Jump to content

Coronavirus part 2. Whitty’s Revenge


TexasRam
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

How is it being facetious to question somebody saying "Why aren't the government pushing natural immunity"?. How do you push natural immunity without encouraging infection amongst the un-vaccinated.

Also, if you're going to post claiming that 40% of vaccinated people end up in hospital, you're going to get rebuttals. "facetious" or otherwise.

You’re right the wording on my post wasn’t great, my initial post was referring to hospitalisation numbers of which the double jabbed make up 40%, not that 40% of the double jabbed are needing hospital treatment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Their own immune system will not reduce the chances of them spreading it if they do get the virus though. 

FWIW I still dont think that justifies the need for vaccine passports that we were told were never going to happen.

From what we’re seeing the jab doesn’t do that either though. Has there been a study yet to see if natural immunity stops transmission? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some early signs this wave may have reached it's peak in the North (where this wave started). 0% week-on-week increase in infection rate in places like Manchester and the Wirral. 

Huge increases in other areas though (for example over 100% week on week rise in Derby) as the Delta variant spreads across the country.

My hunch is 3-4 weeks before this wave peaks, then we will see cases begin to decline.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

78 new cases here and returning talk of harsh restrictions.  The problem is that the large majority of Icelanders has had it up to here with restrictions and useless mask requirements.  Summer is short here, we will enjoy it, even at the cost of civil disobedience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say something about the NHS Covid app, I've read about the horrendous staff shortages it's allegedly causing by people being pinged and then having to self isolate but then I've also read that a large proportion of people mainly the 18 to 30 age group deleting the app (or not having it in the first place)

So why would people then still be using the app if there a large proportion of people whom it could apply to whom are simply not using it, it seems ridiculous that it's discretionary to use it so why bother at all? Or is that just me? I've been double jabbed but apparently would still have to isolate if the app told me to up to the middle of August (don't have the app so wouldn't be happening anyway which reinforces the point above)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just wanted to say something about the NHS Covid app, I've read about the horrendous staff shortages it's allegedly causing by people being pinged and then having to self isolate but then I've also read that a large proportion of people mainly the 18 to 30 age group deleting the app (or not having it in the first place)

So why would people then still be using the app if there a large proportion of people whom it could apply to whom are simply not using it, it seems ridiculous that it's discretionary to use it so why bother at all? Or is that just me? I've been double jabbed but apparently would still have to isolate if the app told me to up to the middle of August (don't have the app so wouldn't be happening anyway which reinforces the point above)

Completely agree. I'm not sure why we haven't heard of businesses asking their staff to delete the app. Maybe they are, on the QT. Who could blame them.

My understanding is...

1. The app pings can't be a legal requirement because:

You can't be forced to have the app - because not everyone has a smartphone

The app knows where you are but not who you are - so how could they enforce the isolation message?

2. The isolation message therefore has to be advisory only

3. Govt wants "advisory" to really mean compulsary

4. They can't make it compulsary (see point 1.), so have to say people "should" isolate when pinged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Completely agree. I'm not sure why we haven't heard of businesses asking their staff to delete the app. Maybe they are, on the QT. Who could blame them.

My understanding is...

1. The app pings can't be a legal requirement because:

You can't be forced to have the app - because not everyone has a smartphone

The app knows where you are but not who you are - so how could they enforce the isolation message?

2. The isolation message therefore has to be advisory only

3. Govt wants "advisory" to really mean compulsary

4. They can't make it compulsary (see point 1.), so have to say people "should" isolate when pinged.

Totally agree - cynically I've not heard of any cases of having to self isolate when people have been on holiday or about to go on holiday.....the company I work work for has a blanket policy that any Covid related absence will be at full pay AND not be counted against the individual in the absent management procedure. 

I had several cases of people being pinged a couple of weeks before they were due to be on holiday, a couple of which were then seen walking about their local town in the interim by co workers but complaints were made anonymously so very difficult to corroborate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

 

Sorry for the angry emoji, I wasn't shooting the messenger!

Anyway, he can say what he wants, currently approx 40 Tories are against this and assuming labour don't wobble and vote it down there is a very good chance that this won't get passed.  I honestly believe that whilst the intentions maybe good, it is the first step towards tyranny and the slow creep towards ID cards and Chinese style 'encouraged' behaviour - once you have got a taste of power, it is very difficult not to just take a little bit more...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Completely agree. I'm not sure why we haven't heard of businesses asking their staff to delete the app. Maybe they are, on the QT. Who could blame them.

Could be a PR disaster for any company to come out and say that. 

Cancel culture would be out to destroy them, label Covidiots, never do business. Doesn’t take much to go viral now.

I will say I’ve deleted the app, having had Covid, the chances of me catching it again so soon will be very slim. Not impossible, just very slim.

Stay away from people as much as possible and keep my distance, I should (touch wood) be fine, I don’t want to land myself in a 10 day isolation as my neighbour has it and been pinged through sitting in our garden.

Don’t blame people for keeping it though, it’s an added precaution and warning when you have potentially been near someone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Completely agree. I'm not sure why we haven't heard of businesses asking their staff to delete the app. Maybe they are, on the QT. Who could blame them.

