The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

I'll take my chances with Malaria and Yellow Fever thanks!

That’s ok, you would be denied entry to many countries there. Not entirely different to someone being denied entry to a nightclub because they haven’t been vaccinated. You have the freedom not to be jabbed, but it comes with consequences. 

11 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I agree, it was scandalous that I wasn’t allowed to travel to Africa unless I had a Number of jabs. What a ridiculous discrimination against me just to save my life. 
?

So?  Don't sign the petition then.

As for your equivalence argument, I cba to get involved tbh. 

I don't care whether people take the jab or not, that is entirely up to them.  If you're not slightly perturbed by this Govt lust for power and where the vaccine passports may take us then fair enough - but this is my line in a sand now.  I maybe wrong, I usually am, but unless I stand up and shout about it now, I then don't get to look back in 5 years and wonder where all my freedoms have gone.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

We’ve been down this route , malaria kills 700 ,000 a year in Africa , hiv 300,000, typhoid and others rather large too as compared to approx 35 000 covid deaths but the priority is to get the covid jabs out there as the continent is on its knees with it ??, wonder who holds the patents on malaria jabs and what the profit margins are nowadays given the time malaria jabs have been around??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

5 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I think the point is more that they can still spread it isn’t it?

I wouldn't bother mate. People on here think lockdowns weren't ever needed and did nothing, vaccines aren't really needed, that the start of previous waves would not lead to deaths, that the deaths would have just happened anyway, that long covid doesn't exist, that the whole response is a conspiracy and only the naive can't see that, that any country that has had few cases and deaths has been in ultra lockdown since 2019 or has some unfair geographical advantage over our green and pleasant land.

9 minutes ago, bcnram said:

That’s ok, you would be denied entry to many countries there. Not entirely different to someone being denied entry to a nightclub because they haven’t been vaccinated. You have the freedom not to be jabbed, but it comes with consequences. 

Sorry, I was agreeing with you. I'm sure people against vaccines would happily took these ones to enter foreign countries.

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Their best tactic was letting all those people die from Covid. Twice.

That scared people good and proper. Those cheeky Italians were at it too, and the Spanish.

Body bags in the street cos the morgue were full. Very clever.

We need to fight back against these scare tactics.

Or perhaps putting people with covid into care homes amongs the very people most at risk of dying from it ??‍♂️,

as stated by another poster you are welcome to close your eyes to whatever you like 

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I maybe wrong, I usually am, but unless I stand up and shout about it now, I then don't get to look back in 5 years and wonder where all my freedoms have gone.

What makes you think that this is some thin end of the wedge that will erode all your freedoms?

It just seems like some weak attempt to get younger people to get vaccinated now, which will be dropped as soon as cases numbers are back to tiny levels again.

They clearer came up with this yesterday to counter all the criticisms. It is not part of some grand plan to slowly remove all our freedoms.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The people that the Government are now targetting have very little threat to their life from the virus they are being vaccinated against.

13 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I think the point is more that they can still spread it isn’t it?

So?  Who are they spreading it to?  We where told that vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable was our way out of this mess.  The it was everyone over 50.  Now its everyone over 18 with discussions about jabbing children.

These vaccinations are new, we have no long term data.  After we jabbed everyone over 50, 99% of the people getting ill were protected.  We're now spending huge sums of money enforcing a vaccination programme upon millions of people most of whom don't need it and for all of whom the potential risks of having it outweigh the benefits of having it.

We are now being told by a Govt that swore many times that they were not going to introduce vaccine passports, that we've got to have a vaccine passport to enter nightclubs and 'crowded venues'.   Given that this Govt seems to enjoy its power and consistently lies to us and the term 'crowded venue' can be applied to virtually anything, how long before the noose starts to tighten?  I am personally deeply concerned that in 12 months time, 2 years time, 5 years time, we will be living in a very draconian society.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

What makes you think that this is some thin end of the wedge that will erode all your freedoms?

It just seems like some weak attempt to get younger people to get vaccinated now, which will be dropped as soon as cases numbers are back to tiny levels again.

They clearer came up with this yesterday to counter all the criticisms. It is not part of some grand plan to slowly remove all our freedoms.

I hope you're right. 

Personally I think the opposite and if I stand by and say nothing that will give the Govt the green light to assume that increased control is what people want over their lives.  It is very difficult to get something back once you've lost it, so this is my line.

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Or perhaps putting people with covid into care homes amongs the very people most at risk of dying from it ??‍♂️,

as stated by another poster you are welcome to close your eyes to whatever you like 

I think the majority of people know that the care homes debacle caused lots of extra deaths, but not that it proves that Covid is nothing to be concerned about. I think you have your eyes open too wide.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

So?  Don't sign the petition then.

As for your equivalence argument, I cba to get involved tbh. 

I don't care whether people take the jab or not, that is entirely up to them.  If you're not slightly perturbed by this Govt lust for power and where the vaccine passports may take us then fair enough - but this is my line in a sand now.  I maybe wrong, I usually am, but unless I stand up and shout about it now, I then don't get to look back in 5 years and wonder where all my freedoms have gone.

I rarely get involved in posting about these things because they tend to go on and on. 
it is entirely your freedom to not have a jab whether it be medical, political, scared of needles or whatever. 
It is entirely your freedom to sign whatever you want. 
It seems that until the virus is reduced significantly, there will be some minor consequences should you want to go to a nightclub or similar.

