The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

19 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

unless of course:

People with the app
Last Week: 30M
This Week: 2M

Unless I am mistaken the app doesn’t test for Covid. And if you mean less people having the app means more people in danger, a reduction in cases seems to suggest not. 

27 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Unless I am mistaken the app doesn’t test for Covid. And if you mean less people having the app means more people in danger, a reduction in cases seems to suggest not. 

Well it was meant as a joke, but as you evidently need it explaining:

Less people with the app means less people being pinged - which means less people isolating or having tests - which would potentially mean less identified cases as a larger number will be carrying on regardless and not be aware they've got it (so actual cases may be be higher if less people are having tests).

The stats you quoted look positive, but without supporting explanation are meaningless.....

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't have a smartphone is my vaccine card sufficient for my vaccine passport?

How do you not have a smartphone, these days that’s like admitting you don’t have a pair of lungs, especially at your age.

Not one of these doing everything not to be tracked by the government are you?

51 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Well it was meant as a joke, but as you evidently need it explaining:

Less people with the app means less people being pinged - which means less people isolating or having tests - which would potentially mean less identified cases as a larger number will be carrying on regardless and not be aware they've got it (so actual cases may be be higher if less people are having tests).

The stats you quoted look positive, but without supporting explanation are meaningless.....

As jokes go, I’ll give you a 4/10. Case numbers are meaningless anyway, just thought I’d post the latest ones 

If Tesco Ashby is the barometer of public opinion, people think the pandemic is over.

We dropped in to do a mini-shop on our way back from holiday a couple of hours ago, and counted 20 or so adults not wearing facemasks, and none of the three people entering the store in front of us took advantage of the sanitising station.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If Tesco Ashby is the barometer of public opinion, people think the pandemic is over.

We dropped in to do a mini-shop on our way back from holiday a couple of hours ago, and counted 20 or so adults not wearing facemasks, and none of the three people entering the store in front of us took advantage of the sanitising station.

Sounds like quite a fun Friday night, counting people not wearing masks.

I much prefer it when you are just abusing people if I'm honest.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What laws were broken here? Wait, you’re on the wind up again aren’t you?!.

Edited by QuitYourJibbaJivin

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Isn’t it now recommend to continue with these measures? Tesco recommend you wear a mask, I recommend Tesco give me my shopping for free………

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

positive news

UK coronavirus cases
Last Thursday: 48,553
Yesterday: 39,906

Last Friday: 51,870
Today: 36,389

This is amazing good news and so unexpected. 

As David pointed out, the real test now will be the figures this time next week. That's about when the impact of this coming weekends pub and nightclub mixing will filter into the data.

Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

This is amazing good news and so unexpected. 

As David pointed out, the real test now will be the figures this time next week. That's about when the impact of this coming weekends pub and nightclub mixing will filter into the data.

Fingers crossed.

Absolutely the next few weeks will be a good view of how things may be, fingers crossed ? 

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sounds like quite a fun Friday night, counting people not wearing masks.

I much prefer it when you are just abusing people if I'm honest.

Your masochism is noted for future reference.

30 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

What laws were broken here? Wait, you’re on the wind up again aren’t you?!.

It was just an observation, and not an attempt to wind anybody up.

The contrast between what we observed in Cornwall over the previous few days and our first stop following a 300 mile drive was quite striking. While on holiday we travelled extensively on public transport, went in bars, went in shops and it was quite a rarity to see people in crowded environments not wearing masks, not making at least a token gesture towards social distancing or not generally respecting others so we felt 'relatively safe'. The bars were still insisting upon the use of QR code check-in, little shops were still limiting numbers and so on. Ashby seemed to be a free-for-all, with people shouting at assistants because there were no bloody cucumbers, for goodness sake.

The irony of the last part is that the two stout individuals giving the assistant a hard time looked as though they'd never seen a salad in the last 30 years.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Been to Tesco twice, co op and spar today, could still count the number of maskless on one hand.

Not sure if it’s area, time or what but I’m seeing mixed reports on social media ??‍♂️

Ashby might be the Pole of Inconsiderate Stupidity

Edited by Eddie