topic.

Sorry.

I really am going now.

Honest.

12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I rarely notice of one of my posts gets deleted and I don't think I've ever messaged a moderator since I got warned a couple of years ago.

There's an ignore option and there is the option to  just scroll past.

People/bullies will soon get bored if nobody is engaging with them.

They feed off winding people up and the only way they know they do that is for people to express their offence.

I seem to have dragged this thread off topic.

Sorry.

I really am going now.

Honest.

I don't think posters should be encouraged/allowed to post what they want in a free-for-all. Being objectionable becomes normalised.

Bye.

23 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Anybody can apply to join, but people are quickly ejected or denied entry if they're clearly looking to market to the members.

I'm on an LA Rams board with several thousand members that short of death threats, nothing gets deleted and it's surprisingly civilised.

Itwas just a thought and as I said before, getting offended is a choice and not a very smart one to make when it's just some faceless person on the internet spouting off like me.

This is a public forum- you don't have to be logged in or a member to read, so not like your Facebook groups.

You're free to go post elsewhere if you don't like the rules. 

Enjoy the game! 

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

You're free to go post elsewhere if you don't like the rules. 

I'm fairly ambivalent and I've certainly never complained about the rules and I never bother the moderators with DMs whining, so that was all a bit random telling me I can go somewhere else.

I was merely offering an idle thought, I didn't for one minute expect a free for all.

Maybe read my bio.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I actually think you're a big softie just MASKerading (see what I did there to bring us back on topic) as a miserable old git.

I am as tolerant as the next person. Unfortunately, given the mess I'm currently making in the kitchen, the next (nearest) person to me is the Memsahib (henceforth known as the sous-chef), who has just transmogrified into a psychopath.

Edited by Eddie

16 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Whilst you have to register to post, this is still classed as a public forum. Everything can be read from kids, to players and Police.

Running private Facebook groups isn't really comparable as we have running costs to consider, many of the forum rules are in place from advertising partners. 

I've had several warnings from Google over the years for sexual content which at times has been nothing more than a bikini.

We do display some adverts for Derby County which despite popular belief have come without any kind of content t&c's, however we do want to appeal to more local businesses that may.

We lose advertising, we lose the forum, simple as that so we have to moderate, and in fairness want to. The DET which became a free for all is a large part of why this forum exists today.

Facebook has its own terms, however unless someone in your private group starts to mass report content you are free to do as you please. 

I mean the Taliban have been using Facebook until recently banned.

These larger corporations get away with a lot more than us small fry, we have to be proactive with moderation where they can be reactive as it's a huge platform that advertisers will always return to.

Saying that the Police are starting to be more active in prosecuting for content posted online. I know for a fact that the Police check football forums regularly for potential issues at games, where fans are planning to meet up, rivalry etc.

The tl;dr to all this is basically moderation gives this forum a future that we want it to have.