Personally, I think the actions (or inactions ) of those who don’t get vaccinated, but still want to take part in everything that society can offer are selfish, but that is me. Others have a different view and that is their right. 
ps. it doesn’t hurt honest. ??

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

So?  Who are they spreading it to?  We where told that vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable was our way out of this mess.  The it was everyone over 50.  Now its everyone over 18 with discussions about jabbing children.

These vaccinations are new, we have no long term data.  After we jabbed everyone over 50, 99% of the people getting ill were protected.  We're now spending huge sums of money enforcing a vaccination programme upon millions of people most of whom don't need it and for all of whom the potential risks of having it outweigh the benefits of having it.

We are now being told by a Govt that swore many times that they were not going to introduce vaccine passports, that we've got to have a vaccine passport to enter nightclubs and 'crowded venues'.   Given that this Govt seems to enjoy its power and consistently lies to us and the term 'crowded venue' can be applied to virtually anything, how long before the noose starts to tighten?  I am personally deeply concerned that in 12 months time, 2 years time, 5 years time, we will be living in a very draconian society.

The vaccines aren't close to 100% effective though, you're making them out to be more effective than they really are. There are millions still vulnerable. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you about being unclear what the long term effects are, as the full trials are not complete but let's not kid ourselves in thinking everyone's protected who needs to be. 

And furthermore, the higher the level of infection in society the higher the chance the vulnerable will be infected.

I don't think there is a good solution. 

1 minute ago, bcnram said:

I rarely get involved in posting about these things because they tend to go on and on. 
it is entirely your freedom to not have a jab whether it be medical, political, scared of needles or whatever. 
It is entirely your freedom to sign whatever you want. 
It seems that until the virus is reduced significantly, there will be some minor consequences should you want to go to a nightclub or similar.

Personally, I think the actions (or inactions ) of those who don’t get vaccinated, but still want to take part in everything that society can offer are selfish, but that is me. Others have a different view and that is their right. 
ps. it doesn’t hurt honest. ??

So you can go into a nightclub carrying the virus, passing it onto 50 other people all of whom will get pinged and be forced to self isolate despite being double jabbed - yet you now won't be allowed into the nightclub if you've taken a test to prove you haven't got covid?

Not only are vaccine passports draconian, they still won't prevent the spread of the virus.

11 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Youve conveniently missed the current weeks figure from that list. Which is 42 percent.

My estimate earlier was around 50% week on week growth. Looking at your figures I was a little high. The average is axtually 42% week on week growth. 

So this last week is a bang average week of growth.

So sadly the trend is not down. It's flat. In other words it is proportional to the number of people infected. 

And that is the text book definition of exponential growth.

Government data only goes out to the 14th July. When is your average of 42% from?

Again - over how many days/weeks does something need to be going up for it to be called Exponential Growth?

If I go back to the 18th May, and work to today, and average the % increase out then the number is 39% - which is pretty much the same as yours.

I think my point and why I disagree on the phrase to call it exponential is that its not a linear increase of 40% day on day, its clear to see two decreasing trends in the graph below where growth was slowing down. 

We've now had three consecutive days of the number of cases report (not specimen date) going down - Yes I completely understand the weekend reduces the numbers but schools are now starting to close. Ultimately, what we gain on the schools closing will probably be offset on the night clubs opening up - but most of these will only be actual symptomatic cases, unlike the swathes of asymptomatic cases from the schools.

Again, I don't think we are too far away from hitting the next peak is my own opinion.

image.png.1151531fd0b8f86abc045c0b814a8004.png

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ok , I’m sure you consider yourself reasonably intelligent but stunningly you compare covid to malaria to back up your vaccinate all ,vaccine passport guff,,,

milaria has been around for years upon years 

malaria is an indiscriminate killer , it kills young , it kills old , it kills the healthy , it kills the unhealthy ,it kills all colours and races ,,,,,,,it is nothing repeat nothing like covid , but you crack on mate

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

So you can go into a nightclub carrying the virus, passing it onto 50 other people all of whom will get pinged and be forced to self isolate despite being double jabbed - yet you now won't be allowed into the nightclub if you've taken a test to prove you haven't got covid?

Not only are vaccine passports draconian, they still won't prevent the spread of the virus.

Completely agree - very, very strange decision and I imagine the courts will overrule it when the first cases go to court.

11 hours ago, Archied said:

You can throw out all the graphs and figures and spin the doom and gloom all you want ,, try throwing out the figures around how many people test positive for covid and not only survive but have no or next to no symptoms or nothing worse than flu ,,, that’s the great news and cause for optimism around this virus that first emerged with video s of people dropping down dead in the streets and people in hazmat suits scooping them up , it is duck all like the virus projected on us and it’s getting harder and harder to keep up the charade ??‍♂️

This is what we have to remember. Yes there are a lot of cases, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The vast majority are not getting ill from it. That is the most important thing. Remember it was all about protecting the NHS and making sure it's not getting overwhelmed. We've done that, the vulnerable have been fully vaccinated and so have many more. It is time to open up. 

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ok let’s not even bother with your claims it’s no threat to freedoms after all , irreversible, reversible these days ??‍♂️
it is as you state a back door mandate to coerce young people who don’t need or want a vaccine that doesn’t even stop them from catching and passing on a virus anyway ,,,,,and your just fine and dandy with that,,astounding