The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Youre conflating two separate points here that aren't related.

The first one about 60% of people in hospital being double jabbed is to be expected. There are two reasons for this, first about 65% of people have been fully jabbed. Second the nature of Covid is that your risk doubles with every 7 years of age. So a 70 year old would be 64 times more likely to be hospitalised than a 28 year old. Now remember the numbers I shared earlier. Vaccination reduces risk of hospitalisation by 95%.  This means a vaccinated 70 year old would still be 3.2 times more likely to be hospitalised than an unvaccinated 28 year old.

In other words, we would expect most people in hospital to be double jabbed. It doesn't mean it isn't working.

Moving on to your next point, why encourage young people to get the jab? The way vaccinations work is that they require a certain percentage of the population to be vaccinated to stop outbreaks occuring. I think from memory they usually want to get over 95% vaccinated for them to be effective in extinguishing the disease. If we can get to that point then we can truly go back to normal and forget about it, much as we have with measles, TB, Polio etc.

That's the goal.

Cheers bill?

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This crowded venue thing looks like total bull.

Government under pressure as cases are massive just as they unlock everything.

To try and deflect criticism they are going to introduce this vaccine rule at the end of September!

If we are still getting high volumes of cases in 2 and half months time, we'll have much bigger problems than nightclub entry.

Making it up as they go, no strategic plan, total shambles. 

They also left the door open for another lockdown.  Another lie.

As we open up, infections will inevitably rise.  100k is on the cards - we're just lucky that covid won't infect you in a nightclub or other crowded place until Sept if you're not double jabbed else it could be 200k  ? 

Even if hospitalization and deaths remain relatively low does anyone think we won't lock down again if infections reach 100k/day?

Edited by maxjam

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

As we open up, infections will inevitably rise.  100k is on the cards - we're just lucky that covid won't infect you in a nightclub or other crowded place until Sept if you're not double jabbed else they could be 200k  ? 

Even if hospitalization and deaths remain relatively low does anyone think we won't lock down again if infections reach 100k/day?

Actually, I think Johnson is actually more suited to this chaotic, changing mind every day caper.

I mean, he's terrible at it, but imagine him trying to formulate something that needed long term planning and strategy. Oh, I don't need to imagine, there was that farcical "levelling up" chat he gave the other day.

And all this is letting him keep N.Ireland border problems in the background.

Do we reach a point soon when the damage to the UK becomes irreversible? I mean actually something you can't reverse, as opposed to something actually reversible like lockdowns being removed!

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

As we open up, infections will inevitably rise.  100k is on the cards - we're just lucky that covid won't infect you in a nightclub or other crowded place until Sept if you're not double jabbed else they could be 200k  ? 

They will keep locking down and forcing jabs on groups that don’t need them until people stand up and say NO, sadly I’m now 100 percent convinced that no matter what another reason will constantly be found ??‍♂️,

we are at a massive fork in the road for the kind of lives we want against the kind of lives we are ALLOWED ,,, not just for us but our children and grandchildren/ generations to come ,,, personally I will NOW choose to fight against this in every way I can 

Am bit confused why BoJo has said that in September he will introduce some sort of double jab passport for people wanting to get into nightclubs, the timing of which is to allow the 18 to 30 age range to have time to get two jabs....well if they do that why then would there be a need for this passport system as people going to clubs now won't have a double jab but that's ok but not later....I'm so confused....

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

next point is, having a jab doesn't stop you from contracting covid and it doesn't stop you from passing it on.

It reduces your risk of catching it and passing it on. In other words it reduces the r number.

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Therefore why insist upon mandating double vaccination whilst outlawing proof of a negative test?

Because they want to drive us to 95% of population vaccinated to stop (or minimise) outbreaks. That's good economics and it all comes down to money at the end of the day if we're being honest.

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Furthermore, whilst I agree that having more people vaccinated might help eradicate covid we simply don't know what long term effects the jabs may have, especially in our younger generations that are minimally effected by covid.  Forcing people to have a jab to attend a nightclub or other 'crowded place' is, given the history of this Govt, just the starting point.  How long until it progresses to every walk of life?

As I said earlier, we are living through an experiment. We are all the government's lab rats.

Part one of the experiment is today's opening up. How many more will die as a result? 