My understanding is...

1. The app pings can't be a legal requirement because:

You can't be forced to have the app - because not everyone has a smartphone

The app knows where you are but not who you are - so how could they enforce the isolation message?

2. The isolation message therefore has to be advisory only

3. Govt wants "advisory" to really mean compulsary

4. They can't make it compulsary (see point 1.), so have to say people "should" isolate when pinged.

Completely agree.

I saw a stat this morning that implied some 620K people had been pinged to self-isolate between 7 -14 July.  That's huge and would have had a massive impact on businesses, especially for the self-employed.  We're running at 40-50K new cases a day at the moment so I'd expect this figure to rise.  I know several people, all of whom are double jabbed, who have deleted the App simply because they either need to work, are going on holiday, or no longer wish to be tied down to staying at home.  I can only see this getting more prevalent.  A friend of mine was pinged recently - his isolation ends this weekend but as a result he missed an annual get together he'd been massively looking forward to (which I attended; it was great fun), plus 2 family get togethers.  He self-tests twice a week anyway and has remained negative throughout.  He's already said he's done with the App and will be deleting once he gets the green light. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, David said:

Could be a PR disaster for any company to come out and say that. 

Cancel culture would be out to destroy them, label Covidiots, never do business. Doesn’t take much to go viral now.

I will say I’ve deleted the app, having had Covid, the chances of me catching it again so soon will be very slim. Not impossible, just very slim.

Stay away from people as much as possible and keep my distance, I should (touch wood) be fine, I don’t want to land myself in a 10 day isolation as my neighbour has it and been pinged through sitting in our garden.

Don’t blame people for keeping it though, it’s an added precaution and warning when you have potentially been near someone.

That's twice you've posted in here this week......

 

Join Us GIF by memecandy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, David said:

Could be a PR disaster for any company to come out and say that. 

Cancel culture would be out to destroy them, label Covidiots, never do business. Doesn’t take much to go viral now.

I will say I’ve deleted the app, having had Covid, the chances of me catching it again so soon will be very slim. Not impossible, just very slim.

Stay away from people as much as possible and keep my distance, I should (touch wood) be fine, I don’t want to land myself in a 10 day isolation as my neighbour has it and been pinged through sitting in our garden.

Don’t blame people for keeping it though, it’s an added precaution and warning when you have potentially been near someone.

I get that they've said double jabbed people won't have to isolate after 16th August in order to maximise the effect but why not say that if you're pinged and you've had the second jab more than, say, 3 weeks ago then you don't have to isolate now.

I had my second jab over a month ago now. As you say, I've kept the app as a warning and just so I know to get a test but I have no intention of isolating if negative or unless I'm contacted direct by T&T.

I don't answer the phone or door if I don't know who people are anyway😉😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow ,,,,,,,,, further from my wife being accosted the other day by some bloke for no mask ,,,, she was stopped from going on to school grounds today by a teacher who told her she had been flagged up ( obviously mr busy bully) ,

my wife was wearing her exemption lanyard and pointed out she was exempt also pointed that she has been picking up from there since covid began , the teacher then told her the school could make its own policy now and she was not allowed on school grounds and fetched the child ,,, so schools can now discriminate against mask exempt people ???🤷🏻‍♂️,,,, needless to say we will be taking legal action,

pits your children next folks , can’t wear a mask no right to an education

Edited by Archied
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I get that they've said double jabbed people won't have to isolate after 16th August in order to maximise the effect but why not say that if you're pinged and you've had the second jab more than, say, 3 weeks ago then you don't have to isolate now.

I had my second jab over a month ago now. As you say, I've kept the app as a warning and just so I know to get a test but I have no intention of isolating if negative or unless I'm contacted direct by T&T.

I don't answer the phone or door if I don't know who people are anyway😉😎

That would make sense, but they like to set these dates, maybe for their stats and slideshows so they can see what effect the change has had.

Always try to think of why they have come to that idea, not always easy but eases the stress a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Wow ,,,,,,,,, further from my wife being accosted the other day by some bloke for no mask ,,,, she was stopped from going on to school grounds today by a teacher who told her she had been flagged up ( obviously mr busy bully) ,

my wife was wearing her exemption lanyard and pointed out she was exempt also pointed that she has been picking up from there since covid began , the teacher then told her the school could make its own policy now and she was not allowed on school grounds and fetched the child ,,, so schools can now discriminate against mask exempt people ???🤷🏻‍♂️,,,, needless to say we will be taking legal action,

pits your children next folks , can’t wear a mask no right to an education

Utterly pathetic by the school.

Why make a fuss about it now - 3 days after it's no longer even an actual requirement?. They've obviously been OK with it all this time, as you say.

You need to make a big stink on social media / local news etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, David said:

That would make sense, but they like to set these dates, maybe for their stats and slideshows so they can see what effect the change has had.

Always try to think of why they have come to that idea, not always easy but eases the stress a bit.

Oh, I do, and it often makes me feel like I'm defending stuff I don't actually agree with. Both in this thread and the old politics one.

Just that I'm finding it increasingly difficult to understand the motivations and reasoning behind some of the recent decisions. The whole Boris and Rishi not isolating thing being the weirdest one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.