The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

13 hours ago, Rev said:

First day back at work after isolating. Masks are now required everywhere except your machine, never had to wear them before.

Mask, safety goggles and a temperature of 38c in an old glass roofed Victorian mill with no opening windows was not nice.

If they really wanted to protect their workers they should introduce some ventilation. 

9 hours ago, David said:

Probably shouldn’t post this. But tonight I’ve had to deal with my cousin posting on Facebook wanting to take his own life with long Covid.

100 miles away, having to phone the police, get them round is not how I planned my night.

Scary how it’s messing good people. Take it seriously please.

0F6D758E-658C-4B62-AFAA-3B34B3A4A5AB.png

Hope he's sorted now, David. 

There's a lot of help out there, but it often takes a crisis like this to access it. 

Yeah sorry about posting that, was just going out my mind and I guess hoping for any kind of suggestions.

Got my Dad to ring his parents, couldn’t get through so rang the police. As I did that his mate turned up to the house followed by the police, wasn’t there which sent us all into panic more.

His mate stayed at the house, ringing all his other mates. Rolled up to the house pissed out his face crying. 

I know he’s been struggling with long Covid, didn’t think it was that bad. Woke up to a message from him, no thanks but pissed off I got his parents involved and then blocked me. Nice. 

I know I did the right thing, one day he will realise that. What a mess.

43 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah sorry about posting that, was just going out my mind and I guess hoping for any kind of suggestions.

Got my Dad to ring his parents, couldn’t get through so rang the police. As I did that his mate turned up to the house followed by the police, wasn’t there which sent us all into panic more.

His mate stayed at the house, ringing all his other mates. Rolled up to the house pissed out his face crying. 

I know he’s been struggling with long Covid, didn’t think it was that bad. Woke up to a message from him, no thanks but pissed off I got his parents involved and then blocked me. Nice. 

You stepped.up and took action. It takes courage to do that. The part of him that posted on Facebook must have hoped for some help (because there are other ways to say goodbye), even if another part of him is angry that people intervened. Not saying he didn't intend to do it, but perhaps some doubt. Various serious situation, our mental health is also a public health crisis.

Hope you are OK David, it's a very dark and disturbing world at times and our compassion is the only way to bring some light.  

2 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

You stepped.up and took action. It takes courage to do that. The part of him that posted on Facebook must have hoped for some help (because there are other ways to say goodbye), even if another part of him is angry that people intervened. Not saying he didn't intend to do it, but perhaps some doubt. Various serious situation, our mental health is also a public health crisis.

Hope you are OK David, it's a very dark and disturbing world at times and our compassion is the only way to bring some light.  

I said to my missus, this is a cry for attention, but you have to treat it with genuine intent, if you don’t and he went through with it, I would be left asking myself questions for a number of years.

Unfortunately I think we will see suicide numbers go up due to this pandemic, the Humber Bridge had to temporarily close for pedestrians, they had security 24/7 at both ends due to an increase in suicides off the bridge.

Has the pandemic, the way it’s been handled created new mental health issues, or has it pushed those who were already struggling over the edge.

The impact will be discussed for years, maybe our lifetimes. I don’t envy anyone on both sides of the government. 

I’m fine though thanks, I have no doubts I did everything right, and I’d do the same again tomorrow.

2 hours ago, David said:

Sending my thoughts and best wishes to you and your family David , stay strong mate , you totally did the right thing , something he will realise eventually

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I know this will be a stupid question but can anyone explain to a bit of a technophobe what I will have to do to prove my vaccination status when I go to the Derby games?

Download the NHS app on your phone, not the Covid app, just the NHS.

Once logged in, it’s there on the Home Screen, get your Covid pass.

Inside you will have travel or domestic use, select domestic use and you will have a barcode. 

You can just show the barcode or print it off, but each barcode only lasts 30 days and will refresh 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Inside you will have travel or domestic use, select domestic use and you will have a barcode. 

You can just show the barcode or print it off, but each barcode only lasts 30 days and will refresh 

iPhone https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/nhs-app/id1388411277

Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhs.online.nhsonline&hl=en_GB&gl=US

11 minutes ago, David said:

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just bring your boots and as long as you can jog for a few mins, you're straight on the bench.

If even you can’t Jog but have played up Front at least once in your life, you’ll be straight in the 1st team. 

30 minutes ago, David said:

I didn't know about the 30 days thing. Do I have to refresh it, or does it do it itself? 

Not sure the point of that. I thought it just proved I was double jabbed. If I'm that now, it's hard not to be that in 31 days time .

10 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

I didn't know about the 30 days thing. Do I have to refresh it, or does it do it itself? 

Not sure the point of that. I thought it just proved I was double jabbed. If I'm that now, it's hard not to be that in 31 days time .

I’d guess it’s because at some point you will need a booster jab, so your Covid pass isn’t indefinite. It’s just a license you can use until they tell you to have another jab.

The official reason will be something to do with GDPR.

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Refreshes itself, it’s just really if you print it off, have to remember to print a fresh one every 30 days