Part 2 is vaccinating the young and healthy. How many will that save as a result?

?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

They will keep locking down and forcing jabs on groups that don’t need them until people stand up and say NO, sadly I’m now 100 percent convinced that no matter what another reason will constantly be found ??‍♂️,

we are at a massive fork in the road for the kind of lives we want against the kind of lives we are ALLOWED ,,, not just for us but our children and grandchildren/ generations to come ,,, personally I will NOW choose to fight against this in every way I can 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am bit confused why BoJo has said that in September he will introduce some sort of double jab passport for people wanting to get into nightclubs, the timing of which is to allow the 18 to 30 age range to have time to get two jabs....well if they do that why then would there be a need for this passport system as people going to clubs now won't have a double jab but that's ok but not later....I'm so confused....

If I was a conspiracy theorist, and tbh the longer the carries on the harder it is not to be, I would say its because they want infections to go up so that can introduce more restrictions?

Why open up now when cases are rising?  Why delay double jabbed entry until September?  You are either an idiot (dammit, flaw in my conspiracy theory ?) or you want rising infections to enable further restrictions.

I've never been an activist in my life and tbh dunno how to start but as @Archied said, I'm going to fight this in every way I can now.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Because he can , we let him , and you can’t vote him out on it because labour say he’s not restricting us enough??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

It reduces your risk of catching it and passing it on. In other words it reduces the r number.

So I can go into a nightclub double jabbed but infected with covid but can't go into a nightclub if I've tested negative?

If you are going to bring in vaccine passports, the very least you can do imo, is to also allow for negative tests. 

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Because they want to drive us to 95% of population vaccinated to stop (or minimise) outbreaks. That's good economics and it all comes down to money at the end of the day if we're being honest.

That can easily be achieved by turning off track and trace.

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

As I said earlier, we are living through an experiment. We are all the government's lab rats.

Part one of the experiment is today's opening up. How many more will die as a result? 

Part 2 is vaccinating the young and healthy. How many will that save as a result?

?‍♂️

An experiment run by idiots or a cunning plan to implement 1984...

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

If I was a conspiracy theorist, and tbh the longer the carries on the harder it is not to be, I would say its because they want infections to go up so that can introduce more restrictions?

Why open up now when cases are rising?  Why delay double jabbed entry until September?  You are either an idiot (dammit, flaw in my conspiracy theory ?) or you want rising infections to enable further restrictions.

I've never been an activist in my life and tbh dunno how to start but as @Archied said, I'm going to fight this in every way I can now.

Yep ,remember sending the kids back to school for A DAY then locking them indoors again, sending students to uni then locking them in whilst ramping up testing ,,, it’s wake up and smell the coffee time folks

Stop counting it, stop measuring it, stop reporting about it, stop debating about it. 99% of the folks negativity effected by it now have protection against it. All restrictions have gone, let’s move on and get on with living our lives. If there is any reverse of this, I’m with the posters above I’ll fight that as much as I can.

37 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Because it’s going to take serco till September to source a lightbulb for the Red alert light.

Till then we wait!

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So on an 18 month basis it's not exponential

Correct. But that's due to lockdowns we have had.

26 minutes ago, rammieib said:

and on a 4 to 5 week its not exponential.

Thats incorrect. Exponential means proportional to the thing itself. Over the last 4 to 5 weeks infections have been growing at a pretty consistent rate of around 50% a week. That's exactly what an exponential increase means.

29 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Correct. But that's due to lockdowns we have had.

Thats incorrect. Exponential means proportional to the thing itself. Over the last 4 to 5 weeks infections have been growing at a pretty consistent rate of around 50% a week. That's exactly what an exponential increase means.

14th June = 32%

21st June = 40%

28th June = 70%

5th July = 44%

12th July = 25%

That’s the week of week % increase over the last five weeks.

Data from Gov website.

That’s not exponential - that’s a slowing down!!!

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Stop counting it, stop measuring it, stop reporting about it, stop debating about it. 99% of the folks negativity effected by it now have protection against it. All restrictions have gone, let’s move on and get on with living our lives. If there is any reverse of this, I’m with the posters above I’ll fight that as much as I can.

Did you see Texas cases and hospitalisations are imcreasing again now? Weird.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Did you see Texas cases and hospitalisations are imcreasing again now? Weird.

Nope